Global Thermonuclear War Game 24

Why was it that Jacabyte was suddenly cleared of suspicion last round? Because he voted for Templar instead of darwinian? This seems reasonable, but it also seems like an exceptional way for Jaca to hide at the expense of one of his comrades... he still struck me as a terrorist before that. This vote doesn't really have much conviction behind it, but I don't want to just hop on the RJC bandwagon... even though there's no stopping that bandwagon at this point...

This post has been edited by jrsh92 : 26 May 2008 - 08:40 PM

@jrsh92, on May 26 2008, 09:39 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

Why was it that Jacabyte was suddenly cleared of suspicion last round?

A little fairy whispered in all our ears that JacaByte was innocent.

Not only did JacaByte help vote out Templar when he could have made things much uglier, he's being vouched for by Mispeled.

Mispeled claims to be the I.A.
If Mispeled really is the I.A., then JacaByte must be Innocent.
If he isn't the I.A., then he's one of the evil players, and the Real I.A. is still floating around.
If Mispeled gets Night-Killed, then we know that everyone he has vouched for must be Innocent.

Conversely, if he isn't the real I.A., and a later casualty turns out to Be the real I.A., then we kill Mispeled immediately, as he is assuredly evil.

If a second player decides to claim to be the I.A., then one of the two is lying (And therefore evil) and has given his identity away. If we Lynch one of the two claimants, or if one of the claimant's falsely claims a player to be evil, the deception will be revealed, and we will be down to two possibly guilty players in a pool of, in the absolute worst case, six.

In other words, if Mispeled is lying, it will be revealed in time.

Mispeled claimed the following to be Investigated as Innocents:
Rickton
darth_vader
JacaByte
Eugene Chin
and, Mispeled as the I.A.

This leaves the following uninvestigated:
egroeg
jrsh92
lemonyscapegoat
Manta
prophile
RJC Ultra

If Mispeled is the I.A., then we know that three bad-guy's are in this pool of six players.

Further, since Templar's death was so sudden and so narrow, my intuition is leaning towards removing Manta from consideration. I'm also inclined to remove prophile from consideration, since he's been the target of votes by both kickme and Templar98921, but that's a shakier case than with Manta.

(EDIT) Actually, this analysis was done with the assumption of three terrorists who know each other. Our game has two terrorists who know each other, and one serial-killer who does not know the other two.
I think Manta is not a terrorist, because he helped Lynch a terrorist.
I think prophile is not a terrorist, because he's been trading fire with two of their number.
Unfortunately, that doesn't remove the possibility that either of them is the serial-killer.

In an Optimistic case, that leaves us with:
egroeg
jrsh92
lemonyscapegoat
RJC Ultra

lemony is back in consideration, seeing as he isn't going to be auto-killed by mrxak.

Two terrorists and a serial-killer, a total of three bad-guys, in a pool of four players.
(EDIT) Well, two terrorists in a pool of four players, and a serial-killer lurking in the remainder.

I'm assuming that this...

@mrxak, on May 16 2008, 04:23 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

(i)These are our players, and in this play there are six roles. Twelve are all the same, and four work to destroy them. Three are tasked to stop the four, and one works for the mayhem.

... means (initially) four terrorists and a serial-killer (mayhem), in addition to three special roles (Hypochondriac: Necromancer, Mackilroy: Takedown, Mispeled(Hopefuly): Intelligence Agent)

I'm also hoping that this...

@mrxak, on May 16 2008, 04:23 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

The game will end if all terrorists are eliminated, or all but the terrorists are eliminated.

... means that we don't have to kill the mayhem-player to win.

So let's focus on the terrorists.

I think I'm gonna roll with it.

RJC Ultra : (6)
darth_vader
Mispeled
Manta
lemonyscapegoat
JacaByte
Eugene Chin

Manta: (1)
prophile

JacaByte: (1)
jrsh92

No Vote: (3)
egroeg
Rickton
RJC Ultra

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 26 May 2008 - 09:59 PM

By casting so much scrutiny over mispeled, we've all but guaranteed his survival. Assuming he's the IA, of course, but the terrorists may want to keep him alive to cause some more confusion.

Anyway, what a really, really, really weird way for Templar to get killed, jrsh92. If you were keeping count, I changed my vote a total of four times last round, alternating between Darwinian, myself, back to Darwinian and then to Templar. Assuming I'm a terrorist, that's a pretty dang good way to insure that I live, don't you think? Especially considering that Templar only had literally about a half an hour to react to the change in votes that killed him. I think that such a decision would have to be made without a debate between fellow terrorists, and would be likely to get myself killed by them in return. After all, I did kill one of my own without first consulting him.

I doubt Mispeled's revelation will aid his chances of survival. The terrorists will probably just kill him and if he starts doing anything suspicious, we'll kill him.

Yeah, I'm honestly not to sure about what happened at all last round. It's just confusing as all hell, and I came away from it sort of thinking "ok... um... back to the plan" which had before been to look closer at you, Jaca. As I said, I didn't see what was going on as it happened, and couldn't decipher it too well in retrospect.
Do I think a terrorist would actually kill one of their own? Likely not. However, I wouldn't rule it out. Jaca could kill a fellow terrorist without retribution because there're only two terrorists left, one other than Jaca assuming Jaca is one of them-- an assumption that I agree, we shouldn't make just yet. One terrorist, without nightkilling one of their own, which I believe mrxak disallows, couldn't really make a significant voting block against Jaca, especially with people so biased towards his innocence, having killed off Templar!
That said (gotta love conspiracy theories), I am voting for Jaca simply because he looks the next most suspicious. I think RJC is a good choice, but nothing is going to stop RJC from dying this round and nothing is going to kill Jacabyte. I support the decision to kill RJC but it really doesn't matter where my vote goes this round. Not bandwagoning is a good way to not die, hence a vote for Jaca.
Should I really be voting for Jaca considering I suspect another player more? Is this really going to protect me from the bandwagoning accusations that would surely follow despite the fact that I have admitted the only reason I didn't vote for RJC was to not bandwagon? I don't know. But don't worry about it, dude, my vote wont' get you killed this round.

I feel that the bandwagoning paranoia has really gone too far when I have to not vote for someone who it is perfectly reasonable to suspect simply because 6 other people have reasonably suspected him before me. Oh, is it because I'm not giving reasons, not because I'm bandwagoning? Well, the reasons have been given! By 6 people no less! I shouldn't need new reasons to vote for someone who already very much looks like a terrorist.

I still don't think Jaca should be cleared of all suspicion. This is why my vote went to him instead of some other random non-RJC person.

I like how jrsh92 continues to ignore Mispeled's investigations and calls me a terrorist, despite the proof Mispeled has that I'm innocent. If he's a terrorist, then I suppose that makes me a terrorist, along with Rickton, and Darth Vader, and Eugene Chin...

Mispeld says he's the Intelligence Agent , and he says JacaByte's Innocent.

The Only Frikkin' Way JacaByte could be a terrorist is if Mispeled is one too.

Further, there are Three Other Ways for Mispeled to be evil, and JacaByte Still Innocent.
{ (Mispeled / Rickton), (Mispeled / darth_vader), (Mispeled / Eugene Chin) }

JacaByte: Yeah, if RJC Ultra hadn't gained so much steam so quickly, I probably would have taken a swing at jrsh92.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 26 May 2008 - 10:10 PM

RJC Ultra

I'm innocent, but I agree with you that I look highly suspicious. With only two traitors left, I don't think they'll win the game anyway. So, to clear things up, I agree with removing me from this game. After my death, I don't think there'll be much doubt on who the traitors really are.

Okay, with ~83% of the vote in, I'll end the active phase at 6PM tonight EST, that's a little under 9 hours from now. I'd do 6 hours, but that ends up as a kind of a weird time.

Round Five Votes:
darth_vader - RJC Ultra
egroeg -
Eugene Chin - RJC Ultra
JacaByte - RJC Ultra
jrsh92 - JacaByte
lemonyscapegoat - RJC Ultra
Manta - RJC Ultra
Mispeled - RJC Ultra
prophile - Manta
Rickton -
RJC Ultra - RJC Ultra

RJC definitely deserves some kind of award for awesome sportsmanship.

Wait a cotton pickin' minute, if RJC Ultra is innocent, then who isn't? According the Eugene Chin, RJC is either a terrorist or the serial killer. If he's neither, then something is terribly wrong. In that case, either Eugene chin, Mispeled or both are terrorists.

We may want to pass more scrutiny over those who are allegedly innocent next round if this turns out to be the case.

According to Mispeled if he is IA and Eugene Chin's logic, there are still three possibilities for terrorists after RJC:

egroeg
jrsh92
lemonyscapegoat

Oh, that's right. Lemony is still in the game, isn't he?

Well, I guess we should see what happens...

Next round, I'm going to be voting jrsh92.

Ah, sorry guys, looks like the round will end at an odd time anyway, oh well.

Round Five Votes:
darth_vader - RJC Ultra
egroeg - egroeg
Eugene Chin - RJC Ultra
JacaByte - RJC Ultra
jrsh92 - JacaByte
lemonyscapegoat - RJC Ultra
Manta - RJC Ultra
Mispeled - RJC Ultra
prophile - Manta
Rickton - Rickton
RJC Ultra - RJC Ultra

RJC Ultra - 7
egroeg - 1
JacaByte - 1
Manta - 1
Rickton - 1

_"Well, my beautiful people, are we ready to kill somebody yet?" mrxak asks, looking around from behind the podium. "Come on guys, we gotta make quota! These balloon animals don't make themselves, right? Wait... uh, I mean, ungh-"

mrxak rubs his temples, appearing to be in pain. Suddenly he turns to his right, where nobody is standing, then bursts into laughter. Equally as suddenly he stops, turns back to the delegates and stares at them.

"I demand progress!" he shouts angrily, pounding the podium. "Gur ovabytupny jerncobaf zahfug or pobzicyrgar orsber gur frophevgal pobhappy pibapyharf gurve vairfugvingvoba! Gur quorrc fron granz already finished, if you want to join me there you will finish too! NOOO! NOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I WON'T DO IT! I WON'T DO IT! NOOOOOOO!"

mrxak doubles over in pain and springs back up from behind the podium with a smile. The delegates look at each other nervously.

"Speedy tells me you've decided on who to kill. RJC Ultra, is it? Well, guards! Take him away! Yay!" mrxak cheers, then again rubs his temples, feeling pain, and there's a ringing that everyone can hear. "Ugh, headache."

Suddenly he is sitting at a desk instead of standing at a podium, and mrxak picks up a phone.

"Yes? What is it? ... What do you mean the submarine just exploded? ... Find out what ######ing happened then!" mrxak slams the phone down. He picks it up again, and dials three numbers. "Put the guard on high alert, we may be orvat nugginpoxroq ol gur erzenvavat angovbaf."

mrxak puts the phone down and turns around on his swivel chair, stands, and goes to a panel on the wall that was not there before. He goes to press some numbers, then stops an instant before he begins, then puts his head down, clenches his fists, and screams.

"I WON'T DO IT! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!"_

RJC Ultra is now dead. Inactive phase one of round five is now beginning. If you need to PM me, please do so soon. You have twelve hours to do so, but the sooner you get your PMs in, the sooner we can continue.

"He's resisting doctor."
"At least we're getting somewhere."
"He's disoriented. He's experiencing pain inside the simulation now. I think we're damaging his brain."
"Push it to 96%."
"96%! That will kill him, surely!"
"It'll hurt him, but it won't kill him, Clara. In theory we can go all the way to tolerance. Do as I ordered."
Clara swears under her breath, then says: "Yes sir. Increasing to 96%."

_"I hope everyone enjoys their snack time," mrxak says, standing barefoot in the sand. The delegates find themselves sitting much as they were in the security council chamber, except now on a beach. "I hope somebody brought the hot dogs for the grill."

A grill appears near some picnic tables, and the delegates pull out the various things they were asked to bring. darth_vader brings out some potato chips, egroeg brings out some tortilla chips. Eugene Chin has some onion dip, and JacaByte puts some salsa on the table. jrsh92 has the hot dogs and lemonyscapegoat has the mustard. Manta puts the ketchup down on the table, but it breaks, and spills all over his chest, the ketchup seems to spread.

"Manta? What are you doing here?" mrxak looks at him oddly. "You were shot by a sniper as we were walking to the cars."

"Oh, yes, that's right," Manta says, then falls over dead, and vanishes.

"Mispeled, you brought the ketchup," mrxak says.

"Yes, after Manta was shot, I picked it up off the ground," Mispeled says. "I also brought the relish."

prophile then puts some cans of soda in the ice box Rickton brought along.

"Good, good, and I brought the charcoal," mrxak says. "I'll start cooking the hotdogs, then we'll make some balloon animals after we eat. You should all go play volleyball and figure out who you want to vote off next. Make it quick though, we don't want to waste hot dogs on the people who are going to be killed."

"Yay!" the delegates cheer.

Suddenly mrxak is back at his desk, and there is the sounds of gunfire. mrxak stands up behind his desk and orders the guards to stand in front of him.

"Do not let them take me!" mrxak shouts. "More guards are coming to cut them off, but they won't get here for several minutes. Kill anyone who comes through that door!"

"Use the escape hatch, m'lord," one of them says, drawing his weapon.

"No, it's been destroyed from outside."

"We won't let them get you, sir."

mrxak pulls a silver-colored pistol out from his desk and holds it ready at his side. Suddenly the door smashes open and soldiers burst in. The guards fire and are fired on in return, about 8 or 10 people die, and finally mrxak stands alone.

"Put your weapon down now!" the soldiers scream.

"You won't take me alive!" mrxak shouts, pointing his gun to his head. mrxak opens the first package of hotdogs and lays them out on the grill. "What are you going to have on your hot dog, Speedy? I like mustard and ketchup."_

Manta is now dead. RJC Ultra and Manta were both ordinary delegates. I've received PMs from everybody so the next round begins now. For the record, it is round 6, active phase.

Round Six Votes:
darth_vader -
egroeg -
Eugene Chin -
JacaByte -
jrsh92 -
lemonyscapegoat -
Mispeled -
prophile -
Rickton -

"We're getting closer, but his memories are getting more jumbled."
"He's jumping back and forth, isn't the time we're interested in somewhere between?"
"Yes Clara. We have to push him. Drop his pain meds a bit."
"I can't in good-"
"Do it, Clara! Or I'll relieve you and do it myself. People are dying out there!"
"Fine, fine, what dosage do you want for him, doctor?"
"Drop him to half."
"Intruder alert! Intruder alert! This is not a drill. Security fire teams to west corridor, level 7!"
"What's going on?"
"I don't know. They may be trying to rescue him."

Quite pleasantly surprised to find myself still alive. Unfortunately, mrxak didn't give me a return PM with the results of my investigation... not sure if this is intentional from some weird quirk in the game or if he just forgot.

Also, do we know the roles of RJC and Manta? Both regular delegates?

He just said...?

jrsh92 , unless Mispeled says otherwise.

mrxak says Manta and RJC Ultra were ordinary.

The noose grows ever tighter, but it sounds like our answers won't be in time for "Clara" and the "Doctor."

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 27 May 2008 - 10:30 PM