How do you use the editor and how to use made plugins

Thanks

No problem.. like I said, ask anytime 🆒

Ok i have a the system and planet all set up but the planet wont show up in the system for some reason?

Does the planet need a goverment ?

This post has been edited by Grolin : 13 August 2006 - 12:23 AM

Ok i have a the system and planet all set up but the planet wont show up in the system for some reason?

Alrighty... in your syst resource, did you specify a stellar object, which would be your planet?

Does the planet need a goverment ?

Nope. A planet doesn't need a gov't to show up in a system. If there is no gov't set (-1) then it will show up as Independent.

This post has been edited by Crashe : 13 August 2006 - 12:27 AM

@crashe, on Aug 13 2006, 01:25 AM, said in How do you use the editor and how to use made plugins:

Alrighty... in your syst resource, did you specify a stellar object, which would be your planet?

That would be the graphic right if so i do have that

That would be the graphic right if so i do have that

No, the stellar object is the spob resource of your planet. if your planet ID is 128 (that's Earth, btw) then that's what you'd put into one of the empty stellar object ID's for your system.

@crashe, on Aug 13 2006, 01:28 AM, said in How do you use the editor and how to use made plugins:

No, the stellar object is the spob resource of your planet. if your planet ID is 128 (that's Earth, btw) then that's what you'd put into one of the empty stellar object ID's for your system.

I think your right i just changed it gona check if it worked

I'm about to post a picture for you... might help... one sec, I'm uploading it.

EDIT Here ya go.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Crashe : 13 August 2006 - 12:37 AM

Ok werid every time i go to my system the game crashes?

Did you check out that picture I made for you? It might help a little bit.

@crashe, on Aug 13 2006, 03:36 PM, said in How do you use the editor and how to use made plugins:

EDIT Here ya go.

I give that a rating of... 8. 🙂

@grolin, on Aug 13 2006, 03:37 PM, said in How do you use the editor and how to use made plugins:

Ok werid every time i go to my system the game crashes?

Possibly you've set your planet's graphic to something invalid. What have you set it to? Alternately, is the Message Buoy field of the s˙st resource set to -1 if it's not used? It should be.

s˙st

Could you point me in a direction of how to make the special characters such as that?

Yea i did but everytime i try to check out if it worked EV nova crashes to the desktop and i have to reopen it.

Just try setting your graphic to 128 and see what happens. If it still crashes, it wasn't your spob graphic causing the error.

This post has been edited by Crashe : 13 August 2006 - 12:51 AM

Yea i did but everytime i try to check out if it worked EV nova crashes to the desktop and i have to reopen it.

i have it set to 1026 class M Dark clouds

Drop the 10, and just make it 26

i had it 1026 but i should of set it for 26

had it 1026 but i should of set it for 26

Yup, and here's why. Thanks Belthazar.

EDIT I quoted the wrong part... here's the correct quote.

As for entering the number into the spöb resource, it has been specifically set up such that the number you enter into the box is assumed to be 1xxx. Thus entering 35 is read by the game as 1035. Entering 1035 is read by the game as 2035, and presumably there was no spďn resource with that number, while 2035 is read as 3035, and presumably there is a spďn resource with that number. Either that, or you simply overflowed the field. This sort of confusion is why it's a good idea to look through the Nova Bible.

This post has been edited by Crashe : 13 August 2006 - 12:57 AM

@crashe, on Aug 13 2006, 03:49 PM, said in How do you use the editor and how to use made plugins:

Could you point me in a direction of how to make the special characters such as that?

On the PC, hold down alt, then type the following four numbers on the number pad:

ä = 0228
ë = 0235
ď = 0239
ö = 0246
ü = 0252
˙ = 0255

Note, num lock must be on, especially when typing the ö.

Edit: If you want to type other characters, open MS Word and select Insert > Symbol... Select "(normal text)" as the font, and where it says "Character Code" down the bottom, select "ASCII (decimal)" in the pull-down menu. Then when you click on a symbol, the symbol's ASCII code will be displayed in the Character Code box, and to make the symbol, simply hold down alt and type the number (adding as many zeroes on the front as required to make a four-digit number). Alternately, just double-click on the symbol in question to insert it into the Word document, then copy and paste. 🙂

This post has been edited by Belthazar : 13 August 2006 - 01:03 AM

äëďöü˙.. Awesome.. I'll remember that.. or at least save it in a .txt so I don't forget 😉

This post has been edited by Crashe : 13 August 2006 - 01:00 AM

Um where do you get the weapons for the station defences is it just a weapon from data 4?