Manta
Mispeled
nfreader
prophile
Rickton
RJC Ultra
SoItBegins
Templar98921

_These are our players, and in this play there are six roles. Twelve are all the same, and four work to destroy them. Three are tasked to stop the four, and one works for the mayhem.

"Greetings humans!" mrxak exclaims, and a few of the UN security council delegates feel a wave of deja vu. Indeed, some of them were involved in the original experiment. Naturally their memories were erased thoroughly, but a few details might occasionally feel familiar as it's run through again. "I've called you all here today for this wonderful emergency session!"

"What the-" darth_vader looks around confused.

"Please, now, don't interrupt. We have very important things to discuss. Things about nukes!"

"Nukes?!?" Eugene Chin interrupts. mrxak frowns at him. "Sorry..."

"Yes, nukes! Fabulous, wonderful nukes! But oh no! They are going to kill us all!"

"Not again!" Mackilroy yells. "Wait, when did this happen before?"

"Oh, but surely it didn't. Now don't interrupt, I beg you, or we shall not get through all these annoying rules," mrxak sighs. "But don't worry, I'll try to keep you all entertained by explaining with balloon animals!"

"Yay!" prophile claps his hands excitedly.

"Ah, I see we have a fan, good, good," mrxak blows up a balloon and starts to twist and tie it into a doggy. Next he makes a giraffe. Then he makes a fish. Finally, he makes a rocket. "Okay now, please pay attention. First, you see, we have all of us here working together on this council. It's all very exciting! But then, Mr. Doggy here, he's not very nice, he's really mean."

"Oh no!" EKHawkman exclaims.

"Oh no indeed. And Mr. Doggy, he's got nukes!" mrxak slams the rocket into Mr. Giraffe. He pops both and makes explosion sounds. He notices that kickme and JacaByte grab each other for comfort. mrxak nods. "It's very scary, I'm sure. But don't fear! Mr. Fishie can vote Mr. Doggy out so he can be brutally killed! Yay!"

The delegates look at each other nervously.

"But remember, Mr. Doggy is evil! Mr. Fishie is a hero! Yay!"

"Yay! Mispeled cheers. A few others join in.

"Yay!" mrxak cheers again. "And who knows, maybe even Mr. Fishie has special knowledge..."

"What kind of special knowledge?" LNSU asks.

"Shh! No questions about the secret other people!" mrxak snaps. He appears to calm down instantly. "Now, as I can see you all have a lot of things to discuss, like who to vote to be brutally killed. There are four evil Mr. Doggies out among you, and they're gonna blow up your Mr. Giraffes!"

Hypochondriac gasps.

"But fear not, my little friends, for you will figure things out quite well, I'm sure. You'd better! Certainly! If you don't, my perfectly legitimate balloon animals for war orphans business won't survive!"

"No! Not the balloons!" LNSU and jrsh92 cry out together.

"Indeed, think of the poor war orphans! If all the kiddies die in a nuclear holocaust, they can't very well have balloon animals! Can they?!?" the question did not appear to be rhetoric, but it took a moment for the delegates to realize mrxak was actually asking. By then, he had gotten bored and moved on. "In any case, there is no doubt many of you have many things to discuss. I'll let you all go about your business, while I uh... do some uh... balloon animals... for orphans..."

mrxak wanders out of the room, seemingly lost in thought. The rest of the security council is left in hysteric confusion._

Play will be made up of an active phase and two inactive phases. All players will vote in the active phase, and special roles will have an opportunity to act in one of the two inactive phases. People killed by a vote-off will be killed at the start of the first inactive phase, and people killed by the terrorists will be killed at the start of the second inactive phase. Roles held by the dead will be revealed immediately following the second inactive phase, at the start of the new active round. As you might have guessed, the terrorists act in the first inactive phase, but other special roles may act in either round, as determined by what their task is.

All active phases will last 48 hours maximum. Each inactive phase will last 12 hours. One full round of the game will therefore last three days at the most. However, should more than 75% of the votes be entered early on in an active phase, the active phase will end no earlier than 6 hours later, depending on how quickly I notice, but they will end early. Should all required actions take place before either of the inactive phases is complete, I will then end the inactive phase early and begin the next phase.

It is therefore in the interests of both saving time and ensuring you are able to complete your actions (be they voting or a special role) as quickly as possible. There will be time for debate and discussion, but once a large majority of people have voted, it is time to vote yourself. If you are a special role and do not inform me of your action during your assigned inactive phase, you will have no action. Additionally, should you fail to vote, or vote any invalid votes (such as "abstain", "no lynch", or votes for people not in the living security council), instead a vote will be entered for yourself. After two rounds of voting for yourself, you will be removed from the game. Exceptions to instant removal may be made in the case of active phases ending more than 12 hours before scheduled, but you will still enter a vote for yourself.

Only bolded, valid votes will be counted, and the current vote tallies will be posted at random intervals during the active phase. It is your responsibility to correct any inaccuracies in these tallies, as each tally is considered official, and no posts prior to the tally post will be read again to make sure. If you wish to retract or change your vote, please edit your post and replace the ( b ) tags with ( spoiler ) tags, thereby allowing everyone to see your previous vote, but removing it from sight so it is not mistakenly counted.

If you are killed, you are allowed only one post. The post's content may contain farewells, vows of revenge, or descriptions of your favorite food. The post's content may not contain suggestions or game information, complaints about rules, or pleas of any sort. If you desire to discuss the game in a way that will not spoil it for others, you may make a new topic, but please realize that death in the game is a removal from play, and you are not allowed to try to influence the game any further. Violations will be deleted immediately.

Ties will result in no vote-off deaths, in effect, giving the terrorists a free kill. Ties are therefore not an optimal voting strategy for innocent players. Ties will not result in any round extensions, however ties will delay the 75% vote rule, and the full 48 hours will be used in the round unless the tie is broken first.

PMs are strongly discouraged. I have no way of enforcing this rule, but I do urge you to understand that the game is balanced for people not PMing each other, except where their role specifically requires it, such as with terrorists deciding on a kill in the inactive phase. When you play Mafia in real life, remember that you do not have a chance to discuss things privately during a game. If I learn of any violations, you may expect to lose your special role, be ejected from the game, or any other consequence I come up with. Discussion outside of this topic is allowed only on the #gtw channel on irc.ambrosia.net, in relative public. I ask that any such conversation does not reveal your own role. For example, saying that you are the Intelligence Agent and you just investigated the person you are talking to would be a violation. Telling the person that you believe they are innocent, and suggest they vote out somebody would not be a violation.

The game will end if all terrorists are eliminated, or all but the terrorists are eliminated. Should it occur by various means (for example, somebody doesn't vote in the last two rounds of the game and is eliminated) that none survive, the winning side will be determined by whoever remained standing most recently, the order of which is determined of course by the times at which people die at the beginning and end of each inactive phase. Should the motto of Defcon be the result of the game, whoever died last would be the winner.

If there are any unforeseen issues, I will make the final decision.

We have a large game this time, and I'm hoping it works well. There are no new roles in this game, and only one tweaked one, based in fact on another old role. I believe I followed the 10 GTW Commandments as carefully as I could, so this game will be about as you imagine it. As I am not revealing the nature of every role in the game prior to its appearance, there may be surprises. However, since I chose old roles, I believe you can "expect the expected" and find any such surprises to be reasonable.

_"Oh! I nearly forgot!" mrxak said as he returned to his podium. "I can't just leave you all here so unsupervised, can I?"

mrxak places a balloon animal on the podium, as if it was overlooking the delegates.

"I think we can all trust Mr. Fishie. He has inside information, after all!"

Again, mrxak wanders from the room._

With 20 of you, it'll take me a while to send out PMs. The round will not officially begin until 6 PM EST. That's about an hour and 35 minutes from now. Feel free to vote before then, of course. This active phase will just be an hour and 35 minutes longer than usual.

"Begin a diagnostic before things begin, we don't want a repeat of the last run."
"Yes doctor."
"Maintain higher than 90% tolerance. We don't have a lot more time here."
"Going to 90%"
"No, higher. Give us a margin. Yes, good. Keep it at that."

Yay! Balloon animals!

Okay, I just finished sending out the last PM. If I skipped you by accident, please let me know, all players should have received one.

For the record, this is Active Phase, Round One.

The no private messaging seems like a interesting Idea. Hope everyone honors it. Since you said it's balanced that way I assume the fishies get an investigation each

Spoiler

kickme

seems very excitable. He's up to something.

This post has been edited by prophile : 17 May 2008 - 04:36 AM

Do you have something against balloon animals? Think of all the war orphans that will be enjoying them!

Self defence vote: prophile

Oh NO MR. DOGGY MAKE THINGS GO BOOM! Sad face pancakes 😞 Wow this is going to be fun. I wish eevee was here so I could vote for him. It makes me laugh. I'm gonna wait till SIB does his random death wheel and follow that.

By the way, I totally assigned you all three-letter prefix codes. You have no idea what that means, and I probably won't actually use them, but I just felt like sharing.

@kickme, on May 16 2008, 05:05 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

Do you have something against balloon animals? Think of all the war orphans that will be enjoying them!

Self defence vote: prophile

Whats your stake in the balloon animal company? you war profiteer 🙂

@ekhawkman, on May 16 2008, 05:06 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

Oh NO MR. DOGGY MAKE THINGS GO BOOM! Sad face pancakes 😞 Wow this is going to be fun. I wish eevee was here so I could vote for him. It makes me laugh. I'm gonna wait till SIB does his random death wheel and follow that.

So your going to jump on a bandwagon type thing before it even exists? Nice. Not sure its smart but nice

Oh no, not the balloons!

Anyway, kickme has a phobia for inflatable animals. He shouldn't not be killed because of his disability, so my vote goes for

Spoiler

prophile.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 17 May 2008 - 11:49 AM

Well, in addition to the bandwagoning thing, EKHawkman's obsession with pancakes, especially pancakes with faces, is a clear indication of his evil intentions.

Spoiler

EKHawkman,

because any decent human being prefers waffles. "Sleepy" and "Unconfrontational" This, mrxak.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 16 May 2008 - 10:45 PM

@hypochondriac, on May 16 2008, 04:21 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

Whats your stake in the balloon animal company? you war profiteer 🙂

So your going to jump on a bandwagon type thing before it even exists? Nice. Not sure its smart but nice

I wouldn't you know call it a bandwagon cause no one has ever followed it before other than him and now me. I would pick a random thing but I don't know a fair way.

nfreader is lurking.

To try and slow the band wagon I vote kickme.

@ekhawkman, on May 16 2008, 05:38 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

I wouldn't you know call it a bandwagon cause no one has ever followed it before other than him and now me. I would pick a random thing but I don't know a fair way.

I was being annoying. I've decided to try and be annoying this round hence I will try to reply to every post in which I find a way to annoy the poster, I'm lousy at creative writing so don't expect much. You can always use random.org if you want a fair way of being random

@jacabyte, on May 16 2008, 05:34 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

Oh no, not the balloons!

Anyway, kickme has a phobia for inflatable animals. He shouldn't not be killed because of his disability, so my vote goes for prophile.

You sure you mean phobia I've never seen someone with a phobia be happy when exposured to the thing they have a phobia to. Maybe you meant fetish?

Spoiler

not the sexually one, get your mind out of the gutter

🙂

I was bitten by a balloon animal when I was a child. It was traumatic.

Could be worse. It could be a giant peach.

Hypochondriac , you seem to be hanging around and posting a lot without voting. This makes me think you are a terrorist who is going to jump on a bandwagon near the end of the round.

@ekhawkman, on May 17 2008, 10:15 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

Could be worse. It could be a giant peach.

That would require James.