I'm well into developing a TC....

@shlimazel, on Aug 31 2007, 02:44 PM, said in I'm well into developing a TC....:

Time for today's update! I've done a lot of stuff today, including adding shipyard pictures, explosionas, asteroids, and A NEW INTERFACE!! Here's a screenshot showing off the new interface...

Attachment Picture_2.jpg

and here's a screenshot showing off the new shipyard pics!

Attachment Picture_6.jpg

รœberness. I still think I should do the interface though...

I like the retro look.

I like what you're doing for the SY buy pics; the gradient makes them still seem Nova-esque even though the ships themselves are unique to the universe.

I like the button font. What font is it?

I like the button font. What font is it?

It's the one of the serpentine fonts available on this page. I love babylon 5 and that font is a favorite of mine.

Click Here For Stuff!!!

I like what you're doing for the SY buy pics; the gradient makes them still seem Nova-esque even though the ships themselves are unique to the universe.

Thanks! It's easy to make gradients in The GIMP. I just made one and set it as a background for the camera.

รœberness. I still think I should do the interface though...

I like the retro look.

Well, that's just my first attempt. I'll keep trying to make it better, but if I can't get it to work O-K it'll be-

COSMIC NUISANCE, YOURRRRRRRRR UP!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

So keep your interfacing skills sharpened. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰

@shlimazel, on Sep 1 2007, 08:23 PM, said in I'm well into developing a TC....:

It's the one of the serpentine fonts available on this page. I love babylon 5 and that font is a favorite of mine.

Click Here For Stuff!!!
Thanks! It's easy to make gradients in The GIMP. I just made one and set it as a background for the camera.
Well, that's just my first attempt. I'll keep trying to make it better, but if I can't get it to work O-K it'll be-

COSMIC NUISANCE, YOURRRRRRRRR UP!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

So keep your interfacing skills sharpened. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰

Does that mean I have official permission?
BTW, you'll have to include the font with your TC or else it'll just revert to the original font. Just FYI.

And Windows users can't use different fonts anyways. <_<

Does that mean I have official permission?

Okay, sure. If you want to make it THAT bad, go ahead. I was kind of aiming for a 'control panel' kind of look with mine, so if you could do something along those lines that would rock. I guess I have got a lot of other stuff that I need to get done, anyway.

BTW, you'll have to include the font with your TC or else it'll just revert to the original font. Just FYI.

And Windows users can't use different fonts anyways.

Hunh. Really? Well, I guess I'll just need to find a standard font for the windows users, and package the font for the mac version. What fonts are 'standard' for windows users?

Okay, here's yesterday's progress report. I wrote ship descriptions for all six current ships, and added nova-esqe target graphics and brand new shield glows. I also did some minor rewiring of the govts. I'll get around to posting screenshots eventually.

Another thing is that after much thought, I've more or less decided to abandon the 'buy parts to make ship' scheme. I was going to keep it, but it is just getting too complicated for right now and I'm going to use a polycon-esqe system instead. That way, you still can buy engines and reactors and stuff but it is more compatible with the way nova works by default.

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 02 September 2007 - 10:02 AM

Here's a must-see pic! A Pirate fleet going head to head with a Merchant Marine fleet!

Okay, time for today's update! I added hire descriptions and version subtitles, tweaked the stats and prices for the ships to address some complaints the debuglog was making, and made the first outfit pic!

Macrotitanium Polycarbonate, an armor upgrade. I used the same technique that ATMOS used and Cosmic Nuisance is using for the picture. I'm going to finish the rest of the outfit stuff tomorrow. The TC is very enjoyable even now, when most of the stuff isn't done. I'm very happy with it so far-pretty soon I'll start preparing a teaser release.

Oooh. Dat is รœber with a capital U!

@shlimazel, on Sep 2 2007, 09:58 AM, said in I'm well into developing a TC....:

Hunh. Really? Well, I guess I'll just need to find a standard font for the windows users, and package the font for the mac version. What fonts are 'standard' for windows users?

That won't work either. Windows are stuck with the default font for Nova, just like they are for their resolution.

Oooh. Dat is รœber with a capital U!

Thanks! I'm not sure whether you are referring to the up-and-coming teaser release or the graphic or the screenshot-hopefully all three ๐Ÿ˜‰

That won't work either. Windows are stuck with the default font for Nova, just like they are for their resolution.

Well, that's fine. I'll just separate the Mac and Windows plugin files and use the standard font for the windows file. Thanks for clearing that up!

@shlimazel, on Sep 3 2007, 09:46 AM, said in I'm well into developing a TC....:

Well, that's fine. I'll just separate the Mac and Windows plugin files and use the standard font for the windows file. Thanks for clearing that up!

No problem, though you wouldn't have to make any changes, as win EVN will automatically default to it's... um... default font regardless of what font you've specified. So the only real reason to have seperate versions is so Windows users don't have to convert it themselves.

So the only real reason to have seperate versions is so Windows users don't have to convert it themselves.

That's the other reason that I wanted two separate plugin files. That way I don't have hoards of new nova players who don't know how to convert plugins going

D00d, yur plgin sux, it dunt work andyu suk 2.

๐Ÿ˜‰

But, seriously, it would be a good thing to just provide the preconverted windows version. It makes me look smart.

By the way, Cosmic Nuisance- are you going to do the interface graphic? I'm not trying to push you, I just need to know if you still want to do it. If not, that's fine-I'll just keep on working to produce a better one of my own.

@shlimazel, on Sep 3 2007, 11:53 AM, said in I'm well into developing a TC....:

By the way, Cosmic Nuisance- are you going to do the interface graphic? I'm not trying to push you, I just need to know if you still want to do it. If not, that's fine-I'll just keep on working to produce a better one of my own.

Yes, yes and YES! I haven't had much time yet, but I should have it done pretty soon now that my plug is off to beta.

Okay, thanks!!

Okay, time for today's update! I completed the outfit pictures, added a bounty hunting mission (still needs some cleaning up and detailing) added a function which introduces next generation updates of familiar ships after X amount of time passes (thanks Cosmic Nuisance!), and rebalanced the ships a tad. I'll post outfitter screenshots tomorrow. I intend to tackle outfit and next-gen ship descs tomorrow, as well as make a start on crafting the rest of the current solar system.

Okay, here's a screenshot of the outfitter screen. A few more outfits are yet to be added, such as asteroid scoops and more weapons. I redid the graphic for the selected outfit because the one I made yesterday was lower than my usual standards.

As you can see I'm adding a description of each outfits practical modifiers and capabilities. I need to generate some ballpark estimates of how 'good' certain size bonuses are, though, because some people (including me) have no idea how frames apply to gameplay.