Revenant

Here's to the released plugs that don't have a Titan in them!

(come to think of it, I don't think anything in ARPIA2 is taken from Greek mythology )

I didn't realize that the name Titan was so trite. I really should pay more attention to s**t. :ninja:

Well, what about "Behemoth," instead? Still has the "Super-Massively-Huge Ship" connotation. 🙂

And, to my knowledge, the name hasn't been used as of late.

How about Blimp? 😛

I'm going to rename it to Buttercup, just to be a jackass. 😛

(redacted)

This post has been edited by UE_Research & Development: 09 March 2009 - 02:23 AM

Keep in mind that the astroid graphics are place holders for now. They look too much like giant space kibble to me.

Nice. I also notice egyptian mythology influences, such as Bastet.

One of the things I've tried doing with the UNE is to try and encompass all human culture. We're talking about mankind in space here. Now, Egypt doesn't exactly have a space program, but many non-western nations do. China just put a man into space a few years ago. Who's to say that only western culture will inherit the stars?

@verb, on Jan 21 2008, 02:22 AM, said in Revenant:

One of the things I've tried doing with the UNE is to try and encompass all human culture. We're talking about mankind in space here. Now, Egypt doesn't exactly have a space program, but many non-western nations do. China just put a man into space a few years ago. Who's to say that only western culture will inherit the stars?

A+

I actually regretted using that name too, just since most everything related to Greek, Egyptian, Norse, Roman (well I guess that's still Greek but the names are different) et al has been used to death by this point in sci-fi of various media.

I suppose we could fall back on Hittite mythology. Nobody's used the name "Rundas" yet, have they. Oh wait. :mad:

I personally like to fly my MkIV Humbabba.

@verb, on Jan 20 2008, 08:22 PM, said in Revenant:

Very clever. I'll have to keep that in mind when I create other worlds for my novel's universe.

ZOMGOMGIMDROOLINGZORZ

I like the idea of making more than just western powers be major space powers. In a side project I'm working on, I have a power which is mostly german, and a power which is mostly japanese. But these are fairly conventional choices for space powers.

I vote for Tibet vs. Haiti.

@archon, on Jan 21 2008, 11:14 PM, said in Revenant:

I vote for Tibet vs. Haiti.

Sweden has a rocket thingie...? Way up north.

Haiti is a small island in the atlantic. Its near the dominican republic.

@lnsu, on Jan 21 2008, 11:55 PM, said in Revenant:

I was just inserting that Sweden could possibly make space ships. I know that Haiti is in the Caribbeans or whatever 😛

Imagine Saab moving up from fighter jets to fighter space ships.

@lnsu, on Jan 21 2008, 10:55 PM, said in Revenant:

Actually, it's half of an island. The DR makes up the other half. 😉

Today's geography lesson has been brought to you by the letter Y, the number 12, and interstellar warfare. 😉

@warlord-mike, on Jan 20 2008, 02:20 PM, said in Revenant:

Well, what about "Behemoth," instead? Still has the "Super-Massively-Huge Ship" connotation. 🙂
And, to my knowledge, the name hasn't been used as of late.

Playing with "colossal" you could get "Colossus". I was going to use that idea, though...

@verb, on Jan 21 2008, 05:07 PM, said in Revenant:

Today's geography lesson has been brought to you by the letter Y, the number 12, and interstellar warfare. 😉

Hmmm... wait. Interstellar warfare sponsors Earth geography lessons? I'll have to tell the UNE to stop doing that. The only time interstellar warfare should work with geography lessons is to find the military camp.

Still, your work is great. 'No news is good news'. 😄 That would be great, but most would forget about that idea if summer break came along and you didn't get the news. 😄