How do you use the editor and how to use made plugins

Ok i am wondering if anyone is still reading this thred lol how do i make a discripition of the bars?

Wow i found novbia ex-boss in my made system lol

This post has been edited by Grolin : 13 August 2006 - 10:46 AM

@belthazar, on Aug 13 2006, 01:29 AM, said in How do you use the editor and how to use made plugins:

Oh yeah, the bar dësc. The ID of the bar dësc (as given in the spöb resource dialogue box on EVNEW, as Crashe said) is related to the spöb by: Bar dësc ID = spöb ID - 128 + 10000. So if your spöb is 420 as in my example above, the bar dësc has ID 10292.

This number is also displayed when you make a spöb resource if you check the "Has a bar" flag (which you must do anyway).

This post has been edited by dr neverhood : 13 August 2006 - 10:48 AM

so if my station is 2001 it would be 11873? for bar desc

Correct.

This post has been edited by dr neverhood : 13 August 2006 - 10:53 AM

i am still wondering how do u put a fleet defece in a system

Edit: Wait I confused myself, I'll get back to you.

Okay, okay...

You must make a dude resource to be your defense fleet. You can specify which ships are part of the fleet. Then enter that resource number into the spob's Defense Dude field. Below that is the Defense Count. This is where you tell Nova how many total ships you want to come from the planet. You can check the "Defense fleet comes in waves" box and then enter the Defense Wave Size. This must be a number from 1-9.

Note: These are the ships that come when you demand tribute. They will not show up otherwise. If you are looking for reinforcements that show up when there are enemies in the system, that is done through the system (syst) resource.

This post has been edited by dr neverhood : 13 August 2006 - 11:21 AM

you i have a dude set up for a fleet to show up at the planet every thime you enter the system or do you have to use a fleet not dude. and just wondering where i can find the ships for persons in system area.

Ok the def fleet what would you use for that the dudes of a fleet

Another thing how do i add outf to a outfiter

This post has been edited by Grolin : 13 August 2006 - 11:32 AM

Grolin, this is the fourth straight page of you just sitting there asking questions and getting answers. In my honest opinion, you have a poor grasp of some of the most basic concepts of making plugins in Nova - I mean, it took you the first two pages to understand the idea that ID numbers are used to identify a resource. Qaanol help us if we try to introduce the concept of the index number, which is used in several fields in Nova. I suggest you go to the EV Plugin Developer board, and read through some of the guides you'll find there. Make sure you set it to show all posts, if it isn't set as such already.

The answers to your last two questions are
- No, düdes and flëts are different. Learn the difference.
- Oütf resources appear in the outfitters automatically, provided the conditions for its availability are met. Learn what these conditions are.

Indeed, and also check out Zacha Pedro's Plugin Guide - you will need to select "Show All" from the menu at the bottom where it says "From: 30 days".

On that note, I think I'll move it over there. 🙂

Is there a way to make a defenceive fleet to flyaround the planet when you enter the system like in the vell os campain where the rebel planet is blockaded by the federation ships.

Do i just make pers or make a dude fleet.

If i have to use pers do i just make them the goverment of the planet and would they attack enimies.

i am haveing trouble with the dude fleets anyway if someone could explain to me how to use them.

And can someone please explain the way to use class allies and enimies.

@grolin, on Aug 14 2006, 12:26 PM, said in How do you use the editor and how to use made plugins:

Is there a way to make a defenceive fleet to flyaround the planet when you enter the system like in the vell os campain where the rebel planet is blockaded by the federation ships.

You can use dudes. Make your dude with a government then put it in the syst's dude types field. If you want to guarantee that it will show up set the corresponding dude probabilities field to 100.

But Grolin, you're going to have to read the bible and play with the resources on your own. This can't go on much longer.

I dont use the bible because i cant ask questions to a file

i donset tell me how to fix a problem just how to do the thing that isnt working

This post has been edited by Grolin : 14 August 2006 - 03:13 PM

It doesn't tell you how to fix a problem, no, but it does tell you how to do it right in the first place.

Yea but i sometimes cant grasp how to do it from a file while a person can explain it much more simplier for me lol i am stuiped i guess

For explaining, try looking at some of the guides around the place, as I suggested earlier.