GTW Round 20

Shouldn't the round have ended yesterday?

It was delayed.
@1Eevee1:
I like flogging dead horses.

@jrsh92, on Mar 9 2008, 05:55 AM, said in GTW Round 20:

Terrorists have no reason to kill lemony now that his SDI power is used up, so why would a terrorist go for him?

Actually, the terrorists DO have a reason to kill him, since everybody agrees he's innocent and terrorists want us to kill ourselves.
However, I don't think they would do that by voting.

And Eugene Chin , you're way too eager in my opinion to attack the people who voted for Shlimazel after he told us he had to leave. They indeed aren't contributing anything to this game, but a terrorist wouldn't do such thing and they surely know themselves they're wrong.
In fact, this entire game you're overly trying to show us that you're really into discussing things, making up good looking theories and accusing people with reasons.

I don't quite understand, RJC Ultra, are you suggesting that someone coming up with a reason to vote for somebody else is an action a terrorist would take? The fact that you're going against Eugene Chin for justifying his votes seems far more ridiculous than anything I've seen in this game so far.

This post has been edited by jrsh92 : 09 March 2008 - 01:38 PM

@jrsh92, on Mar 9 2008, 07:11 PM, said in GTW Round 20:

I don't quite understand, RJC Ultra , are you suggesting that someone coming up with a reason to vote for somebody else is an action a terrorist would take? The fact that you're going against Eugene Chin for justifying his votes seems far more ridiculous than anything I've seen in this game so far.

I'm saying that Eugene Chin is very fast to attack everyone who doesn't completely explain his behaviour, and is desperate to show us he isn't a terrorist by joining any discussion with his theories and accusations.

EDIT: If you want an example, look at the first round. It's common knowledge that we can't tell who a terrorist is by then and that an innocent is mostly getting bandwagoned, but Eugene Chin immediatly attacked those who probably just wanted to start the voting with a complexe analysis.

This post has been edited by RJC Ultra : 09 March 2008 - 01:44 PM

Fair enough... I will abstain because as much as I've been switching my vote to anyone who talks this round, I still have no justification for any of it and therefore abstaining is still the best course of action.

Wow. Really sorry about the delay guys. I thought I'd have internet where I was last night and I didn't...
Anyway I don't have time to write up a fancy post so I'll cut to the chase:

1Eevee1 - jrsh92
darth_vader - nfreader
egroeg - Shlimazel
Eugene chin - nfreader
GutlessWonder - nfreader
Hypochondriac - nfreader
jrsh92 -
kickme -
Lemonyscapegoat - nfreader
Mackilroy - Shlimazel
Manta - 1Eevee1
nfreader - lemonyscapegoat
prophile - nfreader
RJC ultra - Eugene Chin
Shlizamel -
SoItBegins -

nfreader is lynched. prophile is killed by the terrorist. Shlimazel is removed from existance.

The remaining players are:
1Eevee1 -
darth_vader -
egroeg -
Eugene chin -
GutlessWonder -
Hypochondriac -
jrsh92 -
kickme -
Lemonyscapegoat -
Mackilroy -
Manta -
RJC ultra -
SoItBegins -

According to normal schedule this round should be ending on Monday night, but because of the delay that may be enough time. I'm willing to extend it to Tuesday night if you need more time (although the roles of the dead will be revealed in 24 hours on schedule).

Side note: My netconnection is being unreliable again, so if I'm scarcer than usual, that's why.

I will concede that I have been jumping at those who seem to be bandwagoning. However, I feel have a very good reason for that.

I saw all my attempts to reason out who the Dictators were in Game 19 run headlong into dead-ends. In part, that was because so many players were just voting in the same way.

What I'm trying to do is discourage that.

Maybe I am being too jumpy about this, but I believe that unchecked bandwagoning is an obstacle for anybody who's trying to reason out the Dictators.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 09 March 2008 - 06:18 PM

@eugene-chin, on Mar 9 2008, 04:17 PM, said in GTW Round 20:

I will concede that I have been jumping at those who seem to be bandwagoning. However, I feel have a very good reason for that.

I saw all my attempts to reason out who the Dictators were in Game 19 run headlong into dead-ends. In part, that was because so many players were just voting in the same way.

What I'm trying to do is discourage that.

Maybe I am being too jumpy about this, but I believe that unchecked bandwagoning is an obstacle for anybody who's trying to reason out the Dictators.

Does this mean that you jump at bandwagons instead of on bandwagons? 😄

@eugene-chin, on Mar 10 2008, 12:17 AM, said in GTW Round 20:

Well, I don't think we've got a fair chance to catch one anyway f we're still with so many players left, but I must agree on that.

This, and the fact you didn't try to defend yourself by attacking me, has removed my suspicion for now.

Investigation of nfreader's quarters revealed a copy of the book "Hacking the Vote for Dummies."
Investigation of prophile's quarters revealed the phone number of...a cake delivery service? Well that's odd.

I guess nfreader didn't bother reading the book, otherwise he might still be alive. Cake delivery? Will we get more information on that later?

@hypochondriac, on Mar 10 2008, 04:50 PM, said in GTW Round 20:

I guess nfreader didn't bother reading the book, otherwise he might still be alive. Cake delivery? Will we get more information on that later?

I'd imagine that a cake delivery might cause some distraction among the delegates.
So much distraction that they might forget to lynch someone on the round it was delivered?

Round's half-over and no one has voted!? I'm going to vote for Mackilroy again. His behavior in round one with the bandwagon still strikes me as suspicious.

Hypochondriac (retracted) has contributed a remarkably small amount of actual material to the game. Once he commented on the reason he was voting, and it was because he agreed with someone else, once he was voting for darth because darth is a dark lord, and the rest of his posts have been "when will the round end?" "what was this person's role?" or very slightly more relevantly, "couldn't he have saved himself, then?"
At best, he's being quite droll and uninteresting in a game that's supposed to be fun. At worst there's a terrorist/communist conspiracy, but I'm mainly voting for him because nobody likes a boring GTW player. You signed up to play, not to sit around and make mostly random votes and inane comments. So I say he goes, someone has to go this round.

This post has been edited by jrsh92 : 11 March 2008 - 08:27 PM

At least your not abstaining this round. Which is always good. So my questions are boring?

This post has been edited by Hypochondriac : 10 March 2008 - 06:55 PM

More like not productive to the game overall. They're technical, not pertaining to the game itself, only how it's being played. All I'm saying is if someone's going to die it might as well be you.

I'm changing my vote to jrsh92. I don't have too strong evidence yet, but guys, do you really think that if nfreader was a terrorist he'd be so blatant about it? I fugure he's actually just being normal dickish nfreader. jrsh on the other hand is rather hot on accusing Hypochondriach for rather absurd reasons, even more so absurd when you look at jrsh's own posts. Particularly when he admits he's just voting at people as an excuse not to lurk, rather interesting then that he complains of hypochondriac not posting enough and not being very productive. Right now this is more gut hunch than anything else, but I've got my eye on him.

Hey uh, what's going on? The round's almost over and nobody's voting.
Also I kind of need some pretty important PMs...