I'm well into developing a TC....

TC done yet? Is it? Is it? 😄 Actually the Liberty pirates had bloodhounds (Rogues), starfliers(Xenos) and daggers(Outcasts) in the beginning. And I found the Eagle to be the best Super Heavy Fighter.

That's because the eagle WAS the best super heavy fighter, aside from maybe that freakin' big Corsair super heavy fighter. I don't remember what it was called. The Banshee and Valkyrie were pretty sweet little ships, though.

Yeah, I know, Rheinland had all the best ships though they were a very poor nation, I believe. The Corsair Titan, the Outcast Sabre, the Civvie Eagle, and the Bounty Hunter Hammerhead, though the Hammerhead was notably the weakest (could only mount up to class9 guns), and while the Civvie Eagle technically has the least firepower of the Titan and Sabre, as well as armor, it is a helluva lot more maneuverable and faster, thus making it a favorite for players (unless if was a cheat-type server like TFL).

My favourite part was looting ship graveyards to get the uber high tech weapons. I think I'll implement that in my TC, that was the best part of that game. (aside from exploring asteroid fields).

No, hitting trade lanes and disappearing into an asteroid field, taking a jump hole to the next system over, and selling the goods at a nearby friendly pirate base was the funnest part of the game. You should put jump holes in your TC.

Okay, time for today's update! I started work on a minor mission string, repaired a mission that didn't work properly, and fixed up the scene for when you start as a pirate. Playing as a pirate at the moment is HARD, because the Pirate Cobra is a less powerful ship than some, though it does have a lot of cargo space for a fighter.

Wow, if the review is any indication... wow. I'm gonna d/l it and try it out.

1,000th post!!!!! YAY! I WIN!

Haha, congrats, but you were a major step ahead 😛

Agreed with the super heavy fighters, but the best ship remains the tiny kusari drake. Completed the story in one of those easier than with the bigger ones... it's just insane small and turns like crazy. Also, while the eagle is almost certainly the best pick, the Sabre holds its own because its turret is front firing. Titan is a damage sponge.

But guys, you should try The Void mod. It has a lot of cool ships, a few cools new systems, a few more uncool new systems, new weapons, derelicts and enemies! It's awesome. The Void.

On topic: pirate string! Cool! And whatever if it's hard. Nova was mostly easy if you didn't restraint yourself... And I agree with zapp about wormholes. They definitely make sense for pirates 😉 As for strings of 8 to 12 missions, it's a fair number, especially if you're planning on having many strings. And definitely, random missions and things like that that surprise the players are the most fun if it's well done. Breaking the routine flow of the game is refreshing. It can also be intriguing. But negative consequences, like in nova ( being stuck with a major storyline you didn't want ), does annoy some players... Just my opinion...

@zapp, on Sep 11 2007, 03:22 PM, said in I'm well into developing a TC....:

Wow, if the review is any indication... wow. I'm gonna d/l it and try it out.

&#@%! What's your title going to be?

OK, I had this idea after playing that great expansion. Credit cards. You shell out, like, 1000 credits for the card itself, which does nothing but set a bit that allows you to withdraw money, which would be outfits that gave you missions. The missions would set another bit which would then activate a cron that would activate <insert a time later> and charge you what you withdrew plus interest. Pretty cool, eh? I have more, but I don't feel like writing them here. PM me if you want my $0.05.

This idea is copywrited by zapp, you must get his permission before using it OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES.

And, umm... Cosmic, how do I change my title?

It seems like a waste of bits, outfits, crons and missions to me. Of course, you could make it interesting by triggering bounty hunters attacking you if you don't pay your bill after a month...

@zapp, on Sep 11 2007, 06:09 PM, said in I'm well into developing a TC....:

OK, I had this idea after playing that great expansion. Credit cards. You shell out, like, 1000 credits for the card itself, which does nothing but set a bit that allows you to withdraw money, which would be outfits that gave you missions. The missions would set another bit which would then activate a cron that would activate <insert a time later> and charge you what you withdrew plus interest. Pretty cool, eh? I have more, but I don't feel like writing them here. PM me if you want my $0.05.

This idea is copywrited by zapp, you must get his permission before using it OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES.

And, umm... Cosmic, how do I change my title?

I... don't really know. All I know is that you get one when you hit 1,000 posts.

I think I can change it in my profile; there's even a field, but I don't see it taking effect...

Ah, there it is! I am now.... Da Uncatchable! Smuggler extraordinare, I can move large amounts of of high-risk not-so-legal cargo right past fifteen Federation inspection squads without ever getting caught. How? It's a secret.

This post has been edited by zapp : 11 September 2007 - 09:56 PM

"I use these for smuggling. I never knew I'd be smuggling myself in them one day..."

Agreed with the super heavy fighters, but the best ship remains the tiny kusari drake. Completed the story in one of those easier than with the bigger ones... it's just insane small and turns like crazy. Also, while the eagle is almost certainly the best pick, the Sabre holds its own because its turret is front firing. Titan is a damage sponge.

Personally, I recall liking the Dromedary freighter the most. I always became an enemy of the lane hackers by accident before I could get it, though. My other favourite was the police banshee from Rhineland.

But guys, you should try The Void mod. It has a lot of cool ships, a few cools new systems, a few more uncool new systems, new weapons, derelicts and enemies! It's awesome. The Void.

Sounds nifty, I'll have to check that out.

On topic: pirate string! Cool! And whatever if it's hard. Nova was mostly easy if you didn't restraint yourself... And I agree with zapp about wormholes. They definitely make sense for pirates As for strings of 8 to 12 missions, it's a fair number, especially if you're planning on having many strings. And definitely, random missions and things like that that surprise the players are the most fun if it's well done. Breaking the routine flow of the game is refreshing. It can also be intriguing. But negative consequences, like in nova ( being stuck with a major storyline you didn't want ), does annoy some players... Just my opinion...

Breakin' the law! Breakin' the law! But yeah, the pirate string will be nifty, sometimes unpleasant (after all, pirates aren't exactly friendly) and very, very hard. 8-12 will be good, because I will be having a lot of mission strings. Being stuck with major storylines won't happen very often, if at all, though, so that'll be good.

That would be... really hard to do. I'm afraid that idea, though I admit it IS cool, would just be too hard to be practical. Go ahead and send me your ideas, if you want too, I can always use more.

Ah, there it is! I am now.... Da Uncatchable! Smuggler extraordinare, I can move large amounts of of high-risk not-so-legal cargo right past fifteen Federation inspection squads without ever getting caught. How? It's a secret.

It's because I'm standing behind them with my plasma rifle pointed at their heads, warning them not to notice your cargo 😉

@shlimazel, on Sep 12 2007, 02:25 PM, said in I'm well into developing a TC....:

It's because I'm standing behind them with my plasma rifle pointed at their heads, warning them not to notice your cargo 😉

I was wondering what you were doing back there.

I was wondering what you were doing back there.

Shlimazel sometimes does strange things, but they are always extremely dangerous things 😉

Okay, I've done no work today because I got distracted with real work and I'm beat now. So now I think I'll play some kind of mindless action game, maybe Medal of Honor. I wish I had a PS3.....

Hmm. I might put the word out about some items of graphics I'd like help with soon, mainly planets and landing pics.

I LIVE dangerously! Yesterday, I ran with scissors!

Today I stood a foot away from a 6 foot drop!!