GTW Game 5

@mispeled, on Sep 2 2007, 07:35 AM, said in GTW Game 5:

Going for no lynch now is absolutely the worst move we can make. We only get an advantage if we no-lynch with eight, now that we're down to seven it definitely won't help us.

There's quite a few players who have only made short posts without much content - that's a sure sign of trying to fly under the radar. Mackilroy, Cerberus, and 1Eevee1 - we can be sure at least one of you is town, and lurking just prevents the town from getting knowledge. Who do you guys think is looking most like an evil dictator? Who do you think is looking the most innocent?

You're right about that. As I pointed out in the last topic, no-lynch gets less and less effective every round. I'm glad to see you have finally realized the limits of your strategy grumble grumble. OK but seriously, Cerebrus hasn't done much at all. He only made two posts, and one was saying dictators would vote no-lynch to take suspicion off of themselves. After which he randomly voted for Gutless, then was silent the rest of the round. Looks suspicious. If two of those three are dictators, I'd say he's one, and I also think 1Eevee1 is the most innocent looking. He's been pretty active, but nothing has struck me as being suspicious... yet.

@mackilroy, on Sep 2 2007, 08:14 AM, said in GTW Game 5:

Hey, I work for ten hours each day on Fridays and Saturdays. Can't post much if you're not within easy reach of a computer to post on, eh?

That said, this round I vote to nuke Eugene Chin , because he had it in for me last round for simply misunderstanding him in Game IV.

?? Is this an extremely clever ploy on the part of a dictator to subtly indicate he had no knowledge of Eugene Chin's demise at the bloody paws of the bunnies? Or are you genuinely confused? I must say, this looks suspicious.

Oops, I wasn't thinking. Hehe. Um, strike that vote for the Chin. 🙂 I vote for no one as of right now, will think more on it and vote later.

I haven't posted much because I haven't changed my mind much. I still think that someone who voted no lynch last round is a dictator, not because I think its a bad strategy, but because I think its a good one and therefore the perfect disguise. The nuking of Eugene Chin I think supports my hypothesis as dictators will often nuke someone who voted the same way as themselves to further throw off suspicion. I may be new to this game but I am familiar with its live action counter part (mafia) and If I were the dictator thats what I would have done.

So if my theory is correct then that means either rebelswin_85 or darth_vader is a dictator

Nobody's voted yet, guys, and there's only 7 or so hours left... Make with the witch hunt, people!

OK I wanted to wait and see what other people were thinking or how they voted but we are running out of time and if I don't vote now I am worried I will forget and it will be to late.

So... 50-50 chance.

For now I am voting rebelswin_85. I may change my vote depending on what happens next, if I remember to check again before voting ends.

This post has been edited by Cerberus : 02 September 2007 - 04:35 PM

My tentative vote is for Mackilroy. I think the whole forgetting thing was a particularly clever plot.

Everyone always has it in for me...laughs

I vote to nuke darth_vader , since he apparently doesn't realize I'm innocent, and he must be a dictator!

I vote for Cerberus

EDIT - What? A four-way tie?!

This post has been edited by 1Eevee1 : 02 September 2007 - 06:48 PM

I'm still very, very suspicious of both Mackilroy and 1Eevee1. Despite my request for them to post with a bit of content or try to discuss things, they both continue to post basically meaningless posts. We're past the point where randomness is effective - if we don't lynch correctly either today or tomorrow, we'll lose.

I'm going to lean toward Mackilroy. His votes are only for people who are voting for him, with the logic being "I'm not a dictator, and you're voting for me, so you must be a dictator".

On the other hand, 1Eevee1's votes are completely random and he never explains them at all. Mackilroy is at least putting some thought into them. His vote today for no-lynch (which, as I explained, is only something that gives us an advantage once) is also suspicious.

I'm going to hold off on voting for awhile, though. I'd like to hear defense from both 1Eevee1 and Mackilroy.

This post has been edited by Mispeled : 02 September 2007 - 07:13 PM

First: Don't you think I'd respond faster as a dictator? Second: were I a dictator, I wouldn't vote for people who are after me, solely, I'd vote for whoever I was working with. Since I'm obviously not doing that, I think that makes it obvious I'm not a dictator.

Also, I didn't vote for no-lynch today, I just was postponing making a vote because I didn't know who I wanted to vote for yet.

2 Hours to go, still waiting on three votes and any last minute changes.

You want my defense?

Very well, I shall give it.

I am voting for Cerebus , due to the fact that, as was stated before, they have not been very active, and, coupled with the fact that the innocents are changing their votes depending on the situation, Cerebus has not.

Obviously, that points to that person being a dictator, because they already know who is innocent and who is not. Of course, that still leaves the problem of the second dictator, but we shall cross that hurdle as we come across it.

A full report is available on request, on 3 DVDs for the price of $45.55 AUD. The report is approximately 32,000 pages long, per document, and I feel that it should back up my case quite adequately.

@mackilroy, on Sep 2 2007, 08:56 PM, said in GTW Game 5:

First: Don't you think I'd respond faster as a dictator?

Perhaps. But the dictator could also just as easily wait as long as possible to prevent the town from getting information.

Second: were I a dictator, I wouldn't vote for people who are after me, solely, I'd vote for whoever I was working with. Since I'm obviously not doing that, I think that makes it obvious I'm not a dictator.

There's many, many different voting patterns and strategies that dictators can use. Your defense is that because you say you would use a specific strategy, and you aren't, that you're innocent?

Your logic isn't making sense.

@1eevee1, on Sep 2 2007, 10:06 PM, said in GTW Game 5:

I am voting for Cerebus , due to the fact that, as was stated before, they have not been very active, and, coupled with the fact that the innocents are changing their votes depending on the situation, Cerebus has not.

Obviously, that points to that person being a dictator, because they already know who is innocent and who is not. Of course, that still leaves the problem of the second dictator, but we shall cross that hurdle as we come across it.

While I don't think that someone behaving out of the norm is necessarily a definitely tell, at least you explained your choice with decent logic.

I'm definitely not certain about this, but I think it's the best choice with what I've seen.

vote: mackilroy

Sure it does. I'm not using the most logical strategy that a dictator would use. Of course, dictators don't have to be logical, but if they were to play my way they'd be far less effective.

Also, I'm changing my vote to Cerberus , since he seems suspicious (moreso than darth_vader).

We got 15 minutes left in the round, and still two people haven't voted... here's the way things stand now:

Cerberus- rebelswin_85
darth_vader- Mackilroy
1Eevee1- Cerebus
GutlessWonder-
Mackilroy- Cerebus
Mispeled- Mackilroy
rebelswin_85-

If those two don't vote soon, I will have to extend the round for one more day.

Okay, I'm extending the round for another 24 hours.

1. I have not posted that much because I have been busy and, as I said before I have not changed my mind.

2. Other people have been far less active than me. Two of them didn't even show up to vote.

3. I don't think the situation has changed, the person I have accused has done nothing to change my mind except not show up, and you, 1Eevee1 have said that you think this is suspicious.

@cerberus, on Sep 3 2007, 03:12 AM, said in GTW Game 5:

2. Other people have been far less active than me. Two of them didn't even show up to vote.

3. I don't think the situation has changed, the person I have accused has done nothing to change my mind except not show up, and you, 1Eevee1 have said that you think this is suspicious.

This brings up a good point. I said earlier on D1 that we can't allow people to lurk and go under the radar: if they're town, we might lynch them simply on the basis they haven't been around. If they're dictators, obviously we might lynch someone else because we don't have any information on the lurkers. Come out and try to give us some information. Who do you think are likely to be dictators? Who do you think are the most innocent?

This post has been edited by Mispeled : 03 September 2007 - 09:45 AM

My sincere apologies for missing a Security Council vote. Following the bunny-organized assassination attempt back in May when I was involved in a car wreck, I was involved in a rehabilitation session where I was allowed to start putting weight on my once-broken knee. The session went well, and I can only hope my recovery will not be cut short by an ill-timed nuclear attack.

In an effort to break the current deadlock, I will vote for Mackilroy

@gutlesswonder, on Sep 3 2007, 08:58 PM, said in GTW Game 5:

My sincere apologies for missing a Security Council vote. Following the bunny-organized assassination attempt back in May when I was involved in a car wreck, I was involved in a rehabilitation session where I was allowed to start putting weight on my once-broken knee. The session went well, and I can only hope my recovery will not be cut short by an ill-timed nuclear attack.

When I said "give us some information" I didn't mean to roleplay up some excuse. Please give us something relevant to the game.