Global Thermonuclear War Game 24

I believe he said he would start trying to eat someones brains and that he would have to be headshotted.

Very interesting set-up. Who was the assassin's target?

Hypo.

@mrxak, on May 31 2008, 10:48 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

Okay, prophile wants to end his own life. That will indeed end the game. I guess you'll never find out what happens in the story, oh well, maybe in the reboot reboot. The metastory continues...

"What was that?"
"Just hold still, we must've had a power outage as a result of the attack. Emergency should kick in about... there we go."
"The system crashed, doctor."
"Check their vitals."
"They're alive, barely. Pushing 10 CCs."
"Gunshots are getting closer. We may have to hide subject MRX100 so they can't find him. Forget the other subjects, bring him to into that closet."
"But doctor!"
"Do it! There's no time!"

Oh, come on. You didn't let nfreader suicide, and we had prophile for hours before he decided to suicide.

What's the end of the story?

I DEMAND MORE BALLOON ANIMALS!

I agree with Eugene, I want a real ending. Also, Eugene, I notice that you hid a little clue to your innocence in an early post. I didn't see it until I went back much later highlighting everything so I could see mrxak's story. By that point I already knew you were innocent.

"Sleepy" and "Un-confrontational?"

At the time, I had thought he'd been directing that at me, specifically, so I went a little aggressive against EKHawkman, just... y'know...

... Because I Could.

Don't feel too bad. I got that message too, remember.

I got that message but I ignored the sleepy and unconfrontational part.

So when is 25 starting?

NEVER!!!!!!!!! BUM BUM BUM!!!!!!!!

Heh, I got the exact same message... Apparently the sleepy people are all innocent. 😉

The next time I run a TWG, I think that I will give the wolves the text of the PMs sent to the innocents. The kind of metagaming that Eugene Chin tried to pull was really inappropriate (I never got a PM, so I didn't recognize the text, but had I, I would have tattled to mrxak 😛 ).

xander

As I said, I thought it was a personal jab at Me, and had no reason to believe that anyone else had been given the same two descriptors.
I had even suspected that mrxak had given everyone two different descriptions.

And besides: The kind of abuses you're assuming I tried to do depend upon the fact that mrxak got carried away writing the PM's to Ordinary Delegates.

This:

You are an Ordinary Delegate. Your goal is to kill off the Traitors.

Would have served the same purpose, and removed the possibility of abuse.

And before you complain about the lack of flavor in the above:
I'd prefer it saved for a Real Ending.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 31 May 2008 - 07:46 PM

So why did you guys kill me in the second round? Was it to make manta look guilty, since we accused each other?

@rickton, on May 31 2008, 11:10 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

So what would have been the effects of zombification?

As I indicated, darwinian would have died at the end of round 4. There would have been no other casualties as a result of his brain-lust, he probably would have just attacked a janitor or something.

As for the "real" ending, well, you'll just have to tune in next game I host, eh?

We Had prophile, don't be cheap. He only conceded when it was clear we were lynching him anyway.

His concession is no excuse for depriving us of an ending.

Or, did you simply not Have an ending?
There's so many plot holes in the whole story that the white text can't even be properly connected to the rest.

If everything is based on MRX100 memories, then the Council Caught all of the traitors, and there was no war.
Or, the doctors hooked up one of the Ordinary Delegates, and immediately learned which Delegates were found to have been traitors from There.

The War itself is unexplained, as if the traitors were all caught, the supporters were nuked into paste.

With the rest of the story so heavily disjointed, omitting an ending is simply poor writing.

And it's still possible that your next game ends with a terrorist victory, depriving us of a "Win" ending anyway.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 31 May 2008 - 10:07 PM

Yeah, bit it's more fun this way.

Just assume that MRX100 has a price on his head, or is being held by terrorists who want to find out what they did wrong, not the UN.