GTW Round 20

The Chin is right, we all get one less hour of sleep.

However, we lose that time early Sunday morning/Saturday night, which is vastly better than losing it midweek when it just confuses the hell out of you. If you are already not getting enough sleep on your average weekday, then it REALLY sucks.

Round ends in about an hour and a half, if I'm understanding the lack of DST correctly.

It's the change that sucks because you have to get up an hour earlier (according to your body clock). I suspect that many of us will end up groggy for a few days thereafter.

And I gain an extra hour of sleep on the fifth of April 🙂

Rickton walks into the room. He opens his mouth to speak, then pauses and looks at Shlimazel.
"Shlimazel, wake up! This is no time for lazing around!"
The delegates look over and see that Shlimazel is slumped over his desk.
"Manta, wake up Shlimazel, please," Rickton says, gritting his teeth in irritation.
Manta shakes Shlimazel's shoulder and...
Shlimazel bolts upright.
"The answer is 17!"
"No, that's not right, I'm afraid," Rickton says, shaking his head.
Shlimazel looks around in confusion.
"World War II?"
"No actually, Shlimazel," says Rickton, "The answer is mrxak! That is...if the question was 'which of us is dead right now?'"
The delegates look over at mrxak in surprise and find that he is, indeed, dead. Someone's stabbed a knife in his back.
"Well that's certainly unpleasant," Rickton says, cringing, "But at least it seems to confirm that there are, in fact, terrorists among us. Especially since mrxak's nation was just nuked into oblivion. There were no survivors."
He pauses for a minute, then brightens up.
"Now then, let's look and see who you voted for. Poor mrxak managed to put in a vote before he was killed, so we'll take it into account out of respect for his memory."

1Eevee1 -
darth_vader - Mackilroy
egroeg -
Eugene chin - Mackilroy
GutlessWonder - lemonyscapegoat
Hypochondriac - darth_vader
jrsh92 - Shlimazel
kickme -
Lemonyscapegoat -
Mackilroy - Shlimazel
Manta - lemonyscapegoat
mrxak - lemonyscapegoat
nfreader - lemonyscapegoat
prophile - 1Eevee1
RJC ultra -
Shlimazel -
SoItBegins - Shlimazel

_"Well, it would seem that lemonyscapegoat's rather unfortunate name has been his downfall. It would seem, lemony, that the council believes that your nation is a nation of terrorists and so we will be nuking them. All of them. And you get to watch!"
Rickton pushes a button and the big screen changes to a view of the world. Missiles streak towards lemonyscapegoat's nation, but all of a sudden a series of defense satellites activates and destroys the missiles before they hit. The delegates stare at the screen dumbfounded. Rickton is the first to recover.
"Well it's too bad that whoever just did that couldn't have used them to save mrxak now isn't it? Oh well. Since we can't have a nation without a leader I guess we have to leave lemony alive for now. Anyway, we're going to investigate mrxak and find out what he was up to, but unfortunately our operatives are very bad at investigation and so it'll take about 24 hours for them to find out. You have 48 hours to vote again, gentlemen..." and here Rickton pauses and glances at Hypochondriac, "...and ladies." _

The remaining players are:
1Eevee1 -
darth_vader -
egroeg -
Eugene chin -
GutlessWonder -
Hypochondriac -
jrsh92 -
kickme -
Lemonyscapegoat -
Mackilroy -
Manta -
nfreader -
prophile -
RJC ultra -
Shlizamel -
SoItBegins -

This post has been edited by Rickton : 09 March 2008 - 06:26 PM

What? Why'd mrxak die? (besides the obvious answer that the terrorists killed him)

So I take it you're counting a tie as effectively no kills from the innocents? All right.

I still believe Shlizamel should be killed.

I have only two things to say.

Rez plz?

And also, I guess when the clocks spring forward, it's darker in the morning, right? Well that kinda sucks, so I guess it's the bad one.

Was there a point to that round at all? Ugh.

lemonyscapegoat is one of two things:

A. Evil
or
B. The commander of some sort of SDI system, that he used on himself despite the fact that he could just as easily have saved mrxak (he was like a brother to me tear).

That wasn't a tie. There were 3 votes for Shlimzel and 4 for lemonyscapegoat. lemony survived for another reason, presumably a player with the ability to save people from getting nuked.

How now was I supposed to figure that mrxak was going to be night-killed? I was busy saving my own ass from his attacks on me. Unfortunately now my power is all used up, congrats guys.

I wonder if we will be seeing a zombie mrxak. There might be a necromancer role

I'll start this post by voting for 1Eevee1 , he didn't vote last turn and claimed to not vote for "his beliefs" instead of just abstaining. This makes me believe that he has something to hide by trying to hide in the abstains, without actually abstaining. I'll admit that I'm going out on a limb with this hunch, but hunches like this have a habit of paying off with a terrorist in hiding being killed. I would also rather do this than join one of the two major camps from last turn that seem to be reforming already.

Unfortunately I will not have time in the next week to be the most active poster here. This is on account of spring break which starts for me today. I will try to get in my vote every round and if I have extra time ( sadistic English Comp. teacher assigned a paper to be due on the day after I get back from spring break ) I'll debate my positions.

It's obvious lemonyscapegoat is innocent. nfreader should realize this and withdraw his ridiculous vote.

I have to concur with darth_vader here.

If lemony really does control the SDI (And it's pretty clear he does!), then there's no reason he could have known mrxak was going to get Night-Killed, and every reason to protect himself from Lynching.

The blind bandwagoning against lemonyscapegoat has done nothing to help us.

And... For what?
Because mrxak likes picking on new players?
Because everybody blindly follows his lead?
Because lemonyscapegoat was the last person to sign up?

And nfreader is still hot to Lynch him?

And, on a resonant note, Mackilroy is also still hot to kill Shlimazel.

Rickton said he'd handle ties randomly, and the last rounds vote was lemony (4), and Shlimazel (3).
Even though he declared who had been Night-Killed before who had been Lynched, he counted mrxak's vote.
Anything else would be unfair to the Night-Killed player, and give Evil that much more ability to influence the vote.

I cast my vote for (nfreader CHANGED) because I must question his motives in voting for me after I was clearly innocent.

This post has been edited by lemonyscapegoat : 10 March 2008 - 07:36 PM

I'll vote Mackilroy retracted for now. Why are you so desperate to kill Shlimazel without any good reasoning?

This post has been edited by RJC Ultra : 09 March 2008 - 01:03 PM

Darth_vader makes a good point. I somehow skipped nfreaders vote. So unless he changes it I'm voting nfreader

I personally think Mackilroy's obsession with killing Shlizamel seems suspicious.

I'll gladly let you kill me, I don't really care, but the reason why I'm voting for Shlizamel is because he insulted my country's hero.

O...kay. So, we have a few possibilities here

1. lemonyscapegoat commands the SDI system, and used it to save himself.

2. lemony doesn't run the SDI system, and whoever does decided to do their Good Deed For The Week. (In this case, whoever it is obviously believes lemony's innocent.)

The first is probably more likely.