The Werewolf Game - Game 26

Oh, fine. I'll vote Eugene Chin (again, yes, I know) because his voice is damned annoying. And squeaky. And stuff.

@adam_0, on Jul 6 2008, 02:36 PM, said in The Werewolf Game - Game 26:

I will tell you right now that I am not a werewolf. I am a horrible liar. I just wanted to stir up things and see what happened, this being my first game. And he has toast in the Dark Ages, how cool is that?

I didn't list you because of toast, but because the wolves didn't kill anybody last night and you showed up late. And being a horrible liar means very little in a text-based environment.

Let's collect the evidence so far:
Eugene Chin sets "terrorist trap" by random voting in the first round.
Jacabyte jumps on EC.
EC explains the purpose of that "trap" and later I vote for Eugene Chin-- for the record I would have retracted my vote for Eugene Chin had I been at the computer 2 hours earlier, as internet access was irregular at the best this weekend (no longer a problem), and the reason I voted for him was simply that I didn't understand what he was saying as he explained himself-- long story short, I didn't understand the reference to the Manta Ploy nor did I have the time to click/read the links. All that I got from the explanation was that he had voted randomly and almost died for it, and he didn't want to do so again without good motivation-- to me it seemed like he was implying that he had a good reason to vote for SIB, in fact it was a "terrorist trap". For better or for worse, Mackilroy survived because of my initial (misguided) attack on EC and inactivity until after the round ended.
No terrorist nightkills were made. It's reasonable to expect that terrorists could get their crap in order in 12 hours, but in their defense I was going to dinner/no longer checking my computer shortly after the round ended and when I woke up the inactive phase was over. I was only present for 2 hours of the inactive phase, which would have been enough time for a terrorist to send a PM, but I could very easily have not been online at any point during the inactive phase, which is likely the case with the inactive terrorists. The longer days might make this problem go away, I seriously doubt that the terrorists intended there to be no nightkills... especially since a completely uneventful round like this helped us by giving the IA an investigation without the tradeoff of at least one dead innocent...
There really isn't enough information to tell so far simply from behavior. The existence of a person is the only thing we have to go on. While I don't like to go along with mrxak as he has been known to completely wreak havoc on a game if he's a terrorist because people listen to him, the reasoning that the terrorists likely showed up late and that SIB, Rebelious, and Templar also showed up late is the best thing we have to go on. I don't want the terrorists to get a free kill this time, as I suspect they WILL make a kill tonight, so I'm going to vote Templar98921 in the hopes that we get lucky and he's a wolf... but I disagree with mrxak's suggestion that we kill all 3 of the late arrivers first. The wolves likely all showed up late, didn't agree on a kill (unlikely, I think ONE rogue wolf would have sent prophile a PM with the "team's" decision had there been heated debate between them rather then allow nothing to happen), or simply missed the short-ish inactive phase. Killing the late arrivers deals with one of those possibilities but it eliminates the possibility at the possible expense of 3 innocent lives. I think killing one of them on the freak chance that all 3 wolves were simply not in the game until then isn't a bad idea but if that turns out to be an incorrect assumption we shouldn't be obsessive about taking out any more late arrivers, it will be counterproductive in actually finding the wolves.

ARRGH! This always happens! The only time I haven't been voted out in the second round was when I was a wolf!

You people aggravate me.

calms down

Right, I'm not a wolf. Personally, I'm going to vote for Jacabyte. He's missed the point of my earlier statement, and claimed (rather egotistically) that the wolves could only be given away by voting for Eugene and him. Logically anyone they voted for could have given us an insight into the way they are going to play for the rest of the game. If they'd taken out me, Rebeliousor SoItBegins and had a perfectly easy kill that would have implicated no-one. The could have voted for Eugene, Jacabyte or Shlimazel and framed one of the others. Or they could have voted for anyone else and stayed with a relativley safe bet.

They could have been lazy and failed to get their vote in on time, or it could be deliberate tactic to confuse us. Nightkills are not the only way wolves can win. They can start bandwagons and crush civilians. Think about it. All we have to go on is behavior and nightkills. If they don't nightkill, there goes one set of evidence. No-one can guarantee their behavior, so no nightkills is one of the ways to go.

In conclusion: Don't vote for me because I turned up late, it's probably happened to you all at some time or another.

I'll retract my vote against RJC Ultra and vote for... arg, I don't know.

What's weird is that only half of the people have voted (6 out of 12). Now I don't know what that means exactly, either they're just not interested or it's some sort of ploy that is utterly confusing to me.

@templar98921, on Jul 6 2008, 07:34 PM, said in The Werewolf Game - Game 26:

In conclusion: Don't vote for me because I turned up late, it's probably happened to you all at some time or another.

Yeah, happened to me this round. And SIB. So if I vote for you based on the fact that you turned up late, then I should be voting for myself, which would be just stupid. Therefore, you are off the hook.

We haven't heard from Eugene Chin this round, I'm wondering what he has to say about this...

Since I can't vote for Templar, I'll vote "against" him and tie the vote with a vote for Eugene Chin. You're gonna have to convince me why I should retract my vote a second time.

I haven't voted yet because I've been gone most of today. Also, since I've no clue who to vote for, I'll follow jrsh92's lead and vote for Templar.

The concept of the Manta Ploy, which I tried to use last round, was to see who would go after an easy target for Lynching, the premise being that wolves would jump at such an opportunity.

JacaByte jumped on that bait last round.
JacaByte jumped on Templar this round, and Templar does tend to accrue votes easily *.

If I understand the argument against Templar correctly, it is this:

1. The wolves must have been late last night, since they missed their Night-Kill.
  2. Templar was late last night.
  3. Templar is suggesting that the wolves weren't late last night.
  4. Templar's suggestion shifts blame from the inactive players, and contradicts '1)'.
  5. Templar must, therefore, be a wolf.

Am I interpreting that right?

For '3)', Templar says he's just considering at a broader set of possibilities, and not just that it's a deliberate ploy.

I'm looking at a different set of arguments.

Notice who it is gunning for Templar:
mrxak despises Templar's superfluous numbers, and has voted for him in previous games on this.
This is the sort of sentiment a wolf could play upon to his advantage.

jrsh92 jumped to JacaByte's defense last round, because he didn't have the time to read what I was talking about with Manta's Game 23 Ploy.

Mackilroy is following jrsh92's lead, out of a lack of leads.

Is it a coincidence JacaByte is jumping at anybody who makes themselves vulnerable?
Is it a coincidence that jrsh92 is voting along side him twice now?

Possibly.

But I don't like coincidences in GTW **, and I don't like what these coincidences look like when you put them side by side.
So I'm still looking at JacaByte, but I will admit I could be jumping at shadows.

There aren't enough hours in the day for me to reformat and reconsider and re-research this all as much as I want to, and it's late here, so I'm just posting this as is.

_* Templarclaims that he's only survived past the second round of a game when he was evil. In his first game, Game 22, he did indeed get Lynched in the second round.
However, Templar survived as an Innocent for many rounds in Game 23. Although he was constantly on the #2 spot in the Lynching polls (in no small part due to that game's terrorists), he survived until he was Night-Killed late in the game.
Being in the hot seat for most of Game 23 could have fried his warped his brain into a perception of _always _being persecuted in every game, but he did, in fact survive, past the second round of a Game, as an Innocent.

** (or TWG, or TWA or WTG WTF...)_

Current Vote Tally:
Templar98921: (4)
JacaByte
mrxak
jrsh92
Mackilroy

Eugene Chin: (2)
Shlimazel
Rebelious

Rebelious: (1)
RJC Ultra

JacaByte: (1)
Templar98921

No Vote: (4)
darth_vader
Eugene Chin
kickme
SoItBegins

@eugene-chin, on Jul 7 2008, 01:18 AM, said in The Werewolf Game - Game 26:

Is it a coincidence JacaByte is jumping at anybody who makes themselves vulnerable?
Is it a coincidence that jrsh92 is voting along side him twice now?

Possibly.

But I don't like coincidences in GTW **, and I don't like what these coincidences look like when you put them side by side.
So I'm still looking at JacaByte, but I will admit I could be jumping at shadows.

I think it's been a while since wolves have voted alongside each other consistently. Don't you think if I was a wolf that I might make an effort to not vote alongside Jacabyte?
The first round was silliness and confusion on my part. I had different motivation than Jacabyte, mainly seeing your explanation post, being confused by it, and being angry about that. Jacabyte, however, didn't like you voting for SIB.
The second round I was voting with mrxak more than I was voting with Jacabyte, if you are OCD enough to need to assign me a "possible co-conspirator" every single time I make a vote. These two people both voted Templar but for different reasons. I liked mrxak's reasoning more but together they presented a convincing argument to me, similarly to how your argument for Jacabyte is becoming more and more convincing my the minute... but we're doing this one person at a time here. Templar was indeed absent when the wolves were inactive, I think that gains him more suspicion than voting because someone was an "easy target"... innocents have no more of an idea of who they want dead this early in the game than terrorists do, and face it, they want to save their own lives-- a very important goal of any player who wants to play the game, though sacrificing oneself for their cause is common place it isn't exactly thrilling-- so people are going to often go with targets that promote the least controversy until there's a better idea of what's going on.
The only person I would accuse of "looking for an easy kill" at this point is Mackilroy. If he didn't know who to vote for, he could have abstained. By voting Templar, he buried him even deeper, making it unlikely to impossible that Templar will survive this round. I don't see why someone who admittedly doesn't know what to do prefers bandwagons over inactivity when the bandwagon is not yet to the point where it's irreversible.
Don't get me wrong, seeing as how I would like Templar to die, I don't think Mack's actions had a negative effect on the outcome of this round, but on the other hand the fact that he was willing to have a significant effect on, well, anything, being fully aware and unashamed that the only reason was that he was "going with jrsh92" makes him look suspicious.

Oops. Sorry, Eugene Chin.

Nonetheless, everyone seems to gun for me. It's really annoying.

@adam_0, on Jul 7 2008, 04:51 AM, said in The Werewolf Game - Game 26:

I'll retract my vote against RJC Ultra

Thank you. I'll do the same.

I'm quite suspicious of Mack. He's jumping on bandwagons and giving no reasons for his votes.

I did give a reason. So far, things are very murky, so I'll do something safe and join somebody else's vote, especially since at least two of you decided I was dangerous enough to vote for me. I prefer being alive to help find and fight the werewolves, personally.

As the sun went down it became clear that the town wanted Templar dead. mrxak, Mackilroy, JacaByte and jrsh92 all grabbed hold of him and dragged him into the centre of town where they sliced off his limbs. They then set the body on fire.
"This is wrong," said RJC Ultra quietly as the body burned.
"You're right," said SoItBegins, understanding RJC Ultra.
They walked inside, and came out carrying slices of bread.
"Toast for all!" shouted SoItBegins.
The whole town cheered, except for Templar, who groaned slightly as he drew in his last breath.

IT IS NOW NIGHT! DO NOT SPEAK.

PMs please.

This post has been edited by prophile : 07 July 2008 - 04:23 PM

I thought the days were being lengthened. Shouldn't this round end tomorrow?

Yes, it should...

EDIT: Arg, he didn't lengthen it.

This post has been edited by Rebelious : 10 July 2008 - 07:02 AM

Last round ended on the fifth.
This round BeganYesterday.

Look at the link in my previous post again: prophile said he'd be lengthening All the times involved, not just the Night phases.

(EDIT)

@prophile, on Jul 4 2008, 12:24 PM, said in The Werewolf Game - Game 26:

Inactive players can be smited from on high, at my discretion.

If prophile's sole discretion looks anything like mrxak's "Two Absences == Death" rule, we could lose two more players than we should have because of this.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 07 July 2008 - 09:23 PM

Ahh I forgot about the night stuff, you're right.

...but should we be allowed to change our votes now?

I wanted toast too!

And thus the smiting of Templar continues.

EDIT: Umm... We are allowed death posts, right?

This post has been edited by Templar98921 : 07 July 2008 - 11:51 PM

I'm really tempted to go ahead and delete all of your posts, but it's a little late to knock off the discussion so I'll just let prophile fume.

Templar: unless explicitly denied, I'd say sure.