EV: Renegade

um, hello? echo... eek! No ones here... Where'd the progress go?

It's not here yet. Get back in the closet.

@gray-shirt-ninja, on Oct 29 2006, 09:12 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

First off…
I have written an Ironic preamble
Huh?

Secondly:
Learned to love Photoshop like a family member
Ew. Just ew.

First off: The preamble details a religion (that has a major theocracy associated with it) that, is based on a holy next called minutes. when you read the excerpts from minutes, you realize that it is actually not gods talking, but minutes from a UN meeting. Ironic enough?
Next, okay, I was kidding. Photoshop helped me do something in seconds that would've taken hours in Microsoft paint.
Now, on to the progress:
I still need graphics. I finally got around to integrating onyx's spob graphics with nova's. and a made a couple of sounds. I've added a couple of new spobs. I hope to do more. 99% done with those dammed ___dyds.
Do you want me to disclose names?!?

I'm curious - when you re-did the splash screen, did you happen to remove one of the Nova data files? Especially Nova.rez, if you happen to be on the PC? Because removing that would cause it to crash whenever you open a dialogue box on the main screen. Removing one of the Nova Titles files (can't remember which one) would make it crash when you opened one of the in-game dialogue boxes.

Yes, I am on a PC, and wen I re installed nova it worked fine. I admit; I tampered with nova.rez. It was harmless! I made all of the error messiges criticise the player! such as:Pay for the game, then you get to use plugins! well, I will not try that agan.
I'm sorry about the progress. I was temporerally sidetracked by a plugin for the ported ev scenareo (those onyx graphics needed to be used.) anyhow, I'v resumed the progress. Still on track for the playable scenareo date (augest).
Finally, I'v started my wrighting for missions. Also, began wrighting down how each mission will go.
Oh, and this m ight not appear important, but the notebook i'v bean useing, and almost filled up, was just busted. I can still use it, but it newads rubbrt bands. I have to refrence it all of the time. This will add at least a day of waisted time. or mabey you just dont care...
Have a nice day~Xebdaz

This post has been edited by Phoebus Xebdaz : 02 November 2006 - 04:50 PM

@phoebus-xebdaz, on Nov 2 2006, 02:47 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

Do you want me to disclose names?!?

No. It's alright. In fact I'd perfer that you didn't disclose names to keep from spoiling the little surprises.

@phoebus-xebdaz, on Nov 2 2006, 02:47 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

<second part of post>

Well there's your problem. I believe there're special resources in that files that EVNEW can't edit, which means it deletes them. This messes up Nova horribly.

Yup, the resources defining the dialog boxes are in there. Nasty bug on EVNEW's part. It's open source, right? Someone should fix that.

@guy, on Nov 2 2006, 04:39 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

It's open source, right?

Yes it is. If I knew how to code I'd do it myself.

And in other news... I made some STR#'s for him...

Well, I just made several more ships! and did a substantial bit of wrighting.
If you have a ship you want included, go .HERE
Thanks by the way, peurevengance!

This post has been edited by Phoebus Xebdaz : 06 November 2006 - 03:40 PM

No problem. Anything else you need done? I'd be willing to help...