Revenant

@verb, on Jan 17 2008, 01:44 AM, said in Revenant:

The very basic conflicts (Human vs Voinians, the Strand war, the Zachit and the North Tip pirates etc.) still exist. Essentially, those conflicts are where I've worked from. Why those conflicts exist and the cultures and history of the races involved have changed or been drastically expanded upon. There are many new cultures (major and minor) that have been introduced and many more nuances to the galaxy that have been added. But in the end you still get to fight the Voinians and you can still pick sides in the Strand war.

Good. As much as I loved/love EVO, I thought that the story was a little weak all around. Actually, I thought it was really weak in most ways. Although I did thoroughly enjoy it regardless.

This is my favorite TC project. I saw you guys on the EV-Nova.net board a while ago and have been waiting for news ever since. Keep up the incredible work!

Okay, so from what few screenies I saw in the past, we'll get blaze and phase cannons back, (and probably neutrons as well), but one thing that caught my attention was the code-named "Heat Cannon." What is that? Or am I thinking of a different TC?

While I'm on the subject of technology, what new advancements can you tell us about (without giving too much of the storyline away)?

Do the Emalgha and Renegade still exist? (I think those are their names, it has been a while :p)

Is there any hints you can give us about the new "cultures"? Will they dramatically change the storyline, or are they just added to make the universe more colorful?

EVO was by far my most favorite game, I can't wait! 😄

@warlord-mike, on Jan 18 2008, 11:36 AM, said in Revenant:

Okay, so from what few screenies I saw in the past, we'll get blaze and phase cannons back, (and probably neutrons as well), but one thing that caught my attention was the code-named "Heat Cannon." What is that? Or am I thinking of a different TC?

While I'm on the subject of technology, what new advancements can you tell us about (without giving too much of the storyline away)?

I don't think I had a weapon called the Heat Cannon. But yes, the Blaze cannon does exist, although slightly modified. The UNE* have several other types of primary weapons as well. There are several varieties of phase cannons and Neutron cannons as well. The Voinians also have many new weapons, some of which are just plain nasty.

On the subject of other types of technology, the outfitting system is very different. In fact, you start out the game without a hyperdrive. Not to worry though because there is a system of hypergates called the Highway System** which civilians use for travel and trade. The outfitting system is modular; different weapons and outfits take up different types of outfitting slots (Blaze cannons take up Class II Cannon Nacelles for example.) Outfits no longer take up mass technically , but take up volume instead. Outfits that use up Nacelles do not subtract from the ship's internal volume (but may require power slots or additional subsystems to work.) In this way, outfitting is a lot more dynamic and you can do some very interesting things with your ships.

*(By the way, UE = UNE ...sort of ;))

**You can see an example of the Highway System in one of the above screenies

@ev-wolf, on Jan 18 2008, 11:49 AM, said in Revenant:

Do the Emalgha and Renegade still exist? (I think those are their names, it has been a while :p)

There are several new competing pirate factions in UNE space alone, so there's plenty of piracy to be had. 😄

As for the Emalgha, yeah, they're around. They're also slightly different. To quote our friends at ATMOS from long ago, cryptic grin

Is there any hints you can give us about the new "cultures"? Will they dramatically change the storyline, or are they just added to make the universe more colorful?

Yes. 😉

EVO was by far my most favorite game, I can't wait! 😄

Same here. 😄

That's such an incredible system of doing weapons. Hats off to you for, well, everything, actually.

You made those in Bryce!?!?!?

dies from lack of skill

Well, I started off using Bryce and Photoshop. Many of the ships you see used a combination of the two. I switched over to an old copy of Lightwave 8 a while back (god bless student discounts.)

You're awesome!

I think he said they switched to Lightwave, which is the premiere program for 3-d game graphics development. Like, in the corporate world.

I have a friend who used to work for Blizzard Entertainment in the graphics department, who told me something interesting. He said that Blizz uses Maya for modeling, but they created their own program for animation and rendering.

@archon, on Jan 19 2008, 11:15 AM, said in Revenant:

I think he said they switched to Lightwave, which is the premiere program for 3-d game graphics development. Like, in the corporate world.

I have a friend who used to work for Blizzard Entertainment in the graphics department, who told me something interesting. He said that Blizz uses Maya for modeling, but they created their own program for animation and rendering.

And they now are switching to what Pixar uses, because theirs was too weak.

This TC looks amazing (especially as its based on EVO my favourite of the three), any idea of a release date? (I'm talking VERY vague like say mid 2009)

Actually, a decent portion of the graphics were made in Bryce to date (the Titan, the ship in front of the Hypergate and the Hypergate in the above screenshots for example).

As far as a release date goes, I have no idea. 😛

I hope to get it finished as soon as I can, but as far as even ballpark figures go, I don't really have a clue.

This post has been edited by Verb : 19 January 2008 - 07:29 PM

@verb, on Jan 19 2008, 11:11 PM, said in Revenant:

Actually, a decent portion of the graphics were made in Bryce to date (the Titan , the ship in front of the Hypergate and the Hypergate in the above screenshots for example).

OMG PLAGIARISM!

:laugh:

I stole words from the Greeks without credit. Poor poor greeks. 😢

Does every plug have a ship named the "Titan" now? 😛

Wouldn't be a good plug with out one.

"cough" Colosseum doesn't have a Titan. "cough"

That is interesting.

"cough" "cough"

After I start messing with my copy, it will. 😉

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 20 January 2008 - 01:54 PM

@verb, on Jan 20 2008, 12:55 AM, said in Revenant:

I stole words from the Greeks without credit. Poor poor greeks. 😢

I was actually referring to you stealing the name from me (it's a ship in Anathema). I can use it without fear of reprisal because I'm Greek. 😛

Not to mention the X universe games, most other sci-fi games, and yes, just about every plug ever made.

Acheron doesn't have a Titan. Of course, Acheron is a word stolen from the Greeks.