Levo Spaceport RPG

Originally posted by SilverDragon:
Luke; I'll act within the rules, and have not once broken them,

No, you don't brake rules, but you certainly don't pass up on the chance to use a good loophole if it presents itself.

unlike some people.

Originally posted by Luke:
No, you don't brake rules, but you certainly don't pass up on the chance to use a good loophole if it presents itself.

(OOC: Of course I don't.

If you're talking about me.

Which I wasn't.

It's not. Roleplaying a character whose only purpose is to annoy/kill/beat up/imprison another player is. You said you only made Javaed to protect Levo. Levo was doing fine on its own. Anyway, by the time you came up with Javaed it was pretty obvious that this thing had changed from a bar to a webstory (not just because of Skyblade, either).

1. In what way is a certain type of character not allowed in an RPG? This is the first I've heard that any personality of character is "wrong."

2. I came up with Javaed originally as a character easily settled away when a PC vs. PC conflict came up. A pastime, because it didn't seem to be occuring. Later on, I decided to use Javaed to try and balance the scales -- you say Levo was doing fine on its own, but it wasn't. Skyblade was in the process of taking it over to the Rebellion.

Hmm. Right. Well, even if it wasn't, you seemed pretty determined to utterly destroy the Rebellion.

I didn't want to put things on a galactic scale. I wanted to try and keep it to Levo , but Skyblade started bringing in the leader of the Rebels and fleets, etc.

Oh, good lord... You can't blame all this on Skyblade. He certainly had an affect on the story's demise, but he wasn't the only one.

Luke, promise me you'll never try a real debate. Answering points not made is going to get you nowhere. I never said that I blamed this all on Skyblade. I will not say anything else until you correct your statement.)

------------------
-Esponer

(OOC: I didn't plan on posting another thing, but silver, you seem like one of those people who has to have the last word. Thus I decided to read what your big mouth had to say. You totaly screwed up this rpg with all your nonesense. Sure yu are a judge, but I think you flex your authority a little too much, and here we are, page 4 and there is still countless OOC jibberish. Tempest, if I were you I'd start a new rpg and don't allow people who feel the need to act so big and bad to be judges with you. It's your rpg and, you shoudl run it as you see fit. This rpg has gone to $hit with this ooc crap and it can only end in all the serious people worthy of rping here to ditch you for some other rpg where no one argues. and Silver, don't respond if you can resistit, because it will go unread, and unanswered.)

------------------

Well, I vote for Staron not to be in any new one. he mucked things up by not being bothered.

The only thing Espy did was to play, and not let people cheat blindly.

RMA

------------------
If someone makes a mistake, it is not my fault. I will however use it to my advantage.

Voted most likely to be a serial killer by Insane Asylum - 2002

Javaed was, as usual, in a very good mood when he left work that day. Coming home from work over the last week had been an exciting period - although he was trained in holding back emotions, the last few days he had almost burst, so eager was he to hear of what had happened next. Surely, he thought, things cannot get any better than they are now.

He made his first mistake - perhaps in his life - by missing the frown on the face of the receptionist as he took the lift to his apartment. That frown could have been the warning he needed, but he had missed it. His own success had blinded him somewhat.

The preliminary check of the area before entering his apartment was something he didn't miss, however, although there was nothing. He even performed a quick scan of organisms within the area. There were only plants alive in his apartment, but that was no surprise. His lover - he thought of her as that and not by name - was probably out. She cheated on him already - he knew the name of all of the other men and could have killed them easily - but so long as he had the ties to Levo, he didn't care. He might terminate her when he was finished, simply in spite of such shallow people.

As usual, he opened his door wide while not standing right in front of it, paused, and then entered, the action seeming almost casual.

The site of his room nearly made him sick.

Javaed was a man with a strong stomach, and he certainly didn't care personally for the almost unrecognisable corpse of his lover, the head pinned to a wall and the body lying prostrate, naked on the bed. A look of horror was painted on her face, and her blood and entrails decorated the room, which had been turned inside out. Another man - one of the men she had been having sex with - lay on the floor besides the bed, tortured in the extreme while still alive, by the look of it.

What made him sick was that he knew that everything done here could be scientifically proven to have been done by himself. He had entered the room, found his lover cheating on him, and killed them both. The imagination involved in the deaths of both put second degree murder out of the picture. He would be convicted for planned murder and extreme torture. He knew it, without having to check anything himself. Anyone who could have tracked him down wouldn't slip up at the actual job.

His mind raced. No-one could have tracked me down. No-one alive. That means someone on the inside. Talsir. Oh God, Talsir did this. There were few other possibilities. He hadn't thought Talsir knew his location, but he was naďve to think a fellow...he stopped the word from coming into his mind with a conscious effort, aware that Talsir could have had the authorities set up a trap, and a mind-probe could be scanning him even now...couldn't trace his location easily. A surprisingly quick marriage, an engineering job...

Forcing thoughts out of his mind for the time being, Javaed reacted on instinct. Running to his high security strongbox, still unbreached, he quickly went through all six procedures to open it. Inside were several devices, the largest being a DNA/RNA manipulation device.

He spent the next ten minutes masking as much of the evidence as possible, replacing it with traces of the Rebel agent he had now almost forgotten, which would not be recognised by the authorities. Unfortunately, when that agent had been apprehended, the proper actions had not been taken. It was a start, though. A false trail, before Talsir could point the government towards what had been done.

Instinct over thought failed him. Dammit! Monitoring systems... The realisation came with a flood of despair. Hoping that such systems must have been built in a very tight schedule, Javaed quickly relied on the fact that the strongbox contained numerous electro-magnetic explosives. Setting the entire thing to detonate, and praying that any information hadn't already been sent elsewhere, Javaed walked out of his room, his face disturbingly calm and collected.

He spoke a few polite words to people on his way out, saying that he was off to find his lover, who was apparently out. Meanwhile, he was counting off seconds.

Once he was outside, he went to the nearest mag. tube station and, luckily, was able to get on straight away. By the time his counting reached one thousand seconds, he was far away from the building. And hopefully, the electro-magnetic surge had wiped out any evidence that might have betrayed him.

He would have destroyed the building, but no doubt evidence could be found in what remained as to whether he had been in it at the time, and a full scale incineration would be too suspicious: only a planned attack could incinerate all evidence. He wasn't about to take any unnecessary risks and draw attention to him.

The problem was, he didn't have another life to suddenly assume, and he still looked like Javaed. I need to take a ship out of here, back to a safe world. But the damn restrictions on taking off...they'd search the entire ship, and find me.

Before he realised what he was doing, he was outside where he knew Talsir was staying. His own house, with intricate security measures, at the other side of the city. Everything was blurring together in his mind. There's no way I can get in there and kill him. No way at all.

He blinked then, looking at that building. There were tiny things, that no-one would see unless they looked very hard, and were trained to see such things, that revealed something to him that shocked him to the core. The gates had been opened recently, within the last half an hour, and by the looks of it had not been probably secured afterwards. Far above, there was an open window, despite the chill of the evening. In the window opposite, there was no vase of flowers, although there was in every other window. The guards looked somewhat uncomfortable patrolling the building, he could see from where he was, at a safe distance. He then realised it. Talsir was dead. Whoever was behind this, it had not been Talsir - he had been killed, along with the attempt to put himself to the death sentence. But why leave me alive? Am I supposed to reveal some information? No torture can break me, I know it. No torture can, or will. Then...somebody must be re-writing me . Making me out to be something I'm not - or perhaps something I really am. Someone here is trying to undo all the work I've done. A CSP agent. No...it has to be one of us also. But if it's not Talsir...then there's no-one else alive...

"Saire Landane," Javaed gasped, forgetting everything in that moment of realisation, forgetting to keep his calm, forgetting where he was, forgetting what he was. "Saire Landane..."

------------------
-Esponer

(This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited 08-16-2002).)

(This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited 08-16-2002).)

Originally posted by SilverDragon:
In what way is a certain type of character not allowed in an RPG? This is the first I've heard that any personality of character is "wrong."

I didn't say it wasn't allowed. You can make whatever character you want. This is the internet. I did say such a character would be wrong. Wrong in the sense that such a character would provide nothing positive for the rest of the story, just make it frustrating and unpleasent. Unless you enjoy making people angry and unhappy.

...I decided to use Javaed to try and balance the scales -- you say Levo was doing fine on its own, but it wasn't. Skyblade was in the process of taking it over to the Rebellion.

I appreciate your post, Luke. I'm glad someone here understands where I'm coming from.

SD, I was honestly considering you to assist me in putting together one heck of an EV webstory I've been planning, but I've ruled that out mostly because I've seen how you always insist on things going exactly the way you want them to. That's the last thing I want in a webstory participant.

All the best.

------------------
Joseph Payne - (url="http://"mailto: joseph.payne@tmgmedia.net ")mailto: joseph.payne@tmgmedia.net (/url) joseph.payne@tmgmedia.net

Skyblade did nothing wrong here. He helped put together a good story, and other people just happened to interact with it and build apon it. That seems like good role playing to me. Everything WAS going fine too until this massive critisism started. There is nothing wrong with building a story that would provide a rich playing environment. RMA didn't use the battle rules like you were saying before SD, but it really wasn't much of a fight, and both me and Skyblade had no objections to being captured. It made the story more interesting.

This shouldn't be about winning or losing at all. Its an RPG, not a competition. I don't know, but I was just in it for the story. I could have killed my charicter off in battle if it would've enhanced the plot. I wouldn't have cared. Skyblade hasn't done anything wrong, and neither has anybody else, yet this post has been destroyed because people don't know how o just have a little FUN while role playing.

Perhaps it is time to start a new story on another topic. Skyblade, if you ever make that webstory you mentioned before, I'll be there. 🙂

------------------
LEVO SPACEPORT RPG ~JUDGE~

Originally posted by Tempest:
**Perhaps it is time to start a new story on another topic. Skyblade, if you ever make that webstory you mentioned before, I'll be there.:)

Acknowledged. 😉 I'm just trying to really improve my javascript skills at the moment to make accessing the webstory's website a ton easier. Once I've got all that down, I'll start work on it.

------------------
Joseph Payne - (url="http://"mailto: joseph.payne@tmgmedia.net ")mailto: joseph.payne@tmgmedia.net (/url) joseph.payne@tmgmedia.net

If you can point out to me how I broke the battle rules, which seem to consist of no one post kills, I'd be interested to know.

And Skyblade, Esponer is one of the few people who doesnt set out a master plan for a webstory. He'll let people completely bugger up any idea of how he wanted it to go, if they worked for it.

And why people keep saying cheating doesnt matter when people are just trying to have fun...please, it ruins it for other people when certain peeps magically get stuff, avoid traps they couldnt, ect. If your idea of fun is for people just to ignore what other people do, I suggest not calling this an RPG.

RMA

(Edit:Just checking over the actual battle posts, it was not me who broke any battle rules. An action I wouldnt do was made for me by the person I was fighting, and no judge said anything anyway. Dont see how I can be blamed for that.)

------------------
If someone makes a mistake, it is not my fault. I will however use it to my advantage.

Voted most likely to be a serial killer by Insane Asylum - 2002

(This message has been edited by RMA (edited 08-17-2002).)

Originally posted by Everyone:
**Yap Yap Yap Dribble Dribble Dribble

OOC:This story should be iLocked and frogotten and a new one setup in webstory format so we STOP THIS OOC BULL$HIT! If a kind Mod would please ilock this it is getting more off topic every post. oh and the Blame Game that is pointing in everyones diretion. Lets just do a DAMN WEBSTORY. We can get rid of this OOC ****. so dropit. No one is right and no one is wrong lets just start it over from the begining.

A lone defender streeks across the sky and hits a mountian side. A battered man gets out and walks to the mission computer and sees to his horror: Bounty hunter wanted, Bounty hunter wanted, Mission is to distroy the stardust defender.

OOC:Repeat: OOC:This story should be iLocked and frogotten and a new one setup in webstory format so we STOP THIS OOC BULL$HIT! If a kind Mod would please ilock this it is getting more off topic every post. oh and the Blame Game that is pointing in everyones diretion. Lets just do a DAMN WEBSTORY. We can get rid of this OOC ****. so dropit. No one is right and no one is wrong lets just start it over from the begining.

------------------
Hamster Dance---http://www.hampsterdance2.com/intro.html

i agree with tempest and skyblade a webstory is just for fun sooo if it isn't fun for you start a new webstory.