Global Thermonuclear War Game 24

prophile, it is time to nail you to a Tree.

To. A. Tree.

Round Seven Votes:
darth_vader -
Eugene Chin - prophile
JacaByte -
lemonyscapegoat -
prophile -
Rickton -

Eugene Chin , how could you?

That was fun.

The intelligence agent always makes this game much less interesting, in my opinion.

I said prophile last round and I'm sticking to it.

mrxak , because I saw him die, and I don't trust other zombies. 😉

xander

Sounds like prophile is one of the last of the bad bunch to go.

@prophile, on May 30 2008, 05:40 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

Eugene Chin, how could you?

Because I've got nails, and a tree, and now that Mispeled is dead, we need a new body.

You're it.

Ain't no one else looks a might guiltier'n prophile. Me, Eugene, Jaca, and Rickton were named by Mispeled, who as we all know now, was indeed the intelligence agent. Even if we're wrong and it turns out to be lemony we can vote him off next round, but prophile's vote for a known innocent clinches it as far as I'm concerned. With this vote, the countdown should start.

sigh

Prophile withdraws a pistol hidden in his jacket pocket, yells "Death to the infidels!" and promptly commits a genocide against the balloon animals, and then shoots himself.

Congratulations, innocents, game over.

That was a good game. I greatly enjoyed leading y'all on wild goose chases the whole time.

The party isn't over until mrxak says it is, but it looks as if the innocents have won, doesn't it?

I'm surprised, I lived throughout the entire game, and got a terrorist killed out of dumb luck. I wasn't even an IA. Pretty spectacular, don't you think? I'm proud of myself. 🙂

I played pretty badly for the first half of the game. It wasn't until after I almost got Jacabyte killed but then luckily didn't that I realized what was going on, mostly.

Huh. And can you believe, before I got killed, I actually thought Mispeled was a terrorist!

I never wanted to be a terrorist anyway.

I wanted to be a lumberjack.

The terrorists were split into two cells, two people in each, and we got kills on alternate nights. We didn't know who the other cell were. kickme and myself were one cell, templar and jrsh92 were the other. The banter between kickme and myself on the first day was intentional, but Templar<numbers I can't remember> and myself were unaware that we were on the same team.

So I nearly got a terrorist? That would have set my innocence up nicely.

Ah well. It was not to be. Well done everybody.

Now to see how Clara and the Doctor get on...

Okay, prophile wants to end his own life. That will indeed end the game. I guess you'll never find out what happens in the story, oh well, maybe in the reboot reboot. The metastory continues...

Anyway, here were the roles, although most everyone knows what they are now:

egroeg
You are an assassin
You have been specially trained by the special intelligence service of your government, then appointed to your current position. Your cover is that of an ordinary delegate, but you have been a spy for your government from the beginning. However, you have recently been recruited by a splinter group with dark aims. Your first assignment from this group is to eliminate a specific target. But to find them will require careful investigation, using the skills you learned as a spy.

Every even-numbered round, you will be able to assassinate one delegate in the first inactive phase. Your government is expecting you to eliminate terrorists, and indeed if you should do that, the innocents, as you are posing to be, will have won. However, the splinter group has tasked you with eliminating a specific target instead. Should you successfully eliminate that person, you will receive immunity from a single kill attempt, as the splinter group has a well-prepared extraction for when you complete your mission. Should somebody else kill your target, you will not receive credit nor the escape plan from the splinter group. However, your government will expect you to eliminate the terrorists as planned.

Every round, you will be allowed to investigate one person in the second inactive phase. The information you will get will only be related to your splinter group mission. Terrorists will not be revealed by your investigations, only your assassination target.

Hypochondriac
You are a mad scientist
In addition to being a fairly ordinary delegate, you have a strange hobby. For years you have been working in secret on a device to resurrect the dead. Finally, you have perfected it, and you are eager to begin real tests. As a UN delegate, you don't generally have a lot of access to corpses, but you find this new crisis a valuable opportunity.

Once in every two rounds (1st+2nd, 3rd+4th, etc.), during the second inactive phase, you will have the chance to resurrect anybody killed during the active phase or first inactive phase of the round. You will be unable to resurrect yourself, should you die, however anyone dying from a vote-off, terrorist strike, or any other way, you can bring back to life.

As your device is still a prototype, you cannot be certain that anyone brought back to life will stay alive for very long, nor can you be sure there won't be any zombification. Results may be unpredictable.

Mackilroy
You are totally paranoid
You're not crazy, they really are out to get you. Lucky for you, when they finally succeed, you will be avenged. You have arranged for an assassin to eliminate anyone of your choosing, as written down on a paper in an envelope on your desk. Should you die, the envelope will be opened by your assassin's contact, and your will will be done.

Every round during the active phase or either inactive phase, you may inform me of your choice. That name will be assassinated upon your death. Should you change your mind at any time during your life, simply inform me of the new target.

How you use this ability is entirely up to you, just remember, they are out to get you.

Mispeled
You are a spy
You have been specially trained by the special intelligence service of your government, then appointed to your current position. Your cover is that of an ordinary delegate, but you have been a spy for your government from the beginning.

Every round, during the second inactive phase, you may investigate one delegate. The information you receive will indicate if the person targeted is a terrorist or not, but no further details will be given. Should you target a special role, you may find that they have been doing certain unusual activities, but no details will be given about what role they have.

jrsh92, Templar98921
You are a terrorist
You are a member of one of two cells, working to eliminate all others in the game. Your cell is made up of two delegates, jrsh92 and Templar98921. You do not know who is in the other cell, only that your overall leader has assigned you to kill one delegate every other round, while the other cell kills delegates in the other rounds.

Every odd-numbered round, you will be able to kill one delegate in the first inactive phase. Decide amongst your cell who you wish to target, then inform me and they will be eliminated simultaneously with their country being nuked.

kickme, prophile
You are a terrorist
You are a member of one of two cells, working to eliminate all others in the game. Your cell is made up of two delegates, kickme and prophile. You do not know who is in the other cell, only that your overall leader has assigned you to kill one delegate every other round, while the other cell kills delegates in the other rounds.

Everyone Else
You are a fairly ordinary delegate
You get sleepy easily, you're scared of confrontation, but you do get excited over parliamentary procedure. It's not your fault, really, you were an afterthought political appointment, and only got the job because of your relatives in the government. As a fairly ordinary delegate, you have no special abilities in the inactive phases, but you do have a vote in the active phase.

For the record, egroeg's target was Hypochondriac, but Hypochondriac died before egroeg found him

In summary:

Round One Special Roles:
egroeg		  - AS	
Hypochondriac	  - MS	darwinian
jrsh92		  - ED1	Mackilroy
Mackilroy	  - TP	SoItBegins
Mispeled	  - IA	Rickton
Templar98921	  - ED1	Mackilroy

Round One Votes:
darth_vader	  -	SoItBegins
darwinian	  -	jrsh92
egroeg		  -	kickme
EKHawkman	  -	LNSU
Eugene Chin	  -	LNSU
Hypochondriac	  -	Manta
JacaByte	  -	darwinian
jrsh92		  -	darwinian
kickme		  -	prophile
lemonyscapegoat  -	darwinian
LNSU		  -	darwinian
Mackilroy	  -	SoItBegins
Manta		  -	Hypochondriac
Mispeled	  -	nfreader
nfreader		  -	prophile
prophile		  -	SoItBegins
Rickton		  -	nfreader
RJC Ultra	  -	darwinian
SoItBegins	  -	prophile
Templar98921	  -	LNSU

darwinian voted out.
Mackilroy killed.
SoItBegins TP'd
darwinian brought back to life.

Round Two Special Roles:
egroeg		  - AS	kickme
Hypochondriac	  - MS	(can't use this round)
kickme		  - ED2	Hypochondriac
Mispeled	  - IA	darth_vader
prophile		  - ED2	Hypochondriac

Round Two Votes:
darth_vader	  -	kickme
darwinian	  -	EKHawkman
egroeg		  -	EKHawkman
EKHawkman	  -	Manta
Eugene Chin	  -	nfreader
Hypochondriac	  -	Manta
JacaByte	  -	lemonyscapegoat
jrsh92		  -	nfreader
kickme		  -	nfreader
lemonyscapegoat  -	lemonyscapegoat
LNSU		  -	jrsh92
Manta		  -	EKHawkman
Mispeled	  -	nfreader
nfreader		  -	nfreader
prophile		  -	LNSU
Rickton		  -	EKHawkman
RJC Ultra	  -	nfreader
Templar98921	  -	Manta

nfreader voted out.
Hypochondriac killed.
kickme assassinated.

Round Three Special Roles:
egroeg		  - AS	(target eliminated)
jrsh92		  - ED1	LNSU
Mispeled	  - IA	JacaByte
Templar98921	  - ED1	LNSU

Round Three Votes:
darth_vader	  -	lemonyscapegoat
darwinian	  -	EKHawkman
egroeg		  -	lemonyscapegoat
EKHawkman	  -	JacaByte
Eugene Chin	  -	JacaByte
JacaByte	  -	Rickton
jrsh92		  -	JacaByte
lemonyscapegoat  -	EKHawkman
LNSU		  -	LNSU
Manta		  -	EKHawkman
Mispeled	  -	lemonyscapegoat
prophile		  -	EKHawkman
Rickton		  -	JacaByte
RJC Ultra	  -	Mispeled
Templar98921	  -	EKHawkman

EKHawkman voted out.
LNSU killed.

Round Four Special Roles:
egroeg		  - AS	
Mispeled	  - IA	Eugene Chin
prophile		  - ED2	darwinian

Round Four Votes:
darth_vader	  -	JacaByte
darwinian	  -	Templar98921
egroeg		  -	egroeg
Eugene Chin	  -	Templar98921
JacaByte	  -	Templar98921
jrsh92		  -	darwinian
lemonyscapegoat  -	lemonyscapegoat
Manta		  -	Templar98921
Mispeled	  -	prophile
prophile		  -	darwinian
Rickton		  -	JacaByte
RJC Ultra	  -	JacaByte
Templar98921	  -	prophile

Templar98921 voted out.
darwinian killed.

Round Five Special Roles:
egroeg		  - AS	(target eliminated)
jrsh92		  - ED1	Manta
Mispeled	  - IA	lemonyscapegoat

Round Five Votes:
darth_vader	  -	RJC Ultra
egroeg		  -	egroeg
Eugene Chin	  -	RJC Ultra
JacaByte	  -	RJC Ultra
jrsh92		  -	JacaByte
lemonyscapegoat  -	RJC Ultra
Manta		  -	RJC Ultra
Mispeled	  -	RJC Ultra
prophile		  -	Manta
Rickton		  -	Rickton
RJC Ultra	  -	RJC Ultra

RJC Ultra voted out.
Manta killed.

Round Six Special Roles:
egroeg		  - AS	
Mispeled	  - IA	
prophile		  - ED2	Mispeled

Round Six Votes:
darth_vader	  -	jrsh92
egroeg		  -	egroeg
Eugene Chin	  -	jrsh92
JacaByte	  -	jrsh92
jrsh92		  -	prophile
lemonyscapegoat  -	prophile
Mispeled	  -	jrsh92
prophile		  -	jrsh92
Rickton		  -	prophile

egroeg eliminated for not voting.
jrsh92 voted out.
Mispeled killed.

Round Seven Special Roles:
prophile		  - ED	

Round Seven Votes:
darth_vader	  -	prophile
Eugene Chin	  -	prophile
JacaByte	  -	prophile
lemonyscapegoat  -	
prophile		  -	prophile (suicide)
Rickton		  -	prophile

I was rather hoping that Mackilroy and Hypochondriac would have lived longer, so they could have added more complexity as the game continued. I was also dismayed at how quickly some of the terrorists and special roles died, much of it at random. Still, it was fun to host.

"What was that?"
"Just hold still, we must've had a power outage as a result of the attack. Emergency should kick in about... there we go."
"The system crashed, doctor."
"Check their vitals."
"They're alive, barely. Pushing 10 CCs."
"Gunshots are getting closer. We may have to hide subject MRX100 so they can't find him. Forget the other subjects, bring him to into that closet."
"But doctor!"
"Do it! There's no time!"

Bugger, I got killed. Sorry about the absence folks I completely forgot I was going on holiday for a week with no internet access, I tried posting from the library (free internet access in the UK) but the page was blocked by their firewall. Apart from that blunder I think this game went quite well I even managed to assassinate terrorrist YAY!!

So what would have been the effects of zombification?