Weapon Ideas

Announce your dream weapon to the world!

Poll: Weapon Type (25 member(s) have cast votes)
Weapon's Effect
Destroy everything within seconds of touch
(3 votes [12.00%])
Percentage of vote: 12.00%
Disable ships
(9 votes [36.00%])
Percentage of vote: 36.00%
Asteroid Mining
(0 votes [0.00%])
Percentage of vote: 0.00%
Normal Damage(Heavy Blaster Turret Damage)
(11 votes [44.00%])
Percentage of vote: 44.00%
Destroy everything on screen
(2 votes [8.00%])
Percentage of vote: 8.00%

Hello guys,
I made this poll for the reason of figuring out what weapons people would like most in their plugins. Some people are complete pryos, like me. :laugh: Others like to mine asteroids with cool graphics, others like to plunder their enemies :p, and other people just want good graphics. And who knows maybe your idea may pop up in a plugin someday. Also, try to have your weapon within the Nova engine boundries. If it isn't, it may end up different than what you expected. 😄 Alrighty, now for describing any unclear sections.

The weapon's effect
Pretty basic, just what do you want you dream weapon to do? If your dream effect isnt there, then go ahead and post it down here.
The weapon's explosion
Again pretty basic, do you want a big explosion that should (not would) shake the screen, or do you want a small explosion. Or just have an explosion appropriate for your weapon's type, for example: having a laser with a hellhound explosion(this is something not appropriate for the the weapons type which is a laser).
Weapon Submunitions and Particle Explosions
For those who don't know: A submunition is basically another projectile/weapon that comes out of another weapon when that one dies. For example: Your ship fires Weapon A. Weapon A explodes and out come 5 weapon B projectiles.
A particle explosion is a little harder to explain but all it really is, is just another explosion...sort of like shrapnel when a grenade blows up. The shrapnel doesn't hurt, its just awesome to watch. Even more so when your pryo. :laugh: I'm going to have to use examples for the Small, Medium, and Large Particle Effects.

• Small Particle Effect - You know when a beam(winter's tempest will do), the small things that fall away from the ship when you hit it? Those are particles, for those that didn't already know, and that particle effect will stand for small.

• Medium Particle Effect - Medium would be the small orange particles that expand away from a hellhound explosion, not the giant cloud.

• Large Particle Effect - Large effects i dont think exist in the stock Nova scenario. I made one, they look like a giant shockwave of energy that flies off the screen at a really high speed(if you make it right). Large Particle Effects have nothing to do with shrapnel, becuase theres too many particles for it to be shrapnel :laugh: .

I think i covered everyhting well enough...I hope. 🆒

Later guys and I look forward from hearing of your ideas,
Chronodrago

PS:My occupation is not as a pryo, i just like to blow things up 😛

This post has been edited by chronodrago : 02 August 2006 - 02:41 PM

My Dream Weapon
My dream weapon would be a blackhole. Using the wormhole graphic with negative impact it suks ships in and devours em. I made it already but it only last like 3-5 seconds and its funny to watch leviathins trying to squeeze into it. My other dream weapon would be a supernova, one where the actual graphic speeds of the screen, not the particles. But since that would mean a huge graphic, im not sure if it woud fit withing the 10 mb limit :laugh:

Guys post what your dream weapon would look like, and sort of describe it(since i might misunderstand what you meant). Take sporklift for example, i dont really know what he means unless he means a peice of pork with fork lift prongs sticking out.

The poll is just to see what people like more, not what their dream weapon would be. Sry, if i didn't make that clear earlier 😄

This post has been edited by chronodrago : 02 August 2006 - 03:03 PM

Sporklift.

A charged harpoon would be pretty cool. Tremenedous shield damage with high ionizing effect, but you have to "ram" (be on top of) the target to actually do anything.

@momaw, on Aug 2 2006, 01:02 PM, said in Weapon Ideas:

A charged harpoon would be pretty cool. Tremenedous shield damage with high ionizing effect, but you have to "ram" (be on top of) the target to actually do anything.

kewl, dont forget to vote on some of the polls up above. Becuase an even percentage on all of them realyl doesnt help me much. 😛

This post has been edited by chronodrago : 08 August 2006 - 07:33 PM

Mine is built into a ship, the bow of which splits open to fire. This beam weapon pretty much destroys things.

@qaanol, on Aug 2 2006, 12:51 PM, said in Weapon Ideas:

Sporklift.

Oh, my... :wub:
I''m very tempted to try my hand at making sprites for that.

----------
As for my "dream weapon", it would be interesting to see a weapon that starts out as a normal missile, but when it hits its target, explodes into a swarm of fireballs that stick around on top of the target, slowly ripping the target, and any nearby ships, into little tiny pieces.

Edwards

I like this.

Q & E: Check FTFV.

@edwards, on Aug 2 2006, 09:42 PM, said in Weapon Ideas:

As for my "dream weapon", it would be interesting to see a weapon that starts out as a normal missile, but when it hits its target, explodes into a swarm of fireballs that stick around on top of the target, slowly ripping the target, and any nearby ships, into little tiny pieces.

Edwards

Hey...that wouldn't be to hard to make, if you make the proximity detonator right, but the submunitions would have to work right as well. For some weird reason, the submunition never does what i want. Its as if the submunition limit stops at like 10 for me. So my blackhole only lasts 4-5 seconds.... <_<

@chronodrago, on Aug 2 2006, 07:43 PM, said in Weapon Ideas:

My Dream Weapon
My dream weapon would be a blackhole. Using the wormhole graphic with negative impact it suks ships in and devours em. I made it already but it only last like 3-5 seconds and its funny to watch leviathins trying to squeeze into it.

Mine would be similar to that, but it would be a Wormhole Weapon (see Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars).

You fire the weapon and it creates an effect that takes up most of the screen (and keeps expanding...), and not only does it pull ships in, it destroys asteroids and planets too!

And the only way to shut it off is to fire the Wormhole Weapon off switch weapon... (just imagine demanding tribute, having the defence force start to leave the planet and then setting the WhW off on the planet... muhahahaha).

I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the-- alright, I'm a pirate. How about a disabling missile with plenty of submunitions and a lot of ionization? Think EMP Torpedo meets Polaron Multi-Torp.

Rebel Vacuum Troopers. (Would be a fighter-bay type weapon)

24 to a bay, they move slowly and don't do much damage (fire small IR rockets), but can't be damaged themselves (like escape pods).

Mine's kinda like yours Mispeled, but sort of pinched from the Matrix (3 - whichever one that is).

As many as 'frame-rate'ly possible ships to a bay, but they are tiny (about half the size of a shuttle), and ridiculously fast. They do hardly any damage, but swarm around the opposing ship continuously depleting its shields.

I figure they could have appalling shields, so one or two blasts would kill them, but they would be ridiculously cheap too, so buying more would be easy.

Of course, an actual player could press R+Fire, and kill them all in seconds, but AI ain't that I(ntelligent).

Wouldn't PDTs take those out pretty quickly?

This post has been edited by dr neverhood : 08 August 2006 - 12:46 PM

My dream weapon would be a beam that would be able to switch from manual to auto-turret control. The control keys for manual mode would be ASDW (A=turn counterclockwise, D=turn clockwise, W=increase turn speed, S=decrease turn speed), and manual control would be enabled when the caps lock is pushed. The beam itself would be similar in appearance to a Jedi Knight's light-saber, and would come in different colors (red, blue, green). Also, the beam's ionization would turn the ship the same color as the beam. It would be slightly less powerful than the TBRL, would weigh 30 pounds, and would cost 1 million credits. It would have it's own generator so it wouldn't suck power away from the ship's power.

It would be pretty hard to control, but that is the point: to make something so hard that it takes a while to master (similar to GutlessWonder's Arena plug). And if the player finds it too hard at the moment, they can always switch it to automatic mode.

I doubt this is possible, but that's why it's a dream weapon. If it is possible, I charge someone(whoever finds it possible) with the sacred task of making this weapon.

----------------
I just thought of another great weapon, but it would function both as a regular weapon and an easter egg.

Behold; the Holy Hand-grenade.

It would be flung from the ship towards a group of targets, and explode, but only cause minimal damage in regular mode. But if, when the weapon is fired, the pilot pushes this number sequence: 1,2,5,3, then the grenade would explode mightily, causing major damage to all ships in proximity (think of sitting on top of a Leviathan when it blows up, then multiply by 3).

This post has been edited by pruelva : 08 August 2006 - 01:28 PM

@pruelva, on Aug 8 2006, 11:11 AM, said in Weapon Ideas:

I just thought of another great weapon, but it would function both as a regular weapon and an easter egg.

It would be flung from the ship towards a group of targets, and explode, but only cause minimal damage in regular mode. But if, when the weapon is fired, the pilot pushes this number sequence: 1,2,5,3, then the grenade would explode mightily, causing major damage to all ships in proximity (think of sitting on top of a Leviathan when it blows up, then multiply by 3).

I love it! lol, although i doubt the 1,2,5,3 would work. 😞 But it sure would be a funny weapon to have, eh? 😛

@pruelva, on Aug 8 2006, 02:11 PM, said in Weapon Ideas:

There is a Holy Handgrenade plug for EVO that makes them available from the monks on Omm. No fancy firing mechanism tricks, of course.

Some clever coloring of the sprite, plus the "spin spin continuously" and "start on first frame" flags, combined with a well-adjusted safety timer can make little red number on a mine count down from 10 to 1, at which point it explodes regardless of what's around. Add in a sound that goes "beep...<silence>...beep...<silence>...beep" etc. and you've got yourself a weapon that gives audiovisual feedback on what it's doing.

Three shall be the number to which thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Thou shalt not count to four, neither shall thou count to two, excepting that thou then proceedest to three. Five is right out.

@qaanol, on Aug 8 2006, 01:34 PM, said in Weapon Ideas:

Some clever coloring of the sprite, plus the "spin spin continuously" and "start on first frame" flags, combined with a well-adjusted safety timer can make little red number on a mine count down from 10 to 1, at which point it explodes regardless of what's around. Add in a sound that goes "beep...<silence>...beep...<silence>...beep" etc. and you've got yourself a weapon that gives audiovisual feedback on what it's doing.

Cool, but is that possible? Would the 10->1 sprite be in the explosion type? Cuase i can't see any other plausible way... :huh: