Global Thermonuclear War Game 24

But, in that same post he said that I was on +3 terrorist points for being desperate and prophile was on +4 terrorist points for his relationship with kickme.

In any case, I'll join Manta with a vote for

Spoiler

Darth Vader

. But he has done some irregular things. For example, in the first two rounds the person he voted for was killed by a third party. Perhaps that was only a coincidence...

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 26 May 2008 - 12:38 PM

I told you I was innocent. 😛

xander

Yeah, sorry about that...
To be honest I wasn't exactly sure you were a terrorist. It was more your style of play that was screaming "must die!" at me than it was screaming "terrorist!"
However, I never expected you to get nightkilled. If anything, I'd think that the terrorists would want you in the game, as I said your accusations seemed really counterproductive to the innocents, hence my desire to get rid of you. If I was a terrorist, I'd love having you in the game-- unless they saw some usefulness that I was missing (intentionally?) in darwinian.

Dammit, Templar being a terrorist and defending me really doesn't work out for me...

All I can give you is this: Instead of sticking to my vote for JacaByte for so long, I could have switched over to darwinian at any time when there was a tie, thus pushing the vote against him. If I were a terrorist, I would gladly have done this. It seems I was mistaken about JacaByte, unless the terrorists took a huge gamble to throw off suspicion by killing one of their own which I highly doubt they did. Secondly, would Templar really be so obvious as to mention the name of one of his compatriots in a prominent position in that post? He must have known that if he died and were found out that post would come under instant scrutiny. I would guess that any terrorists named in that post are in the category of +2, which has by far the most names and also the vaguest reasons.

Eugene Chin,lemonyscapegoat, Manta, Mispeled, RJC Ultra and Rickton are on +2 Terrorist points. This is for various reasons, such as a lack of posting or content-less posts.

Of those, I think Eugene and Rickton are probably innocent. Lemony and Mispeled I'm not sure about. RJC seems to be lurking a fair bit and Manta was the first to jump on me, although this doesn't immediately implicate him since there was at least some evidence, despite the fact that I'm now doing my best to disprove it. I'll wait to vote until more people have gone.

Eh, by mrxak's rules I'm supposed to be dead now. I missed last round due to an unexpected trip up to my camp the last couple of days. So, yeah . . . I'd point out my total inattentiveness to this game as me being not a terrorist, but it really doesn't matter at this point I suppose.

I'm the spy. As far as I know, it's just an ordinary IA role. I've gotten all innocent results on these people, in this order:

Rickton, darth_vader, JacaByte, Eugene Chin

These are my reasons for claiming now:
- I'm worried that I'm going to be nightkilled before long, and you guys would not get any of the information I've gotten so far
- Last round JacaByte almost got voted off. This round, you guys are already going for darth_vader.

So, that leaves the following people as possible mafia:

egroeg
jrsh92
lemonyscapegoat
Manta
prophile
RJC Ultra

I really don't think we should discount Prophile because the first thing he did was vote for kickme (who turned up to be mafia).

Incidentally, Eugene, I didn't notice mrxak's secret messages until you pointed them out. I did notice the "desudesudesudesudesu" in one of your posts though. 😛 mrxak's post here is also of interest.

I'm going to choose to agree with Mispeled, because he has no real reason to lie.

Now, it's been mentioned previously that darwinian should have stayed in the game, and it didn't make much sense for the terrorists to nightkill him, so I'm going to make a wild guess that he was onto someone last round. He changed his mind a few times but the name that jumps out at me is Manta , because Manta is not on Mispeled's list and is still alive.

And is trying to scapegoat me and darth_vader.

I'm not a terrorist. I know that I've been a little bit inactive, but then I'm always a little bit inactive.

This post has been edited by prophile : 26 May 2008 - 12:06 PM

What do you mean Manta's not on Mispeled's list? Read it again; he's the fourth name on the list of people he hasn't investigated.

At the moment, I'm a bit suspicious of Mispeled. I'm beginning to think that he's a terrorist trying to trick us into some more confusion, since it's pretty dumb of the IA to reveal his identity when he doesn't know who the terrorist are for sure. If I were the IA, I would have PMed a list of all the people I knew to be innocent to one of the people who I had investigated. If I knew who the remaining terrorists were, or could deduce who they were, then I would have posted the information myself.

For the moment, since Darth Vader's innocence is more or less up in the air by this development, I'm going to retract my vote until a better candidate for terrorist comes up.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 26 May 2008 - 12:38 PM

@templar98921, on May 25 2008, 04:06 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

darth_vader is on -1 Terrorist points. Nothing he has done has made me suspicious. He also voted for kickme, which takes him down from -3.
Xander, jrsh92 are on +1 Terrorist points. You have been quite aggressive, but have provided not unreasonable reasons.
Eugene Chin,lemonyscapegoat, Manta, Mispeled, RJC Ultra and Rickton are on +2 Terrorist points. This is for various reasons, such as a lack of posting or content-less posts.
Jacabyte is on +3 Terrorist points. This is because he is acting desperate.
egroeg and prophile are on +4 Terrorist points. In egroeg's case it is because he seems to be lurking a lot, and votes on little explained reason. In prophile's case it is because his relationship with kickme, shared only with the now deceased nfreader. This makes him suspicious as the vote could be an early case of armoring themselves.

@manta, on May 26 2008, 10:50 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

This post of Templar's makes me think that he was trying to shelter darth_vader some. Furthermore, darth seems to have been doing quite a job of hiding fairly well under the radar and never really sticking his neck out. This makes me think that darth is the second terrorist.

Lastly both Templar and darth seemed to think that prophile as innocent in previous rounds and thus I suggest he is the third terrorist.

Be careful this reasoning, Manta. JacaByte used a similar ploy that fouled me up in Game 19.

I think prophile is Innocent, in part because of the sniping that went on between him and kickme in Round 1, and in part because of Templar's vote in Round 4.

Further, darth is correct in that he could have shifted the balance away from Templar and didn't.

@jacabyte, on May 26 2008, 11:13 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

But, in that same post he said that I was on +3 terrorist points for being desperate and prophile was on +4 terrorist points for his relationship with kickme.

In any case, I'll join Manta with a vote for Darth Vader. But he has done some irregular things. For example, in the first two rounds the person he voted for was killed by a third party. Perhaps that was only a coincidence...

Tally: End of Round 1
Tally: End of Round 2
Tally: End of Round 3
Tally: End of Round 4

prophile was being sniped at by kickme in Round 1, and by Templar in Round 4.
All the sniping going on between prophile and kickme/Templar makes me think he is Innocent.

Manta drew Templar's attention in Round 2, and was involved in Lynching Templar in Round 4.
Again, this makes me believe Manta is Innocent.

Looking over the tallies, I get the feeling that the terrorists are avoiding all piling onto the same targets.
Add into this Templar's placing Mispeled into the +2TerrorPoint category, possibly as a set up for a future Lynching, makes me think him Innocent.

Pertaining to those who Lynched Templar:
JacaByte very easily could have made a mess of the Round, if he had continued against darwinian. He did not, and we nailed a terrorist because of it.

Manta could have lain silent, and let mrxak ignore his vote, or even changed his vote. Instead, he spoke up to make sure he was counted against Templar.

Obvi

Dumping post now, events are moving quickly

(EDITx1)

@jacabyte, on May 26 2008, 01:37 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

If I were the IA, I would have PMed a list of all the people I knew to be innocent to one of the people who I had investigated. If I knew who the remaining terrorists were, or could deduce who they were, then I would have posted the information myself.

Remember please that mrxak has asked that there be no PM's this game.

(EDITx2)I believe these players to be Innocent:
JacaByte
Eugene Chin
Manta
Mispeled
prophile

This leaves me with the following players:
darth_vader
Rickton
RJC Ultra
jrsh92
egroeg
lemonyscapegoat (?)

If Mispeled is to be believed, then darth_vader and Rickton can be removed from consideration, and the list looks like:
RJC Ultra
jrsh92
egroeg
lemonyscapegoat (?)

Since lemony has now reminded us that he's missed two votes, he might be removed when mrxak next checks back in. Thus:
RJC Ultra
jrsh92
egroeg

This game started with four terrorists and a serial-killer.
Two terrorists are gone.
One Takedown and one Necromancer have been Night-Killed.

The Intelligence Agent is unaccounted for.
Two terrorists are unaccounted for.
One serial-killer is unaccounted for.

If Mispeled's information is correct, then my attentions turn to RJC Ultra, jrsh92 and egroeg.

(EDITx3) My older brother points out that, in addition to the possibilities that Mispeled is the Real I.A., or that Mispeled is a terrorist, Mispeled may be playing a "Spartacus" gambit.

Of how to tell the three apart, I'm not yet sure.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 26 May 2008 - 01:49 PM

I think that's a good analysis, Eugene. Both RJC and egroeg have been lurking. Jrsh92 stuck to darwinian last round who is a confirmed innocent. I'm not sure if we can assume that JacaByte is innocent, but if he is and jrsh92 is a terrorist I see no reason why he wouldn't have switched over to Jacabyte when things were tied up at the end of last round. It would have looked a bit suspicious, but we all know how much mrxak hates ties so there is always the tiebreaking excuse for that kind of behavior. If I had been in the same position as a terrorist I would have taken that risk to save Templar (just as I would have switched from Jaca to xander if I were a terrorist). I didn't switch last round and neither did jrsh92, so that suggests to me that he is innocent. If that and all the other info is correct then RJC and egroeg are highly likely to be terrorists. If the last two traitors are Manta and Eugene we're all completely ######ed, but I think that seems pretty much impossible at this point. RJC voted for Jacabyte and then apologized, along with stating that Manta and Eugene are probably innocent. I see this as a terrorist trying to blend in and not really indicative of any other clues. egroeg was simply gone last round, so I think even if he is a terrorist there will be less benefit to taking him out. Templar also listed him as "+4 terrorist points" on his list. I think it somewhat unlikely that a known terrorist would set up another terrorist for a lynching like that. The point of Templar's list seemed to be to go after prophile with, so he is probably also innocent. Meanwhile, RJC did nothing last round but jump on the JacaByte bandwagon. I'm somewhat surprised that he didn't switch to darwinian during the tie near the end, but he also didn't make any more posts that round so could simply have been gone, or trying to fly under the radar. He seems the most suspicious to me.

RJC Ultra.

Well, while we know you were present and watching as the landslide against Templar took place, please remember that the bulk of it happened in the space of just four hours, and at the very end of the round. Several people would not have had a chance to respond before it went down.

(EDIT) Additionally, jrsh92 had spoken a lot about breaking ties in the past. For him to spring forth and cause a tie, even if he was a terrorist saving a fellow terrorist, would have put himself in the limelight for his sudden shift in opinions, and likely increased the scrutiny Templar was under.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 26 May 2008 - 02:39 PM

@jacabyte, on May 26 2008, 01:37 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

What do you mean Manta's not on Mispeled's list? Read it again; he's the fourth name on the list of people he hasn't investigated.

Read it again; that was the list of people that are possible mafia. The first list is the people that I investigated.

since it's pretty dumb of the IA to reveal his identity when he doesn't know who the terrorist are for sure.

Hardly. The fact that we can narrow our choices for the rest of the game down to six possible people seems very much more helpful than letting myself get nightkilled and going back to having 10 possible choices.

If I were the IA, I would have PMed a list of all the people I knew to be innocent to one of the people who I had investigated.

Except I'm not that interested in breaking rules, as others have mentioned.

I'm agreeing with darth_vader that RJC Ultra seems the most likely mafia at this point.

I'd like to point out that I didn't go against darwinian because he was an innocent, indeed I had no way of knowing if he was an innocent or a terrorist. Will you go against everyone else who voted darwinian, in all the rounds of the game? The thing is, votes for and suspicions of innocents happen. Innocents can't know that someone else is an innocent-- if the only people who ever voted for innocent players were terrorists, this game would have been over a long time ago.

I really don't think jrsh92 is guilty. I'm also choosing to trust Mispeled. All the people on his list were those I already thought (or knew, in the case of myself, of course) innocent except for JacaByte, but Templar's reveal seems to have exonerated him.

Well, it seems that the IA has appeared in public to prove my reasoning false. Assuming Mispeled is the IA, there is a high probability that RJC Ultra is a terrorist.

@lemonyscapegoat, on May 26 2008, 11:51 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

Eh, by mrxak's rules I'm supposed to be dead now. I missed last round due to an unexpected trip up to my camp the last couple of days. So, yeah . . . I'd point out my total inattentiveness to this game as me being not a terrorist, but it really doesn't matter at this point I suppose.

If it was unclear, sorry. You're only going to get the boot if you don't vote two rounds in a row.

Round Five Votes:
darth_vader - RJC Ultra
egroeg -
Eugene Chin -
JacaByte -
jrsh92 -
lemonyscapegoat -
Manta - RJC Ultra
Mispeled - RJC Ultra
prophile - Manta
Rickton -
RJC Ultra -

Or, in easier-to-read format:

RJC Ultra: (3)
darth_vader
Mispeled
Manta

Manta: (1)
prophile

No Vote: (7)
egroeg
lemonyscapegoat
Eugene Chin
JacaByte
jrsh92
Rickton
RJC Ultra

Ah, well in that case . . .

I'm going to vote RJC Ultra , as he seems the one most under suspicion at this point, I may or may not change this once I read this over further and get my bearings on the situation a little better.

Well, since RJC Ultra is the only one whom we don't know the role of from the Darwinian conspiracy I put forward in Round 3, and since it looks like he's one of 3 (one of 5 including Eugene and Mispeled, in the unlikely event that they're terrorists.) who are likely to be terrorists, my vote goes to RJC Ultra.

Round Five Votes:
darth_vader - RJC Ultra
egroeg -
Eugene Chin -
JacaByte - RJC Ultra
jrsh92 -
lemonyscapegoat - RJC Ultra
Manta - RJC Ultra
Mispeled - RJC Ultra
prophile - Manta
Rickton -
RJC Ultra -