Global Thermonuclear War Game 24

My plan is to lure terrorists into a false sense of security and then have the council utterly annihilate them. They will be thinking of me as a good shield. In fact they probably are using me as a shield right now.

@mispeled, on May 20 2008, 03:42 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

I'm also really not liking Rickton and Egroeg's bandwagon votes.

I really don't understand what you guys define as a bandwagon. Manta was the one with the most votes when I voted, and I gave my reasons for voting for Hawkman. And they're my own reasons, not a simple repetition of the reason everyone else is voting for him, so again I fail to see how this is "bandwagoning."
Apparently the only way to not bandwagon is to not vote for someone that anyone's voted for yet, though apparently that's suspicious too for different reasons!

Kickme was the most recent one to jump on the nfreader bandwagon. I don't like it.

Mr. Fishie pops.

Round Two Votes:
darth_vader - kickme
darwinian - EKHawkman
egroeg - EKHawkman
EKHawkman - Manta
Eugene Chin -
Hypochondriac - Manta
JacaByte - lemonyscapegoat
jrsh92 - nfreader
kickme - nfreader
lemonyscapegoat -
LNSU - jrsh92
Manta - EKHawkman
Mispeled - nfreader
nfreader -
prophile - LNSU
Rickton - EKHawkman
RJC Ultra - nfreader
Templar98921 - Manta

Good, only three more votes to go. I'm about to head out, but when I get back before/around midnight, it'll be time to end the active phase. Already got some PMs from special roles, that's good.

"Was that wise, doctor?"
"We have to stress him."
"Surely there's another way."
"If we force him into a higher emotional state, we may finally get what we need."
"Yes doctor."

if i'm read the votes correct there is a the between ekhawkman and nfreader. either one of them can break the tie by voting for the other

I'm going to wait and see how this plays out and then change may change my vote. Its not just up to me tho.

Or, a third party who hasn't voted yet could break the tie.
DesuDesuDesuDesuDesu
Well, since EKHawkman was killed in the first round of last game, and since nfreader hasn't so much as popped his head in to defend himself this round (Or, y'know, At All ), further since a tie would be unhelpful:
DesuDesuDesuDesuDesu
nfreader

We're basically waiting on lemonyscapegoat, and nick himself.
(EDIT) Now color-coded for my convenience.
DesuDesuDesuDesuDesu
nfreader: (5)
jrsh92
RJC Ultra
Mispeled
kickme
Eugene Chin
nfreader

EKHawkman: (4)
darwinian
Manta
Rickton
egroeg
DesuDesuDesuDesuDesu
Manta: (3)
Hypochondriac
EKHawkman
Templar98921

LNSU: (1)
prophile
DesuDesuDesuDesuDesu
jrsh92: (1)
LNSU

lemonyscapegoat: (1)
JacaByte
DesuDesuDesuDesuDesu
kickme: (1) Assassinated
darth_vader

No Vote: (1)
lemonyscapegoat

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 26 May 2008 - 03:02 PM

@rickton, on May 20 2008, 05:14 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

I really don't understand what you guys define as a bandwagon. Manta was the one with the most votes when I voted, and I gave my reasons for voting for Hawkman. And they're my own reasons, not a simple repetition of the reason everyone else is voting for him, so again I fail to see how this is "bandwagoning."
Apparently the only way to not bandwagon is to not vote for someone that anyone's voted for yet, though apparently that's suspicious too for different reasons!

Bandwagoning isn't inherently suspicious, but the way you're jumping on someone who's already got a lot of votes so noncommittally ("I really have no idea who is innocent or guilty") is disconcerting.
Anything in particular you're trying to say? 😛

Hm. and as much as I hate nfreader's lurking, I'd hate to see someone go under just for that. does anyone know if he's just lurking or if he's just got time issues?

OOC: He mentioned he might be getting arrested. I'm not joking.

I'm pretty sure it's not time issues, I see him on Skype all the time and apparently he's read the topic.

And I said that even though I don't know who's guilty, if EK is innocent I think it would hurt us least to lose him. Is that not a good reason?
It makes more sense to me than voting for someone like mrxak (I do realize he's not playing, but I'm naming him in fact because he's not in the game so I don't cause any biases in anyone else towards the players I would have named, but you know what I'm trying to say), who if he's innocent will be extremely useful?

@prophile, on May 20 2008, 09:25 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

OOC: He mentioned he might be getting arrested. I'm not joking.

Yeah but then later he said nevermind that was no big deal.

This post has been edited by Rickton : 20 May 2008 - 08:33 PM

Okay, I am back a little early. I'll still give this until midnight.

"Come on nfreader , we all know how this is going to end. Just come peacefully!"
"You'll never take me alive! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
"You heard him boys. Fire at will."

Round Two Votes:
darth_vader - kickme
darwinian - EKHawkman
egroeg - EKHawkman
EKHawkman - Manta
Eugene Chin - nfreader
Hypochondriac - Manta
jrsh92 - nfreader
kickme - nfreader
lemonyscapegoat -
LNSU - jrsh92
Manta - EKHawkman
Mispeled - nfreader
nfreader - nfreader
prophile - LNSU
Rickton - EKHawkman
RJC Ultra - nfreader
Templar98921 - Manta

I am just going to state, for the record, that I think that voting off nfreader at this point is a waste of a round. I can understand why people are voting for him (he is lurking), but I don't think that is reason enough to get rid of him, especially considering that he seems to have real life issues going on. I think that those of you voting against him are being manipulated into voting for an obvious and easy target.

Anyway, just my two cents.

xander

Oops, I need to stop getting distracted, heh.

Long story short...

Round Two Votes:
darth_vader - kickme
darwinian - EKHawkman
egroeg - EKHawkman
EKHawkman - Manta
Eugene Chin - nfreader
Hypochondriac - Manta
jrsh92 - nfreader
kickme - nfreader
lemonyscapegoat - lemonyscapegoat
LNSU - jrsh92
Manta - EKHawkman
Mispeled - nfreader
nfreader - nfreader
prophile - LNSU
Rickton - EKHawkman
RJC Ultra - nfreader
Templar98921 - Manta

kickme - 1
EKHawkman - 4
Manta - 3
lemonyscapegoat - 2
nfreader - 6
jrsh92 - 1
LNSU - 1

nfreader dies.
Hypochondriac dies.
kickme dies.

This is inactive phase two, those who need to PM me in that round, you have 12 hours.

Edit:
Long story long...

_"So, we have finally reached a decision, excellent!" mrxak appears out of nowhere behind the podium. "And what's this?!? MURDER! BLOODY MURDER!"

"What? What's wrong?" nfreader asks.

"Somebody murdered Mr. Fishie!" mrxak screams.

"I uh, I think nfreader did it..." kickme suggests.

"No! No it wasn't me!" nfreader cries out. "He popped on his own!"

"Guards! Take him away! nfreader killed Mr. Fishie!" mrxak screams, tears running down his face.

"Uh, also he has the most votes against him," Hypochondriac says.

"Oh yeah? Well that's cool," mrxak seems calm again once nfreader is gone. "I guess he'll be horribly killed, eh?"

"Yes," kickme laughs evilly.

"Yay!" mrxak cheers, and others join in. "Okay, well, go have your snacks then. No pushing now."

When the delegates return one by one, they see that mrxak has made a balloon elephant. The first one to return is Hypochondriac, as he was fastest at running to the single vending machine. Hypochondriac sits down, and hears a small click. He looks down at his chair, then stands up again to get a better look, and is consumed in an explosion. Apparently a mine had been placed under one of the legs of the chair, and when enough pressure was put on it when he sat down, it armed. When he stood back up, the pressure was released and the explosive went off.

"Oh my!" mrxak says, looking suspiciously at the delegates. "Who did that? Nobody wants to fess up?"

All the delegates shake their heads slowly as they come back to their own seats, looking carefully before sitting down.

"I guess we'll have to clean up this mess, Mr. Elephant, call the janitors would you?" mrxak asks his new balloon animal.

Strangely enough, though no obvious sign was given, a team of janitors come in a few minutes later and begin to clean up the Hypochondriac matter all over the room. Even stranger, one of the janitors comes up to kickme and stabs him in the back of the chest, right through the heart. He then takes a pose with his head down and hands clasped, and blends into a group of monks that just happen to be passing through. The guards are unable to find the assassin, and soon give up.

"Well, things are certainly very confusing around here, but exciting!" mrxak exclaims. "Let's get on with the voting, folks."_

"Subjects HYP106, CIA115, and KME109 have been eliminated from the program doctor."
"Good, continue monitoring their synaptic relays and run the debrief program."
"Yes doctor."
"Hopefully they know more now than we got out of MAK112 and SIB119. If not, we'll restart them in a new simulation soon."

Kind of suspected this. Lousy terrorists couldn't you have waited a few more days to kill me. I just died, no bombs, poisons, or knife through the skull 😞

This post has been edited by Hypochondriac : 21 May 2008 - 09:02 AM

@darwinian, on May 21 2008, 02:00 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

especially considering that he seems to have real life issues going on.

Those issues have been resolved. There's not really any excuse for me to not be here. Oh wait, I'm dead. Oh well. 😄

Its quiet......... Too quiet. :lights bottle rockets and shoots them at people: YAYYYYYYYY

This is round three, active phase. Get voting.

nfreader was an ordinary delegate. Hypochondriac was a mad scientist. kickme was a terrorist, and was responsible for Hypochondriac's death.

Sorry for the lack of flavor text, I'm just trying to get the relevant info to you all on time. I will try to go back and edit things to make it more exciting. There's still Mr. Fishie's unresolved popping, and stuff about snacktime.

Round Three Votes:
darth_vader -
darwinian -
egroeg -
EKHawkman -
Eugene Chin -
JacaByte -
jrsh92 -
lemonyscapegoat -
LNSU -
Manta -
Mispeled -
prophile -
Rickton -
RJC Ultra -
Templar98921 -

What do you mean by mad scientist? and are we allowed to know who (or what) killed kickme?