GTW Round 20

But 1Eevee1 wasn't talking about votes when he said that. He was talking about the game Battleship.

B3 would be a location on a Battleship game board.

I don't quite see how that could be construed as a vote, nonsensical or not.
Especially when the comment is immediately followed by "Oh, and I'm not voting for this round."

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 05 March 2008 - 02:43 PM

He should have bolded the word 'abstain'.

I suppose you're right. I think the point here is, prophile was voting randomly when he voted for 1Eevee1. He likely doesn't care if 1Eevee1 voted, bolded, or not, but was just looking from some inane drivel to distract the general populace from the fact that the vote was 100% random.

What now? I'm a suspected terrorist already without even having looked at this topic yet? Holy crap I suck at this game, why so hot to kill me mrxak?

I don't particularly suspect anyone, and self-defense votes don't really do much (though I don't particularly like mrxak's tendencies,) so I will abstain for the time being.

Your username is scapegoat. What did you expect to happen?

Ah, touche.

If there's a tie then I'll flip a coin and one of the two will die.
If it's a 3 way tie then I'll...flip a 3-sided coin?

@rickton, on Mar 5 2008, 03:52 PM, said in GTW Round 20:

If there's a tie then I'll flip a coin and one of the two will die.
If it's a 3 way tie then I'll...flip a 3-sided coin?

For a 3 way tie, I recommend a d6. Assign 2 numbers to each player and then roll to see who dies. 4 way tie can be solved by a similar method with a d20 or just 2 coins. For a coin flip online here is a link to one, I recommend you choose a random coin to make things a little more random. I am unsure how random they truly are so don't blame me if they turn out to use a seed, thus not truly being random. Random.org

I'm going to go with lemonyscapegoat , mostly because of the shifty look he has in his eyes. Like he's up to something.

Why now, the reasonless bandwagon?

Manta said:

For a 3 way tie, I recommend a d6. Assign 2 numbers to each player and then roll to see who dies. 4 way tie can be solved by a similar method with a d20 or just 2 coins. For a coin flip online here is a link to one, I recommend you choose a random coin to make things a little more random. I am unsure how random they truly are so don't blame me if they turn out to use a seed, thus not truly being random. Random.org

I've actually come up with a highly random method to use:

1. Generate 3 pseudorandom numbers between 1 and 1 million. Call them m,n, and o.

2. Find the m th digit of pi. Call it x. Find the n th digit of pi and call it y.

3. Flip a real coin. If heads, go (x*y) digits forward from the o th digit of pi. If tails, go that many digits backward.

The number you arrive at is your random number.

Just use random.org and assign a number from 1- what ever? Random.org uses atmospheric noise so should be truly random

I abstain as there is no way of knowing who is evil, yet.

So what time does the round end, and in what time zone?

Judging by the time of the first post, I'd say the round will probably end in around 11-12 hours?

I might note I was going to vote for Shlizamel anyhow, and even had a post typed up, but I got up to go to the bathroom before I posted it and the SoItBegins posted himself in the meantime.

mrxak is correct. The round will end at 10pm EST (3 AM GMT unless there's some daylight savings going on, that always confuses me).

Daylight Savings Time change over is at 2 a.m. March 9th.

Is that the daylight savings time that really sucks or the good one? I can never remember. I know the clocks spring forward, but what does that mean?

I think it means that you set your clocks forward an hour.

So, when you wake up on the 9th, you need to set your clock from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM, say.

Which sucks, if you need to get up by 7:00 AM that day.