Global Thermonuclear War Game 24

Who ever the terrorists are, they're pretty smart; they're killing people off the list of people whom we know to be innocent.

Why they didn't killed the IA while they still had a chance, I have no idea...

Well this throws me off quite a bit.

darth_vader -vouched for by Mispeled, and I know I'm innocent
egroeg -?
Eugene Chin - vouched for by Mispeled, and I'm extremely sure he is innocent
JacaByte - Vouched for my Mispeled
jrsh92 - ?
lemonyscapegoat -?
Mispeled - Claims he is the IA
prophile - ?
Rickton - Vouched for by Mispeled

Mispeled hasn't been killed yet which is beginning to cast some doubt, but then, neither was anyone on his list. I'm surprised and dismayed by RJC's innocence. On the other hand, since I'm pretty sure that prophile is innocent and I've been suspicious of egroeg for a while, and there are two terrorists left as far as I know, egroeg and jrsh92 seem the most likely candidates if we continue to assume that Mispeled is telling the truth.

Didn't we think that we had a 3/4 chance of getting either a serial killer or a terrorist if we followed Mispeled's (retracted) list of unconfirmed people? We voted for the most suspicious looking one by far and he was still innocent... I know I am innocent, so at this point I have realized that Mispeled was lying, because logically this means that at least 2/4 of us uninvestigated people are innocent. Why are you people listening to him despite evidence that his advice isn't helping?

This post has been edited by jrsh92 : 28 May 2008 - 09:40 PM

Round Six Votes:
darth_vader - jrsh92
egroeg -
Eugene Chin - jrsh92
JacaByte -
jrsh92 - Mispeled
lemonyscapegoat -
Mispeled -
prophile -
Rickton -

I investigated Lemonyscapegoat, and he is innocent. So egroeg, jrsh92, and prophile remain. jrsh92 it is?

JacaByte said:

Who ever the terrorists are, they're pretty smart; they're killing people off the list of people whom we know to be innocent.

Manta was not someone we knew to be innocent. It's a last ditch effort for them to try to discredit me.

Let's look at it another way:
Mispeled claims to be the I.A.
The I.A. hasn't turned up dead yet.

No one else has claimed to be the I.A.

If Mispeled is lying, he is a terrorist.
If Mispeled is lying, why has the Real I.A. let Mispeled get away with this?

By calling Mispeled out last Round, he could have blown the cover of a third terrorist, either by convincing us to lynch Mispeled last Round, or by being lynched last round, and us killing Mispeled this round.

And yet I see no second claimant.

If Mispeled is lying, it is because the I.A. is letting him get away with it.

You, jrsh92, were the one who insisted on voting for JacaByte, when he had been vindicated by several angles of analysis, not just by Mispeled's declarations, but by helping us to Lynch Templar in a stunning upset.

I remember your behavior as an I.A. in Game 20: acting crazy, doing anything to make Hypochondriac look suspicious, even perjuring yourself, all of which ultimately backfired.

If You are the I.A. again, and this is your way of dealing with a false claimant, you deserve what's coming.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 28 May 2008 - 06:36 AM

As this is my after death post, at least my name was officially cleared.

I thought you were Innocent anyway.

(EDIT) So, wait.

Mispeled is the I.A.
Rickton is Innocent,
darth_vader is Innocent,
JacaByte is Innocent,
I (Eugene Chin) am Innocent,
lemonyscapegoat is Innocent,

prophile, egroeg and jrsh92 are uninvestigated.

Two of the uninvestigated are terrorists, and one is an assassin-type role.

I'm thinking jrsh92 is definitely a terrorist.

If the assassin (I'm thinking it's prophile) has another kill coming up soon, it's in everybody's best interests if he assassinates the other uninvestigated player (egroeg), and knock them out at the end of this Round, instead of making us all guess next round.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 28 May 2008 - 06:48 AM

I'll go with jrsh92. Two terrorists left, by my count, so egroeg, you're going down next.

This post has been edited by prophile : 28 May 2008 - 06:45 AM

Round Six Votes:
darth_vader - jrsh92
egroeg -
Eugene Chin - jrsh92
JacaByte -
jrsh92 - Mispeled
lemonyscapegoat -
Mispeled - jrsh92
prophile - jrsh92
Rickton -

A part of me feels sorry for missing the hot dogs.

I don't like this... I think

Spoiler

Mispeled

is lying to us; that's the only reason why the terrorists would still let him live. I also think he's lying to us because all the people he investigated and knew to be innocent were still alive. I remember that, in the games where I was the IA, 9 times out of 10 at least one person I investigated was either lynched or nightkilled during the course of the game.

Mispeled gave us a list of four people whom he knew to be innocent. Coincidently, all those people were still alive and it was also round 5 when he gave us this list. He hadn't gotten an investigation yet for round 5, so this makes sense. But the fact that all the people he listed were still in the running makes me wonder if that list was made on the spot.

The only person I truly know to be innocent at this point is myself; I don't believe that Mispeled's list is credible.

Edit: I do think that jrsh92's plead for innocence is a bit desperate, and voting for Mispeled is not the smartest thing to do if he is truly the IA, but jrsh92 has been known to do stuff like that in the past and paint himself as a terrorist. It looks as if he'll die this round anyway, but if he's innocent, then the next person we go after should be Mispeled.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 29 May 2008 - 10:07 AM

Mispeled might be lying, but then there's the issue of the real IA. As Eugene Chin said, it would have been easy for that person to also reveal and end the deception in no more than two rounds.

If Mispeled is telling the truth, then the traitors have made an extremely half-baked play to discredit him.
Keeping Mispeled alive only instills significant doubt if someone else claims to be the I.A.
However, such a ploy would almost certainly reveal the identity of one of the two remaining traitors.
By not killing him, the terrorists risk Mispeled positively identifying them, or narrowing the pool of suspects to such a degree as to be inescapable.

If Mispeled is lying, then the Real I.A. is incompetent for letting him get away with it for this long.
Only a traitor would have reason to lie about being the I.A.
As there are only two traitors left, the Real I.A. should have stepped forward to defrock Mispeled by now.
It is possible that the Real I.A., in this case, is trying to positively ID the last terrorist before coming forward; but delaying an announcement and allowing a traitor to run the council risks the whole game.
If the Real I.A.'s dies before coming forward, we lose any knowledge he might have had; then we're back to square-one, at least as far as the percentage of players under consideration.
So it only makes sense, if Mispeled is lying, for the Real I.A. to reveal himself, and Soon.

In all, I'm actually Surprised that no one else has tried to come forward claiming to be the I.A., either false or real.
In either case, it indicates that someone hasn't thought their plans out as well as they could have.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 28 May 2008 - 12:55 PM

I did come up with one possible "loophole" that mrxak may have put in my role. The way it works is that I'll be told if the person I investigate is a terrorist or not. The assassin might not be included in that, so I might get an innocent result on the assassin.

And really, I don't think the terrorists would have had much (if any) chance of winning if they'd killed me and then picked off the people that I investigated. Their best move was to try to discredit me, I think.

Back.
Wow, things have moved fast. All the people I'd thought of as guilty turn out to be innocent, at least if Mispeled is telling the truth.

JacaByte, as for why they'd leave him alive, it's too instill doubt. If they killed him instantly it'd be game over for them because that would remove all doubt that he's the IA and remove all doubt that the 4 of us he talked about are innocent.
(Though I am surprised that none of the 4 were killed).

My gut feeling is sort of leaning towards prophile , though I can see jrsh92 being a terrorist as well. I do think he's been a bit outspoken and aggressive for a terrorist but some of that's just his personality.

This post has been edited by Rickton : 28 May 2008 - 06:57 PM

I'm going to vote for Prophile , as he was quick to divert attention from himself by voting for Jrsh92. I agree with Rickton on this one too, there's a gut feeling about Prophile and it isn't good.

I'm going to go for prophile because I know someone other than me is a terrorist... and if Mispeled isn't going to die this round, I guess the next candidate for being a terrorist is prophile. Prophile dying might keep me alive, too.

@jrsh92, on May 28 2008, 10:40 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

I'm going to go for prophile because I know someone other than me is a terrorist... and if Mispeled isn't going to die this round, I guess the next candidate for being a terrorist is prophile. Prophile dying might keep me alive, too.

The only thing that could keep you alive is if a second player suddenly claims to be the I.A.
The only player who hasn't checked in yet is egroeg, and I believe him to be the final traitor.

The difference in temperaments between yourself and RJC Ultra is telling. RJC agreed with the analysis so much, he was willing to let himself be voted off if it allowed us to turn our attentions against the other unknowns more quickly.

You only want to stay alive.

mrxak has told us about two special-roles who have died:
Mackilroy, as the Totally Paranoid,
Hypochondriac, as the Mad Scientist.

Everyone else has either been an Ordinary Delegate, or a Traitor.
So the I.A. is still alive.

If Mispeled is lying to us, then the Real I.A. is still out there, yes?
If Mispeled is lying to us, why would the Real I.A. remain silent?

If Mispeled is telling us the truth, two of the three { prophile, egroeg, jrsh92 } are terrorists, and the third is a "mayhem"-role.

And egroeg has yet to vote, or to respond to last Round.

If egroeg is the second traitor, (As I suspect), the current tally would give him the ability to stall the vote one more Round, stop any role-revealing deaths for one more Round, and keep us all that tiniest bit uncertain about Mispeled one more Round.

If egroeg votes prophile to tie, I will switch my vote to rebuke.

While I hope that somebody switches to jrsh92, any of the three dying will tell us if Mispeled is telling us the truth, and absolutely identify the remaining traitors.

Now, more than at any point previous, we cannot afford a tie.

jrsh92: (4)
Eugene Chin
darth_vader
Mispeled
prophile

prophile: (3)
Rickton
lemonyscapegoat
jrsh92

Mispeled: (1)
JacaByte

No Vote: (1)
egroeg - (Missed Last Round)

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 29 May 2008 - 12:27 AM

@eugene-chin, on May 28 2008, 11:56 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

mrxak has told us about two special-roles who have died:
Mackilroy, as the Totally Paranoid,
Hypochondriac, as the Mad Scientist.

Everyone else has either been an Ordinary Delegate, or a Traitor.
So the I.A. is still alive.

Although I used a role called Intelligence Agent in an example of what one should not do (PMing people), I never indicated that one of the roles in this game is an intelligence agent. While it may be a reasonable assumption, it is still only an assumption, and one of several people have made about the roles in the game.

This round will end in approximately 18 hours, if I've done the math right.

Round Six Votes:
darth_vader - jrsh92
egroeg -
Eugene Chin - jrsh92
JacaByte - Mispeled
jrsh92 - prophile
lemonyscapegoat - prophile
Mispeled - jrsh92
prophile - jrsh92
Rickton - prophile