I'm well into developing a TC....

I can choose for myself. I just wondered what other people thought.

Sorry if my comment was sort of out of place. As far as I know you're pretty much alone on your project currently. You're also the only one who knows exactly what you have done and what you want. I'm saying it's hard to imagine wether or not we'd feel like finishing what you have or starting from scratch.

Personally I like having a clean, consistent project. But a complete project, albeit somewhat messy is better than an unfinished clean project, I think. It all depends to what extent you "overreached" yourself and if the things ( graphics? ) you made with different skills look like they came from different universe or not.

Something good to remember is that a smaller but complete project, can still be built on and expanded. 😉

So, taking my past experiences into account, I'd start from scratch. But you're the one who knows how you feel about your current progress and if it's hard to "abandon" it or if it feels overwhelming. You get the idea.

_MP,
Your insane psychologic advisor. _ :blink:

This post has been edited by Mumbling Psycho : 20 October 2007 - 05:20 PM

and if the things ( graphics? ) you made with different skills look like they came from different universe or not.

Graphics, writing, that kind of thing. I think I can write better now than I could when I started working on it, and I kind of am annoyed at the outdated stuff I made before.

Something good to remember is that a smaller but complete project, can still be built on and expanded.

True. Plus if other people want to do stuff with my incomplete release, they'll have my blessing. I mean, someone might as well play around with it.

So, taking my past experiences into account, I'd start from scratch. But you're the one who knows how you feel about your current progress and if it's hard to "abandon" it or if it feels overwhelming. You get the idea.

I think that I'm going to start over with a clean slate, once I release what I've done so far. That way I can apply what I've learned during this project.

Thanks for the advice, psychologic advisor!

I'd just like to reassure everyone that I will be releasing what I've made so far. I'm just waiting on a few things at the moment, and they might not come in for a while.

Hmm, why is there a new post in this topic? After all, Spacelane is a long dead piece of vaporware, right? Shouldn't be any reason to have a new post.

I suspect this topic bears watching.

That's a hint hint if I ever saw one. 😉

Nice to see ya, Shlimazel.

Keep us posted with what's going on 😉

Boy, this is some cough I've got. Cough, cough HURK

Ah, that must have been lodged in my throat. I feel much better now.

Amazing, Shlimazel!

Nah, that's not amazing. These might be closer to that, though;

<falls out of chair due to overwhelming awesomeness>

Oh... my... gods...

<climbs back in chair, falls out again>

cryptic grin