I'm well into developing a TC....

Okay, time for today's update! All of my ships are re-imported, so I can FINALLY return to work on the main part of the TC. I can't figure out what's going on with the problems I mentioned above, and I'd be grateful for some help. I'm still going to make some custom shield glows, but I'm gonna let it slide until later.

That's all folks! And remember, if you have suggestions for the interface bar or anything else then speak up!

Set the mercs to "Interceptor" instead of "Warship". That way they'll patrol the system, flying between all the ships like some Feddies do in EVN.

Also, you can make a special version of ships that has the 'Mines Asteroids' flag set. The Shuttle and Heavy Shuttle: Economy at work has those. Basically, they fly around the system instead of jumping. You'd have to make different ship files for this though, because setting the flag on all the ships would just be plain screwy.

Okay, thanks for the help! I'll get to work right away.

Hmm. Are there descriptions of what the AI's do in the bible? I'm just curious as to what the Warship AI does.

(edit)
Okay, I see. I found the descriptions of the AI's.

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 29 August 2007 - 11:18 AM

I'm having a problem. Ambrosia's attachment funtion isn't working for me. It keeps telling me that I haven't selected a file. Obviously this is bad, since I'd kind of have trouble posting images if this stops working. Help?

How do you set different ship files to use the same shans? I'd like to have different versions of the ships, mainly because of the ideas I need to implement.

Okay, time for today's update. I added 5 new spobs, with full desc's, I added a new weapon, I added a pirate government and pirates, and I made numerous other refinements. I really wish that I could still use the upload image function, so I could show off some screenshots. That's extremely annoying. Oh, well.

@shlimazel, on Aug 29 2007, 03:00 PM, said in I'm well into developing a TC....:

Okay, time for today's update. I added 5 new spobs, with full desc's, I added a new weapon, I added a pirate government and pirates, and I made numerous other refinements. I really wish that I could still use the upload image function, so I could show off some screenshots. That's extremely annoying. Oh, well.

Darn. I was hoping to see some.

BTW, I still check every day. 🙂

Darn. I was hoping to see some.

Well, luckily, that function is working again today, so I can show off pictures. It must have been a server problem.

This shows of a new planet, a new weapon shot, and my red painted pirates!

BTW, I still check every day.

Thanks! It's good to hear it!

@shlimazel, on Aug 30 2007, 10:48 AM, said in I'm well into developing a TC....:

Well, luckily, that function is working again today, so I can show off pictures. It must have been a server problem.

Attachment Picture_10.png

This shows of a new planet, a new weapon shot, and my red painted pirates!
Thanks! It's good to hear it!

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:
gasp
That's... incredible!
I WANT MORE SCREENSHOTS!

gasp
That's... incredible!
I WANT MORE SCREENSHOTS!

Ah, the beautiful sound of disbelieving admiration in the morning... Don't panic, I'll post many, many, MANY SCREENSHOTS!!! MWAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!

By the way, I've added a developement gallery dedicated to my TC here . Just one pic so far, but I'll add more periodically.

Hmm, for some reason my mission is interperting Goto Random Stellar as Goto <specific planet>. I've checked the bible and made sure that all of my inhabited planets are more than 2 jumps away from another, but every planet that I go to offers this mission as Goto <specific stellar>. Help?

{edit}
Never mind, I fixed it.

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 30 August 2007 - 12:40 PM

Ever played Freelancer? Those shots look like the Civilian Flashpoints (class 6 & 7 guns).

Yeah, I got a lot of inspiration from Freelancer. Have you ever tried the Discovery mod for freelancer? It's pretty nifty.

Anyway, time for today's update! I got a LOT done. New missions, redone galaxy, a new pers, and a new theme (with a custom loading pic!) It's too big for me to upload, so you'll just need to anticipate eagerly!

anticipates eagerly

Okay, I chopped the picture down more than I'd wanted to and got it to upload. First of all, I have a NAME!!! Finally, a name. IT IS-

SPACELANE

MERCENARIES

Duh, duh DUH!!!

Here's the loading pic!

I'm working on putting stuff in empty systems now.

Cool loading pic but yeah the star should give off light.

This post has been edited by egroeg5 : 31 August 2007 - 10:05 AM

Not to be nitpicky, but the star doesnt seem to be generating any light in the scene.

I like the ships.

(runs back to reading beta reports)

--BP

Maybe it's not a star, but a white planet?

but yeah the star should give off light.

Yeah, it is a star and TECHNICALLY it should give off light, but I liked the way the scene was set up with front lights and I chose to leave it the way it was.

Cool loading pic

I like the ships.

Thanks! I'm pleased by the way things are shaping up

Time for today's update! I've done a lot of stuff today, including adding shipyard pictures, explosionas, asteroids, and A NEW INTERFACE!! Here's a screenshot showing off the new interface...

and here's a screenshot showing off the new shipyard pics!