GTW Game 5

I am going to tentatively vote for darth_vader for reasons I stated in my second to last post. I am less sure however so I may well change my vote.

This post has been edited by Cerberus : 06 September 2007 - 10:34 PM

Well, I'll self-defensively vote for Cerebrus. This could also change. I'm looking at you, Mack.

Hey, I'm innocent.

And I too vote for Cerberus , since I have no idea who is a dictator and who is not, save for myself.

darth_vader has been very lurky, but I don't think your reason is strong enough to lynch him.

@1eevee1, on Sep 5 2007, 01:31 AM, said in GTW Game 5:

Can't we just pretend the dictators were going to nuke rebel as well?

I'm going to vote for Mackilroy. His latest vote is what convinced me - simply jumping on a bandwagon without any reasonable explanation whatsoever. His play the entire game has been extremely lurky and random despite my pushing for him to help us out.

Okay, well we're only waiting on GutlessWonder now to vote. Of course you're all welcome to change your votes whenever.

@gutlesswonder, on Sep 5 2007, 08:08 PM, said in GTW Game 5:

I'm going to stick with Mackilroy. Just based on his responses so far to questions, and how sloppily it seems like he is playing.

Everyone else seems to be too random for me to make any kind of an educated guess, but on my list of suspects I'd rank it Mackilroy, Cerberus, Mispeled, darth_vader, 1Eevee1, GutlessWonder.

Edit: I replaced Eugene Chin with darth_vader, because I got confused with who got killed. 😞

sigh

If you choose to kill me, well, that's your choice. But you're making a mistake.

@mackilroy, on Sep 6 2007, 09:59 AM, said in GTW Game 5:

sigh

If you choose to kill me, well, that's your choice. But you're making a mistake.

If I'm reading the votes right, it actually looks like Cerberus is gonna get nuked.

Better a dictator than an innocent, don't you think?

@gutlesswonder, on Sep 6 2007, 09:24 AM, said in GTW Game 5:

<quote>

Oops! Sorry, I just overlooked your post.

Okay, as it stands:

Cerberus- darth_vader
darth_vader- Cerebus
1Eevee1- Cerebus
GutlessWonder- Mackilroy
Mackilroy- Cerebus
Mispeled- Mackilroy

Round will end at midnight EST.

@mispeled, on Sep 6 2007, 06:02 AM, said in GTW Game 5:

darth_vader has been very lurky, but I don't think your reason is strong enough to lynch him.

Hey, I've been busy. And not as lurky as some. I agree that Mack was acting somewhat suspiciously, but he and Cerebrus are about equal in my mind, so since he's voting for me, that tips the scales with the needs of self defense. My vote is still for him.

Yeah, just a quick question.

Midnight EST means what in +930 GMT?

@1eevee1, on Sep 6 2007, 09:06 PM, said in GTW Game 5:

Yeah, just a quick question.

Midnight EST means what in +930 GMT?

It means whatever time it is that I've been ending every round so far ;).

A little under 3 hours from now.

12:00 EST = 11:00 CST and 9:00 PST. So... 6:00 GMT, I believe.

I change my vote to Mackilroy.

Okay, we have a tie.

Cerberus- Mackilroy
darth_vader- Cerebus
1Eevee1- Cerebus
GutlessWonder- Mackilroy
Mackilroy- Cerebus
Mispeled- Mackilroy

Anybody want to change their vote? I'll give you 24 hours. In the meantime, I hope all the various people that need to PM me are thinking about what they want to do, so that they can give me an immediate answer for when this potential tie-breaker happens. If you want to PM me with what you'll do for each possible contingency (Cerebus dies, Mackilroy dies, stalemate and neither dies), you can feel free as well.

Interesting how it's turning out... if I die, I'm betting the dictators will win.

Cerberus, you have been a good foe, but it's like when a faithful dog gets too old.

You take him out the back and plug him with a shotgun.

My vote remains unchanged, and if the tie continues, I vote for Cerberus to die.

NB - To help with time syncronisation, here it's 2:40 PM on the dot.

@1eevee1, on Sep 6 2007, 09:13 PM, said in GTW Game 5:

Cerberus, you have been a good foe, but it's like when a faithful dog gets too old.

You take him out the back and plug him with a shotgun.

My vote remains unchanged, and if the tie continues, I vote for Cerberus to die.

NB - To help with time syncronisation, here it's 2:40 PM on the dot.

All game you have been obsessed with nuking me and I still don't really understand why. Wasn't it you who called me suspicious because I was so sure and didn't change my vote despite changes in circumstances? doesn't that describe you better than anyone else?

I retract my vote for Cerebrus. Don't yet know who to change it to, but he's making some good points, and now that he's not voting for me the self-defense considerations no longer apply.