How do you use the editor and how to use made plugins

is it just a weapon from data 4?

Yea, just any old weapon will do. Well.. I'm off to bed now. Just post and I'll get back to you sometime tomorrow night, but I'm sure you'll find someone else to help you.

Ok thanks for all the help Crashe

How do you add a discription to the planet can someone tell me?

This post has been edited by Grolin : 13 August 2006 - 01:11 AM

Using a dësc resource. The landing dësc ID is the same as the spöb resource ID (that is, if your planet has ID 420 (for example) then your dësc must also have ID 420).

OK ok.. I lied, not asleep yet. I was updating my Screenshots Contest thread.. have you checked that out, Grolin?

Anyways, to add a description, first open up your spöb, and look near the bottom. You should see a couple of labels, with an ID number next to them. For your planet's description, see the "Landing Desc ID".. the number beside that is your description ID. Go to your desc resources, create a new one, and give it the ID provided by your spöb. Voila! Same goes for the bar desc.

EDIT Alright, seriously, I'm going to bed now.. it's after 2 A.M. and I gotta wake up early in the morning.... Au revoir!

This post has been edited by Crashe : 13 August 2006 - 01:19 AM

And that number displayed is always the same as the resource ID as Belthazar said.

Oh yeah, the bar dësc. The ID of the bar dësc (as given in the spöb resource dialogue box on EVNEW, as Crashe said) is related to the spöb by: Bar dësc ID = spöb ID - 128 + 10000. So if your spöb is 420 as in my example above, the bar dësc has ID 10292.

Nice.. I was just simplifying things a bit 🙂 Gah!! I just can't seem to make it to bed....

The trouble is, I'm not entirely certain whether the Mac plugin editors display the dësc IDs in the spöb resource dialogue box - I can only say for certain that it does on EVNEW. 🙂

what are submunitions?

and i still dont under stand what you said about the desc stuff?

This post has been edited by Grolin : 13 August 2006 - 01:39 AM

A submunition is where a missile (for example) splits into one or more other weapons after launching. If you've ever seen a Polaran multi-torp in action, that's a submuntitioning weapon. (So is the Krypt Nanite weapon, but as it only generates a single subminition, it's not half so obvious.)

What exactly don't you understand about "the dësc stuff"? The whole concept of ID numbers is pretty basic, and not terribly hard to grasp.

This post has been edited by Belthazar : 13 August 2006 - 01:41 AM

ok i know what they are now, for putting weapons on stations and planets you put full ID number right?

What are classes i know what how to use enemies and allies but not classes

Do you put full or just part of the goverments number in the enimies ex fed 128 what part would u use

This post has been edited by Grolin : 13 August 2006 - 01:45 AM

Classes are groups to which governments belong. If you think you understand allies and enemies but not classes, then you don't understand allies and enemies. The allies are the classes to which the current government is an ally. Ditto for the enemies.

Ok that didnt make any sense sry bout that can u explain the way to use the class, ally, etc system

This post has been edited by Grolin : 13 August 2006 - 01:59 AM

In case anyone's interested, Y is positive going down the screen because that's how CRT monitors operate. 🙂 The electron beam scans from top-left to bottom-right.

Classes are just arbitrary numbers. First govt's are assigned classes. Eg, you might put "Good Guys" in class 1, "Good Guys' Friends" in class 2 and "Evil Dudes" in class 3. Then you set "Good Guys" ally to 2 and enemy to 3.

In case anyone's interested

So that's why the Y is reversed... but who uses CRT monitors anymore?
🆒

Alright, Grolin, listen up.

An ally is used to specify one specific gov't as an ally. I.e, 128 and 195 (That's the Fed's and my gov't from my plug)

An enemy is used to specify one specific gov't as an enemy. I.e, 195 and 166 (two rival shipping companies)

A class on the other hand, just reduces typing. If there are two gov'ts that share the same allies and/or enemies, then one would group them into a class, and input that number into one of the Ally/Enemy Fields. I.e, if a gov't were to like humans and not aliens, you could, for sake of space, make a class with all human gov'ts in it, and a class with all alien gov'ts in it. Then, input that number for humans into the allies, and the other (aliens) for the enemies. Got it?

This post has been edited by Crashe : 13 August 2006 - 07:29 AM

If you'll buy me a nice plasma screen, I can say "not me".

Nice... I'll think about it.

@crashe, on Aug 13 2006, 10:21 PM, said in How do you use the editor and how to use made plugins:

An ally is used to specify one specific gov't as an ally. I.e, 128 and 195 (That's the Fed's and my gov't from my plug)

An enemy is used to specify one specific gov't as an enemy. I.e, 195 and 166 (two rival shipping companies)

No, the Ally and Enemy fields are used to specify up to four specific classes as a allies or enemies. If you place gövt ID numbers here, the game will at best do nothing (as it sees noone in class 128, for example). If only one government has a specific set of allies or enemies, then you give it a unique class number, but you still need to use this class number in the Ally and Enemy fields of the gövt resources in question.

I still dont understand how to make allies could someone maybe get a picture of a set with discripition