GTW Game 5

Just a reminder, the round ends in just under 9 hours.

I remain mistrustful of the bandwagoning going on here. First of all, it's rarely productive for everyone to jump on one person for nebulous reasons. Second, bandwagoning is a good way for a dictator to hide among the crow. 1Eevee1 just said "Mispeled is cunning but not enough." Mack made a revenge vote, and Cerebrus made a guess. Of these three, I think Cerebrus is the most suspicious, so I'm going to vote for him. I am extremely mistrustful of bandwagons, and there is a tendency for the third person to jump on a bandwagon to be a dictator going along with the crowd. The first person is an accuser, the second person could just be agreeing, but the third is just going along. And yes, I have considered the possibility that Mispeled is a dictator. I'm just not sure at all about him though, and I think bandwagoning to be highly suspicious.

Since we have just 8.5 hours left, we should be careful before we all jump on someone.

This post has been edited by darth_vader : 09 September 2007 - 02:43 PM

Guys, if we mislynch (which by lynching me, you will be), we'll be down to 2 town and 2 dictators. If you're going to lynch anyone, please do it for an actual reason, at least, not on a whim with no actual explanation.

Of the three of you voting for me, I know that at least one of you is a dictator. I think if darth_vader were a dictator he'd be more than happy to let me get bandwagoned, so therefor I strongly suspect that two of you are dictators.

At this point, I think it's possible that Mack is the protector role, but then why didn't the dictators kill him last night? (From what I understood from mrxak's post, to prevent a stalemates, he can't protect the same person more than once in a row.)

To defend myself, because the only thing I'm positive of is that if I'm lynched then the town loses, I'm going to vote for Cerberus. I think 1Eevee1, though misguided, is town.

Here is my reasoning. We are now down to these five people:
Cerberus
darth_vader
1Eevee1
Mackilroy
Mispeled

I know myself to be innocent, although obviously there is no way to prove that to you until either the game is over or I am nuked. That leaves us with:
darth_vader
1Eevee1
Mackilroy
Mispeled

I have said before why I think 1Eevee1 is innocent. It was he that suggested that the dictators not get to nuke anyone when they were late with their pm's. That leaves us with:
darth_vader
Mackilroy
Mispeled

While it is possible that 1Eevee1 is the SDI and saved Mackilroy because he thinks I am a dictator the fact that he changed his vote after it was revealed that there was an SDI makes that seem unlikely. I think that Mackilroy was self protecting. If that is the case then then he could not be a dictator and we are left with:
darth_vader
Mispeled

Down to two. I am convinced that these two are dictators. From my point of view they are the only two left. Obviously none of you can know for sure that I am not a dictator so I suppose you would have three of us on that final list. I know I am innocent and now feel that I know who the dictators are. Even if you put me on that final list however you have a 2 in 3 chance of getting a dictator.

View Postprophile, on Sep 9 2007, 04:13 PM, said:

I put on my robe and wizard hat.

Haha. prophile, you going to join the next game? If I'm figuring it out correctly, and assuming we don't have any more rounds going into overtime, should probably be next week sometime at the latest. That's of course also assuming the SDI doesn't delay things longer, but in theory somebody should die in each round, and either side should be able to win within just a couple more rounds.

Also, 6 hours remain. As it stands:

Cerberus- Mispeled
darth_vader- Cerberus
1Eevee1- Mispeled
Mackilroy- Mispeled
Mispeled- Cerberus

OK, Cerebrus, that was good reasoning (except for the part about me being a dictator). I retract my vote for Cerebrus and vote for Mispeled instead. Just one thing: your reasoning for 1Eevee1's innocence seems the weakes part of your post. Since I also know that I am not a dictator, but cannot prove it, I propose that Mispeled and 1Eevee1 are the dictators. 1Eevee1 had a clever ruse, since it put the dictators at a major disadvantage without any advantage at all being conferred to them. However, it locked his own innocence into surety. Cleverly, he realizes that Mispeled is about to be outed, so turns on him to further prove his own innocence. Unfortunately, he couldn't come up with anything better than "you're cunning, but not cunning enough." Anyway, we can get rid of Mispeled now, and next round get 1Eevee1.

Unless the SDI protected me, we've lost.

It's absolutely ridiculous that I am actually being lynched for no reason whatsoever. Thanks, Cerberus, for at least giving some kind of reasoning for your choice (even if I disagree with it), but darth_vader and mackilroy gave nothing at all. This is just bad play.

Cleverly, he realizes that Mispeled is about to be outed, so turns on him to further prove his own innocence. Unfortunately, he couldn't come up with anything better than "you're cunning, but not cunning enough." Anyway, we can get rid of Mispeled now, and next round get 1Eevee1.

...except that I wasn't about to be outed. I think 1Eevee1 is town, but there's no reason why you guys should be voting for me.

This post has been edited by Mispeled : 09 September 2007 - 07:51 PM

Three hours remain...

I change my vote to Cerebus.

I believe Cerebus and darth_vader are the dictators, Mackilroy is the protector, Mispeled is the agent and myself to be innocent.

If I get nuked, xak, can you let me know how accurate my guesses are, via PM?

The round ended 14 minutes ago.

Mispeled's UN ambassador flees the security council chamber moments after the final vote is tallied, but guards detain him. Even as the remaining nuclear nations of the world destroy Mispeled's nation into utter oblivion, secret instructions are found on the ambassador's person, documents detailing the transfer of nuclear weapons to the bunnies among them. Mispeled himself is shot down over the ocean as he attempted to reach sanctuary in some unknown nation.

Indeed, Mispeled was an evil dictator, and before the mushroom clouds even begin to blow away the bunnies retaliate with nuclear weapons from the remaining evil dictator. Vengeance for Mispeled's death is swift, and Cerberus and all of his people are vaporized in a massive series of submarine attacks.

One dictator and three innocents remain.

1Eevee1, since your vote change was 6 minutes late, I am not counting it, although it would not have made a difference.

Wow, we actually got one. whew

Well... I really stuffed up with my previous votes then.

darth_vader , I suspect that you and Mispeled had very strong ties. As in, a nuclear weaponry exchange treaty. Possibly involving bunnies.

All I know is that I have heard leaked reports about yourself. As such, my vote is cast for you.

Oh, clever, 1Eevee1, but we are close now. I think you truly revealed yourself when you suddenly changed your vote to Cerebrus. First you say he and I had ties, now you say Mispeled and I. Either way, your trying to draw connections with me to prevent your own destruction. This one's not even a self-defense vote, I know who you are. Also, Mispeled tried to protect you subtly. It took me a sec to notice this one, but even as his own destruction was assured he called you innocent. Why would he do that unless he was trying to protect his partner, who must be you? My vote is for 1Eevee1.

If I was the dictator, one would assume that because of my meddling with our idle player before, that we would have both nuked ourselves then and the innocents would have won.

Have we won? No. Obviously proof that I am not a dictator.

I vote to nuke darth_vader.

Very well, I'll end this round now since there's only three of you to vote. You kill darth_vader, and sure enough the bunnies no longer have a supply of nuclear weapons. You have killed the second dictator. Innocents win. 1Eevee1 may be surprised to learn that he's not an intelligence agent, in fact there was none this game. Well of course that makes Mackilroy the SDI.

For those interested in such things:

Cerberus GutlessWonder
darth_vader -ed no lynch
1Eevee1 Mackilroy
Eugene Chin no lynch
GutlessWonder Mackilroy
Mackilroy -sdi 1Eevee1
Mispeled -ed 1Eevee1 protected
rebelswin_85 no lynch

Cerberus rebelswin_85 protected
darth_vader -ed Mackilroy
1Eevee1 Cerberus
GutlessWonder Mackilroy
Mackilroy -sdi Cerberus
Mispeled -ed Mackilroy
rebelswin_85 < eliminated by not showing up>

<dictators would have killed Cerebus>

Cerberus Mackilroy
darth_vader -ed Mackilroy
1Eevee1 Cerberus
GutlessWonder Mackilroy
Mackilroy -sdi Cerberus protected
Mispeled -ed Mackilroy

Cerberus Mispeled
darth_vader -ed Mispeled
1Eevee1 Mispeled protected
Mackilroy -sdi Mispeled
Mispeled -ed Cerberus

darth_vader -ed 1Eevee1
1Eevee1 darth_vader
Mackilroy -sdi darth_vader protected

The SDI was allowed to protect the same person in multiple rounds in a row, however as soon as the SDI was expended in a particular round for either kill, it could not protect that person until after the following round was finished.

I was right from the start! Coincidentally is this the first time you guys have got the dictators?

See? Told you guys I was innocent. 😛

Yeah, it's the first time we've won in a while.

Second time overall.

Yay for the innocents! Well, yay for the innocents that weren't nuked, at any rate, I hope you enjoy your new parking lots! ^_^