How do you use the editor and how to use made plugins

@dr-neverhood, on Aug 13 2006, 12:00 AM, said in How do you use the editor and how to use made plugins:

So it would actually be to the lower left.

The Y axis is up side down the top right side is +,+ the bottom right is +,- the Left upper is -,+ and bottom left is -,-

That's how it should be, yes. The designer of the game made the y axis reversed for some reason. If you mess around with it, you'll notice.

This post has been edited by dr neverhood : 12 August 2006 - 11:04 PM

What i ment was i was altering the data files trying to add a new system but it wouldnt let me save the file over it with my system added.
Just wondering if i have to make a new file with only my system and related spobs in it. i am just wonder to if i can still use sol as a hypergate location or not

is the axis the same in the spob placement or just the system location

@grolin, on Aug 12 2006, 09:06 PM, said in How do you use the editor and how to use made plugins:

What i ment was i was altering the data files trying to add a new system but it wouldnt let me save the file over it with my system added.
Just wondering if i have to make a new file with only my system and related spobs in it. i am just wonder to if i can still use sol as a hypergate location or not

You shouldn't edit the data files directly -- make a plug-in instead. Plug-ins can reference systems etcetera that exist in the standard data files (so yes, you can use the coordinates of Sol as it exists in the data files to make your jump or gate link). Open a new EVNEW file and put in everything for your new system, give it an ID that isn't already used in the game, and once it's done and saved put it in the plug-ins folder and open Nova to see if it works.

This post has been edited by Cleindori : 12 August 2006 - 11:09 PM

Both.

This post has been edited by dr neverhood : 12 August 2006 - 11:09 PM

altering the data files

Eh, you might not wanna do that, you could end up damaging the data and not remembering what you did... just make a new .rez in EVNEW instead, it'll save you a lot of trouble.

use sol as a hypergate location

Yes, I get what you mean. Sol is not the hypergate location, the actual HG is the location. When you try linking two HG's together, you specify the spob ID of the other.

Same both ways.

is there anyway to see what graphic you are using for spob with out trying it in nova over and over again?

Whoops i mean hyper jump not gate sry for the mix up though, it's the same Id code to do it right?

is there anyway to see what graphic you are using for spob with out trying it in nova over and over again?

Yes, just click on the spin that you want and it will give you a preview of it.

Also, any system in a plug which has the same ID as a system in the standard data files will, as far as I know, overwrite the standard system.

Yea, he's right hehe... It slipped my mind.

Whoops i mean hyper jump not gate sry for the mix up though, it's the same Id code to do it right?

Yes, for a hyperlink to a system, you use that system's syst ID. Right on! You'll have to upload your plugin once you get something decent on there so I can check it out.

This post has been edited by Crashe : 12 August 2006 - 11:18 PM

Ok i understand

Here's a link to my plug-in, if you want to check it out. I had to use MegaUpload to get it up.

I am wondering if this can be used or not because it is not in spin resorces but is in rle8 number 2020 ring world for my steller graphic?

Grapics 2

This post has been edited by Grolin : 12 August 2006 - 11:31 PM

but is in rle8 number 2020 ring world for my steller graphic?

Which .rez file is it in?

UPDATE Um, if you try copying that into your plug-in, giving it the next number up in your pict resource (From the original Nova Files{probably 1069}) then maybe... Try it and find out

This post has been edited by Crashe : 12 August 2006 - 11:33 PM

It must be a spďn resource - find the spďn resource which refers to that particular rle8 (actually, it's referring to the rleD, which is pretty much equivalent, but better).

Yea, I tried putting that in there as an rle8 and put in the ID number for my spob's graphic (2020) and it turned out to be a weapon blast of some sort... didn't feel like figuring out which it was.

(actually, it's referring to the rleD, which is pretty much equivalent, but better).

So does that mean that you can use the rleD in substitute for a spin or no?

I got the system up but i dont think i can get the spin resorce of the ring world in the rld it just cuts off in spin at around 1000 the jumps up to 3000

its the segmented ring world but it doesnt show up in spin along with 1000 more planets and other spob's

This post has been edited by Grolin : 12 August 2006 - 11:42 PM

So does that mean that you can use the rleD in substitute for a spin or no?

Answering my own question.. no.

i dont think i can get the spin resorce of the ring world in the rld it just cuts off in spin at around 1000 the jumps up to 3000

Um.. what?

Ok, I'm going to make a new thread about this thing so as not to hijack your thread.. I've got some questions of my own.

This post has been edited by Crashe : 12 August 2006 - 11:42 PM

The spin area has up to 1064 then jumps to 3000 then stops again at 3032

in rleD it starts at 2000 at earth spob then ends at 2063 and then 2300 is jumped to then all the way up to the 4000 and stops at 4024

something like that its all split into different sections some are just gone

something like that its all split into different sections some are just gone

It's split up like that with the big gaps so as to leave room for plug-in development. The game was left open for plugs, and this is one of the ways it helps. Instead of adding all your resources at the end, they've left open some gaps for organizational purposes... i.e, the planets go with the planets, ships with ships, weapons with weapons.. something along those lines.

One sec lemme find it.

EDIT Pict files for your planet/Spacedock are located in Nova Titles 1-4.rez

This post has been edited by Crashe : 13 August 2006 - 12:04 AM

I found out why i had 1000 3000 in spin and 2000 4000 in rleD and rle8 just a stuiped move on my part shouldve look thorugh spin first found the ring world

Where can i find the picture u see when you land on the interface with the planet?