EV: Renegade

Progress log: need help!

This is a progress log for the TC plugin "EV: renegade. a short description:

Humans expanded, leaving earth for other worlds. never finding intelligent life, they adapted or terraformed the worlds they encountered.

the empire collapsed over polit6ical strife, but was replacet quickley

They built and built, living in pece- nothing to fight over.

at least it was...

but, then, all of the defence drones leaft for Gal norh. wen they returned it was all edvastation. humans lost terratory. but they where routed...

the only question is...

when will they return

This is a lot more comfertable to work with, and i have a lot more ideas.
Edit: in later posts I spell better...

This post has been edited by Phoebus Xebdaz : 27 October 2006 - 02:30 PM

My first recommendation would be to learn to spell.

Spelling is your friend. None one will play your game it you have to stare at text for 10 minutes in order to figure out what it says.

I agree with Jaca, its hard to follow what your saying when we have to figure out what your spelling at the same time.

Here's a little list I just found about the qualities that make a good TC:

1. Spelling
2. Grammar
3. Story
4. Originality
5. Spelling
6. Grammar
7. Balanced ships/weapons

Did I mention spelling and grammar?

Edit: Grammar. Gra-mar!

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 13 August 2006 - 03:13 PM

@chronodrago, on Aug 13 2006, 08:57 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

I agree with Jaca, its hard to follow what your saying when we have to figure out what your spelling at the same time.

People in glass houses...

But yes, when even the title of your plug is incorrectly spelled, some spell checking is needed.

@jacabyte, on Aug 13 2006, 09:06 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

Here's a little list I just found about the qualities that make a good TC:

1. Spelling
2. Grammer
3. Story
4. Originality
5. Spelling
6. Grammer
7. Balanced ships/weapons

Did I mention spelling and grammer?

Again with the glass houses. Especially, Jaca, when you're trying to poke fun.

This post has been edited by pp0u20e8 : 13 August 2006 - 03:10 PM

NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Grammar! For the last time! Grrrrrr...

May my blood pressure forgive me..

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 13 August 2006 - 03:15 PM

Just go at it, PX! All but the smallest TCs take years to complete and involve large amounts of writing. If you seriously commit to making a good one, your spelling and grammar will be bound to have improved by the time you're done! 😉

Grammer is the guy who plays Dr Frasier Crane. 🙂

Anyway, to contructively comment on spelling, you might want to start with the title: it's spelt "Renegade".

Alright. fine. Sloppy spelling. I am going to spellcheck all of my TC material. as for the update, I spentv all last night with a notebook and a pece of grid paper plotting out the coordinits (Pardon my spelling) of each sisatem and it's hyper-links (Pardon my grammer). I am in the process of entering it into EVNew. The map will be done in a matter of hours.

Sorry, kid -- if you can't take the time to spell-check a message board post, I just can't get interested in any plug in or TC you may be producing. Good luck, but until you can spell simple words like "piece" or "system," you're off my radar.

Humans expanded, leaving earth for other worlds. never finding intelligent life, they adapted or terraformed the worlds they encountered.

They built and built, living in pece- nothing to fight over.

at least it was...

but, then, all of the defence drones leaft for Gal norh. wen they returned it was all edvastation. humans lost terratory. but they where routed...

the only question is...

wen will they return When will they learn how to spell?

This is a lot more comfertable to work with, and i have a lot more ideas.

Sorry, had to do that... The haribul spielleng whas jus gitten awn mi nurves. I jus caint staind bad grammur and spieling

I would like to say that i'm a bad at spelling so i know how you feel. But feel but take the extra time to spell check and people might enjoy the topic more.

{Just for the record i did spellcheck this reply} 😄

My next goal will to do a grammer check also.

You'll find in this forum that we're pretty tough on poor spelling - even in the non-technical boards like the EVN board. So before you start on plugins, it may be an idea to start on spelling. If you really have problems on getting it right, I suggest you type your posts into Word (or another similar program) and use the built-in spell checker before posting them here.

newbie101 said:

{Just for the record i did spellcheck this reply}

You missed "grammar". 😛

This post has been edited by Belthazar : 15 August 2006 - 02:03 AM

I have seen IPB boards that offer spell checking of posts. Wonder if we can get Ben to set that up.

Yeah, I thought these boards did as well, until I checked for it.

A spell-checking program isn't going to catch when you use "where" for "were," though.

I'v begane wrighting, and yes i will word spellcheck the whole plugin.

Back to the progress...
entering the sistems i planned turned out to be surprisingley tetious, so i'v decided to interspace working on the map with working on sbobs. i could use some help. How do i do story strings?!? i know just what i'm going to do, but cant do it! i'l finish the uneverse first though. Any help welcom <_<

Here is a prevew of a ship and a weapon:
Fighter Drone
Weapons: Ion Spark Wave
(Bay based fighter)

Ion Spark Wave
Beem (Lightning) weapon
innacurecy:10
Beam color: Blue
Lightning Density: 40
Lightning Amplitude:10
Mass DMG: 4
Energey DMG: 8

Thank you for listning.

@phoebus-xebdaz, on Aug 15 2006, 12:46 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

How do i do story strings?!? i know just what i'm going to do, but cant do it!

A good first resource to look through is the Nova Bible. A txt version is included in the documentation folder of EV: Nova and you can get a PDF version here: http://lunarproducti...m/novabible.pdf .

Also check out the pinned topic "All the Important Links You'll Ever Need" for all kinds of useful guides and tutorials.