GTW Game 5

Also consider that every single turn Mispeled and Gutless have voted for me, for little to no reason at all, simply because I 'look' suspicious. But no proof, no nothing.

well in this game there is no proof until the bodies hit the floor. But I have been going back over some of your past games and it seems that you are always going after people who "look suspicious." It also looks like you always lose. In any game the dictators are going to go out of their way to look the least suspicious. Like that time you guys nuked Gutless cause he was saying things like "The only way to end this nightmare is to kill everyone who isn't me." People said that was a dictatorish statement and nuked him for it, while it should have been obvious to everyone he was just joking. A dictator would never make such a statement. They try to blend in.

Edit: in this context "you" means everyone who isn't me.

This post has been edited by Cerberus : 07 September 2007 - 01:29 PM

As it stands:
Cerberus- Mackilroy
darth_vader- no vote
1Eevee1- Cerebus
GutlessWonder- Mackilroy
Mackilroy- Cerebus
Mispeled- Mackilroy

Technically not a tie anymore, but you have another 7 hours and 37 minutes to change your votes as much as you want.

My vote stands. I've stated multiple times why I'm voting for Mackilroy, and it certainly amounts to more than a gut feeling.

I'm going to have to agree with Mispeld here. I stated in my previous post why I'm no longer voting for Cerebrus, so my vote now goes to the other suspicious candidate: Mackilroy.

In high Earth orbit, a light begins to blink. It blinks on a satellite, coated with radar-absorbing material and kept cold and dark to avoid detection from the planet below. The satellite is one of many, looking down on the world, and soon an entire constellation appears above the skies of Mackilroy's territory. The satellites each passively sense as the nuclear arsenals of the security council nations are unleashed upon Mackilroy and his people. They had been programed three days before by secret signal, and activate as the radiation and heat of each launched warhead is detected, tracking towards his nation. Within moments, beams of laser energy shoot down and hit their targets. Missiles explode harmlessly in the atmosphere, the warheads falling into the oceans or empty land without becoming fissile. Once the threat to Mackilroy's nation is averted, the constellation stops its gentle blinking, becoming dormant, the energy recharging. Mackilroy has been saved by an SDI system that only one nation possesses, and was put into orbit entirely in secret. The security council nations look on with surprise, and their target with surprised relief. While it is suspected immediately that Mackilroy controlled the system, they claim they are as surprised as anybody else. If they are to be believed or not is irrelevant. What matters now is that some unknown nation has a defense against the nuclear threat, and has chosen to use it to protect Mackilroy. The system is undetectable, but may or may not protect him again. It takes time to program for defense of a particular territory, and must be done even before debate begins anew.

Well, ladies and gentleman, it is a new game entirely now. Round 4 begins.

Obvious that the sats are being controlled by a Flower Power iMac.

I withdraw my vote from Cerberus, mostly because I'm not sure what's going on anymore.

I vote for Mrxak who has obviously been playing in secret.

Wow, I'm alive...

Um, Cerberus, I don't think we can vote for mrxak. 😛

So what does this even mean? That Mack is innocent and got protected by another power, or that he was a dictator and got protected by his dictator buddy? I have to say this is surprising. I didn't think we had enough people to have a superpower role. Anyway, I retract my vote for Mack. I don't know what's going on and plainly something does not want us to kill him.

I'm not sure a person can play two roles at once, though we'd have to ask mrxak to clarify.

@darth_vader, on Sep 8 2007, 11:26 AM, said in GTW Game 5:

So what does this even mean? That Mack is innocent and got protected by another power, or that he was a dictator and got protected by his dictator buddy? I have to say this is surprising. I didn't think we had enough people to have a superpower role. Anyway, I retract my vote for Mack. I don't know what's going on and plainly something does not want us to kill him.

To clarify, the role of SDI is considered an innocent, working for the good of the innocents. They do not have Intelligence Agent knowledge, they see only what the regular innocents see. Mackilroy himself may be any role, you do not have enough information to be completely sure (as always in this game). All you know is that the SDI was programmed to protect Mackilroy's nation at the very start of this round.

This is how it works:

SDI picks somebody to protect. It does not need to be themselves. They select this person in advance each round, before the security council begins to debate and vote. The SDI can be triggered by any nuclear action, although there are rules to prevent indefinite stalemate which you very well may discover as the game progresses from here, and of course you may kill off the SDI at a time when they are not protecting themselves, thereby taking the SDI system out of the game.

Minutes after the SDI saves Mackilroy, GutlessWonder's nation is completely destroyed by bunny-manned submarines launching sea-to-ground nuclear missiles.

Interesting. From what I understand from mrxak, there is a pro-town power role who has the ability to protect from lynches. But there is also the question of whether or not protection from the dictators is possible. If the power cannot protect against night kills, that means we have to lynch a dictator or we lose.

Anyway, there's two possibilities:

Mack is the protector role and protected himself
Mack was protected by someone else. Looking at the vote count from the day before, it's possible, since he was one of the candidates for being lynched. Though there's no way they could have known if Mack was innocent, unless the person also has investigative powers.

I don't think that we're guaranteed that Mack is innocent. If the protector (assuming Mack didn't self-protect) is randomly protecting people, it's entirely possible he could have protected a dictator.

I'll cast my vote for Mispeled.

I should have seen it before, Mispeled and somebody else are dictators, and another party is a protector. You have been very cunning, Mispeled, but not cunning enough.

In revenge for him voting for me last round, I vote for Mispeled.

I am guessing that Mack self protected and I have already stated why I think 1Eevee1 is innocent. I now vote for Mispeled.

@1eevee1, on Sep 9 2007, 01:36 AM, said in GTW Game 5:

I should have seen it before, Mispeled and somebody else are dictators, and another party is a protector. You have been very cunning, Mispeled, but not cunning enough.

@mackilroy, on Sep 9 2007, 01:49 AM, said in GTW Game 5:

In revenge for him voting for me last round, I vote for Mispele.

@cerberus, on Sep 9 2007, 02:56 AM, said in GTW Game 5:

I am guessing that Mack self protected and I have already stated why I think 1Eevee1 is innocent. I now vote for Mispeled.

Um, are you guys serious? Is there any actual reason you're voting for me, or just because 1Eevee said that I'm "cunning, but not cunning enough". What does that actually mean?

Wait a second guys, I'm seeing some bandwagoning here. Can you explain to me your rationale in voting for Mispeled before I jump on the bandwagon too?