Nebula: Operation High Tide

I see. Odd. What I downloaded when you released D.O.A was full of bugs, like all the delivery missions going first to New Sparta, and then not even having a red flag to the real destination... Oh well. I'll just play my version. πŸ™‚

@geek, on May 6 2008, 08:46 PM, said in Nebula: Operation High Tide:

I see. Odd. What I downloaded when you released D.O.A was full of bugs, like all the delivery missions going first to New Sparta, and then not even having a red flag to the real destination... Oh well. I'll just play my version. πŸ™‚

Oh, sure. You have to bring THAT up. <_< πŸ˜‰ Forgot about that biggie.

Cosmic! About time you showed up again! glee

I am ready and waiting to begin beta-testing when you're ready. I'm in school, so I might not have much time, but I'll be able to give feedback, at least! πŸ™‚

Welcome back, Cosmic Nuisance! Good to hear the news. That planet is epic and full of win.

@cosmic_nusiance, on May 6 2008, 11:10 PM, said in Nebula: Operation High Tide:

As a Bonus TeaserΒ™, I am including one of my signature leave-you-hanging-with-your-jaw-on-the-floor images. Enjoy! πŸ˜‰ Note: This is the lo-res version.

Nice planet. Question though: how big is it in-game? There's been lots of discussion about "how big planets should be" so that all kinds of people can play the game without it lagging (and now that some of the newest Macs dislike Nova, "less processor power" is the word here).

@pace, on May 8 2008, 05:34 AM, said in Nebula: Operation High Tide:

Nice planet. Question though: how big is it in-game? There's been lots of discussion about "how big planets should be" so that all kinds of people can play the game without it lagging (and now that some of the newest Macs dislike Nova, "less processor power" is the word here).

I'm planning for it to be a tad smaller than earth. Since earth isn't all that big, it shouldn't lag that much. πŸ˜‰ It's so big in the original format because the texture I used was HUGE and because I may use it for an image/promo/intro screen. You knever know. Plus, it looks cool zoomed to 200x magnification. πŸ˜‰

how can i get the original plugin? :huh:

Hey everybody, me again. The plug has been on hiatus for the last month while I work on a revamped version of D.O.A. I've taken an english class between the release and now, so I haz much b3tt3r wr1tng ski11z0rz. I am re-writing all the rushed descriptions, as well as (hopefully) fixing all the bugs for GOOD. I go through phases of interest in different subjects, and I'm starting to get back into the excitement of programing, so there may be a few other surprises added in as well. πŸ˜„

And he returns!

I wondered where you'd gotten to, man.

Can't wait to see what's in store! Hopefully by the time you're ready for beta-testing, I'll be done with school for the moment. πŸ™‚

Can't wait. I also hope to beta test.

Great to see that people haven't given up on it after all this time!

How's the revamp going? I wasnt around when D.O.A. came out and now I cant get a hold of it at all ...

if you want D.O.A. PM Geek about it. He has self revamped version.

Heh. It's not much but my original dev files with all the bugs squashed. I sent it to CN for the final release, but I think it was corrupted when I sent it. Granted, I hadn't been using Plugin Archiver yet.

Thanks guys. I read about Geek's copy elsewhere, but since I've only just gotten back to Nova after 3 years away, I still have a fair few things to play, so I'll just wait for the official revamp.

I just wanted to voice my interest, is all - Kont, though a single system with 1 associated mission, is one of the parts of nova that stuck most to my mind πŸ™‚

I agree. The mystery of Kont is the most interesting in the Novaverse.

Wasn't there a vaporware TC based mostly off of that mission?

Edit: I guess it would have technically been a quasi-TC.

This post has been edited by Crusader Alpha : 19 November 2008 - 12:34 PM

Sup u dawgs!
Not sure how many guys from back in the day are still on here who would remember this little plug, but I'm actually still alive and kicking. For a while I considered abandoning Nebula, but I think I'm going to start from scratch and pretend D.O.A. never happened. Basically, I'm re-starting this project. In the last two years or so I started work on a graphic novel and started studying art (Hoping to go to Art Center to get a degree in Entertainment Design), so I think I have a new perspective on things (I can whip up some more or less wicked concept art, too!). I stopped playing Nova for about two years (I picked up EVE Online for a while, pretty cool game), but I'm starting to get back into it. If anyone wants to help on this project, by all means let me know. Mostly I need modellers, although I'm willing to learn to model if nobody is able to do that.

In summary, still alive, re-thinking Nebula, starting from scratch, volunteers appreciated, For Great Justice(!). That's about it, y'all. πŸ˜„

Wow it has been a long time, wb.

@coraxus, on Oct 5 2010, 08:56 PM, said in Nebula: Operation High Tide:

Wow it has been a long time, wb.

One could say the same thing to you, dude. πŸ˜„

Good luck on this, Cosmic. Thanks for the advice.