EV: Renegade

Wow! You've learned to type with your beak!

@phoebus-xebdaz, on Aug 15 2006, 06:46 AM, said in EV: Renegade:

I'v begane wrighting, and yes i will word spellcheck the whole plugin.

Back to the progress...
entering the sistems i planned turned out to be surprisingley tetious, so i'v decided to interspace working on the map with working on sbobs. i could use some help. How do i do story strings?!? i know just what i'm going to do, but cant do it! i'l finish the uneverse first though. Any help welcom <_<

Good God. I'm leaving..

@phoebus-xebdaz, on Aug 15 2006, 05:46 AM, said in EV: Renegade:

I'v begane wrighting , and yes i will word spellcheck the whole plugin.

Back to the progress...
entering the sistems i planned turned out to be surprisingley tetious?, so i'v decided to interspace working on the map with working on sbobs. i could use some help. How do i do story strings?!! i know just what i'm going to do, but cant do it! i'l finish the uneverse first though. Any help welcom <_<

Try spellchecking your post as well.... It gets extremely annoying when every time a person post you
have to take 10 frikin minutes trying to decode one puny sentance....

A bit exaggerated, but you get the point. 😛

This post has been edited by chronodrago : 15 August 2006 - 03:30 PM

The whole thing about the spelling and grammar that we are trying to get across (And I do remember what you told me in a PM(/b)) is that doing any kind of plug-in—and especially a total conversion— is much more than how creative you are and how dedicated you think that you'll be: it requires a level of dedication higher than just throwing some stuff together whenever you have the chance. You can not just rush into something with ultimate enthusiasm and hope to get it done— that is in fact the recipie for vaporware. If you don't have the dedication to practice decent spelling and grammar (and as UT put it, a spellchecker is not enough) in a two-hundred word post to a web board a few times a day then how do you hope to have the habits or work ethic to manage correct English throughout thousands of K of descs? You really need to work on this if you want to be a sucessful plug designer.

Not that I am anyone to say anything— I don't have a single released plug-in to my credit.

@rmx256, on Aug 15 2006, 01:53 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

The whole thing about the spelling and grammar that we are trying to get across (And I do remember what you told me in a PM(/b)) is that doing any kind of plug-in—and especially a total conversion— is much more than how creative you are and how dedicated you think that you'll be: it requires a level of dedication higher than just throwing some stuff together whenever you have the chance. You can not just rush into something with ultimate enthusiasm and hope to get it done— that is in fact the recipie for vaporware. If you don't have the dedication to practice decent spelling and grammar (and as UT put it, a spellchecker is not enough) in a two-hundred word post to a web board a few times a day then how do you hope to have the habits or work ethic to manage correct English throughout thousands of K of descs? You really need to work on this if you want to be a sucessful plug designer.

Very nicely put... :rolleyes:

@rmx256, on Aug 15 2006, 01:53 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

Not that I am anyone to say anything— I don't have a single released plug-in to my credit.

Lol same, though ive uploaded 2 and a 3rd i started and finished this morning. God i love photoshop :laugh:

Sorry I couldn't post in a wile-I've bean working on the TC. This is not vaporware and with any luck, will never be. I've bean writing all of the planning down, and will be 70% done when it is all put into EVNew.

(I Spellchecked this post.)

@phoebus-xebdaz, on Aug 17 2006, 12:23 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

Sorry I couldn't post in a wile -I've bean working on the TC. This is not vaporware and with any luck, will never be. I've bean writing all of the planning down, and will be 70% done when it is all put into EVNew.

Very good, but you missed one(its in bold) :laugh: Anyways, good job and good luck.

70% done?

How big is this TC?

Well, so far I will be using resources (And these are just the planned ones)

Syst: 128-298

Ship: 128-193 :mellow:

Govt: 128-138

And, scenarios might changes stuff around (so I might make 2 versions of a system for example)

Until I get reasonable graphics I will use Ships I made in spinapp, and planets/explosions/landscapes from the standard game. I will use standard asteroids.

Dus1 that answer your question?

(I reserve the right to add ships) 😛

1 Do you know how to spell duz? I need to know. I knowe it stinks but spellcheck wont help!!

This post has been edited by Phoebus Xebdaz : 17 August 2006 - 03:03 PM

So your TC has 100 systems?

So it'll be about the same size as original EV?

This isn't a bad thing, I'm just asking.

@phoebus-xebdaz, on Aug 17 2006, 08:23 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

Sorry I couldn't post in a wile-I've bean working on the TC. This is not vaporware and with any luck, will never be. I've bean writing all of the planning down, and will be 70% done when it is all put into EVNew.

@chronodrago, on Aug 17 2006, 08:33 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

Very good, but you missed one(its in bold) :laugh: Anyways, good job and good luck.

One?

The spelling is all correct. The right words aren't used, but the spelling is correct.

But thanks Phoebus, for taking the time to attempt it. 🙂

@phoebus-xebdaz, on Aug 17 2006, 12:56 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

Well, so far I will be using resources (And these are just the planned ones)

Syst: 128-298

Ship: 128-193 :mellow:

Govt: 128-138
And, scenarios might changes stuff around (so I might make 2 versions of a system for example)

Until I get reasonable graphics I will use Ships I made in spinapp, and planets/explosions/landscapes from the standard game. I will use standard asteroids.

Dus1 that answer your question?

(I reserve the right to add ships) 😛

1 Do you know how to spell duz? I need to know. I knowe it stinks but spellcheck wont help!!

Nice, and "duz" is spelt d-o-e-s. 😄

@pp0u20e8, on Aug 17 2006, 01:07 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

One?

The spelling is all correct. The right words aren't used, but the spelling is correct.

But thanks Phoebus, for taking the time to attempt it. 🙂

Ah, well it was definantly understandable. You deserve a pat on the back Phoebus. I was just sort of fooling around with him, becuase I wouldn't be surprised to find a few errors in my posts. 😛

@rmx256, on Aug 16 2006, 06:53 AM, said in EV: Renegade:

I have... well... a single released plugin to my credit - and even that was full of misspelt words which were other words, if that makes any sense. I had to get other people to proofread it, because I wasn't spotting them myself.

@pp0u20e8, on Aug 18 2006, 05:34 AM, said in EV: Renegade:

70% done? How big is this TC?

70% when it's been written into EVNEW - which can take quite some time.

As well as that silly miscapitalisation of EVNEW that people get when they observe that "New" is a word, without realising that EVNEW is an acronym.

@belthazar, on Aug 17 2006, 02:24 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

70% when it's been written into EVNEW - which can take quite some time.

Especially when it comes to graphics. For the RLE and PICT resources, importing is a pain in the a--. I mean it. You try to follow the read me, and the sprite ends up having all blank frames except for the last frame.

@chronodrago, on Aug 17 2006, 09:22 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

Ah, well it was definantly understandable. You deserve a pat on the back Phoebus. I was just sort of fooling around with him, becuase I wouldn't be surprised to find a few errors in my posts. 😛

Neither would I.

@jacabyte, on Aug 17 2006, 01:31 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

Especially when it comes to graphics. For the RLE and PICT resources, importing is a pain in the a--. I mean it. You try to follow the read me, and the sprite ends up having all blank frames except for the last frame.

I totally know what you mean.

I just indexed all of the weapons, (In a notebook), witch I will put into the game over the next few days. I plan to use ships I will make in spinapp, until I can get real graphics. By the way, 70% does not include the writing portion (Witch I am making headway on). And, so it is aimed at an even wider audience, I have changed "Bar" to "restaurant"! :huh:

I have all ship types planned out, and have made almost 40% of the wep resources. If anyone would like to do LOTS of graphics, and is competent would they please come forward.

@phoebus-xebdaz, on Aug 19 2006, 05:35 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

And, so it is aimed at an even wider audience, I have changed "Bar" to "restaurant"! :huh:

Wow! Thats definantly something original and awesome.

I Just made a montypithon tribute (A very hard to find system). Anyone up for previews?

You lost me there.... :laugh:

I spent all afternoon planning out all of the outfits that will be available. then, I just decided to keep going on the map, and made a Monty python tribute system. Soon I will finish the Weap and Oft resources.

Another plea for graphics help!