GTW Game 5

Interesting. I wish I had gotten the chance to nuke Cerebrus when I wanted to though. And switching up the intel agent for an SDI was... unexpected, to say the least.

We might've won faster with an intelligence agent. Who knows?

I hope you all don't mind too much. It was something I wanted to experiment with. Now that it's over, what do you feel about the SDI vs. the Intelligence Agent?

Actually, what I meant was having both, not just an IA or an SDI.

Hmm it's a tough choice.

In retrospect, I think I should have expected a twist from mrxak, but I was pleasantly surprised. I also wouldn't mind seeing it again, either.

@mackilroy, on Sep 11 2007, 02:33 PM, said in GTW Game 5:

Actually, what I meant was having both, not just an IA or an SDI.

Hmm it's a tough choice.

Doesn't have to be a choice, I'm just curious what everybody thought about each of the roles.

Both are interesting, but having the SDI self-protect seems a bit unfair. Any time they think that they made a narrow escape last round, they can self protect, and then accuse with impunity.

SDI only protects for one attack in two rounds. Therefore if they do self-protect, they can survive a security council vote, but not a dictator strike, and of course they can be killed in the following round.

This was a very interesting game. I second darth_vader - the SDI was a bit overpowered. Protector roles are more balanced (an in my opinion more interesting) if self protect isn't an option. The ability to protect from a lynch is pretty powerful, too, but I guess it makes sense with the theme of the game.
(edit: ok, we cross posted, but I understand now that they only protect once every two rounds. That's balanced, I wish vader and I had known that though. :p)

Out of curiosity, 1Eevee1, why did you lynch me? Was it just a lucky guess or was there some tell that I gave off?

Earlier I said that I wanted to mod game 6 - however, I don't think I'll have the free time to be able to do that. So I'm going to give someone else the chance to mod.

Incidentally, I'd be interested in seeing a pair of mason-type roles in a future game. They're essentially normal town players, but they know each other to be innocent and can communicate with each other outside of the game thread.

This post has been edited by Mispeled : 11 September 2007 - 05:30 PM

Yeah, what gave us away, especially if there was no intel agent?

Mostly the fact that you accused me of being a dictator. If I was, I would not have preventing you guys from nuking before. (If I was, let's be serious, the other dictator would have nuked me, making a first.)

It was also a combination of sheer, unrated, uncut luck. And I was also going with the others with you, Mis.

darth, between you and Mack, I went for you because I thought "Who could be more evil then myself, a finance student?"

Naturally, the only step above was Dark Lord.

The fact that Mispeled was jumping down everybody's throats for "Not participating enough" should have given it away sooner.

(Edit) By the way, 1Eevee1, what made you change your mind so suddenly about Mispeled at the end?

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 11 September 2007 - 09:14 PM

@mispeled, on Sep 11 2007, 06:28 PM, said in GTW Game 5:

(edit: ok, we cross posted, but I understand now that they only protect once every two rounds. That's balanced, I wish vader and I had known that though. :p)

I tried to hint around that it would not protect somebody indefinitely, but anyway, now you know.

@eugene-chin, on Sep 11 2007, 08:39 PM, said in GTW Game 5:

The fact that Mispeled was jumping down everybody's throats for "Not participating enough" should have given it away sooner.

Eh, I think I'd have done the same thing if I was town. We lost in Game 4 because kickme made almost no posts.

Some of the players were participating, explaining themselves, and still had you jumping down their throats. Maybe they weren't putting out essays, or maybe I'm just looking back at this eschew.

By the way: I suspected that I was eliminated in the first genocide phase because I was lurking around, watching who was looking at the topic and at what time. I did happen to see you active, just before mrxak announced my demise.

Was this the reason I was targeted, or was it something else?

(For much of the time after round two, I was near-to-certain that 1Eevee1 was the other dictator. Shows what I know.)

(Edit) By the way: When an SDI role is active, it should be absolutely essential that the dictators provide their targets before a failed lynch is announced... Otherwise, the first time the dictators see the SDI stoop a lynch, they could genocide that person anyways.

No, wait, let me think about that a bit more...

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 12 September 2007 - 07:55 PM