EV: Renegade

Well, for graphics...If you've knowticed the forum, theres free graphics up as long as you give credit to their creator. (Hint: check Onyx's shipyard.)

Well, actually, I Have solidified ideas for the ships; I just need them to be made into 3d images, and eventually Shans. not to be pickie or anything...
Any suggestions?

Ah, I c. Well, I would volunteer to help, but I have to work on my own plugin, summer reading essays, cross country, and then theres upcoming school. So im a bit busy atm.

Make them yourself! Use a free rendering program like Blender!

Mabey I will Make it myself. if my computer can handel it...

You need a computer with at least a 300Mhz processor and lots of time to learn how the 3D modeling program of your choice works.

Or.. You could do little sketches of ships and scan them into a sprite!

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 20 August 2006 - 02:19 PM

"Mabey" it will "handel" it, "mabey" it won't. "Witch"ever you end up with, I can't "weight."

Oh, wait. Yes, I can.

@jacabyte, on Aug 20 2006, 12:18 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

Or.. You could do little sketches of ships and scan them into a sprite!

Someone should really do that and make a TC out of it. They could call it cartoon TC or something. :laugh: It would be an awesomely funny TC.

@uncletwitchy, on Aug 20 2006, 12:19 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

"Mabey" it will "handel" it, "mabey" it won't. "Witch"ever you end up with, I can't "weight."

Oh, wait. Yes, I can.

Lol.....

Make them yourself! Use a free rendering program like Blender!

Before he renders them, he needs to make them first. I would suggest using the Strata 3D Tryout, or AC3D Tryout. Or, if you want and have the funds, you could buy them or another top end commercial program.

Strata
AC3D

Blender will do modeling.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 20 August 2006 - 03:36 PM

Lol, IF blender couldn't model...then what could it render?

That's not what I meant. I know that Blender models, but I personally don't like it. But that's probably because I just didn't feel like relearning the interface for another 3D program. I just suggested the ones that I knew were good from personal experience.

Thank you for the consideration... (I'm actually working on the map right now though)

Ha, anything with a toolbar similar to 3ds max 7, I will hate to I die. The strata 3d setup is so much easier for me. I need to find V. 4.0 for strata 3d though, 5.0 is to new.

@uncletwitchy, on Aug 20 2006, 08:19 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

Oh, wait. Yes, I can.

Seriously Twitchy, we know you don't want to use this plug.

Just don't use it. Don't post every so often telling everyone how much you don't want to play it.

@chronodrago, on Aug 20 2006, 09:16 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

Lol.....

And you make almost as many mistakes as Phoebus.

@pp0u20e8, on Aug 21 2006, 06:43 AM, said in EV: Renegade:

Yeah right! Not as many, maybe a few in every few posts, but nothing that serious. Besides, you can still understand what I'm saying even if there is a few mistakes. Unlike, Phoebus, my first post was actually understandable and no one commented on my spelling or grammer....thank ya very much.

Wow guys, how about we keep this to the topic at hand?? If Phoebus learns how to spell more adequately (or use spellcheck and grammer check), then I would be happy to play it.

@pp0u20e8, on Aug 21 2006, 01:43 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

Seriously Twitchy, we know you don't want to use this plug.

Just don't use it. Don't post every so often telling everyone how much you don't want to play it.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were a moderator on this forum. Yes, by all means, I'll do exactly what you said.

@uncletwitchy, on Aug 21 2006, 10:46 AM, said in EV: Renegade:

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were a moderator on this forum. Yes, by all means, I'll do exactly what you said.

Well, he certainly has more posts than you.

@chronodrago, on Aug 21 2006, 05:51 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

Well, he certainly has more posts than you.

Pft.

(edited to add) When either of these people have accomplished anything near where SFA is now, maybe I'll find a rat's ass somewhere in my otherwise empty container.

This post has been edited by UncleTwitchy : 21 August 2006 - 12:54 PM