EV: Renegade

I'm sorrey. Anyway, about those spobs, boy they take a while. By the way, here is advice to any plugin developer: number the spin resources. this way wen you need a preticular one, you need not count at all. spobs start at 0 (Earth).
also, because I am useing ovveride/classic graphics, I had to re do all of the weapon spins. Almost done debugging the map (oh, i got the wrong symbol.) i also tested a coupel of th weapons. I'v invented some fun weapons!!!!! unfortunetly, i have only done 3 ships.
and peurvengance, if you can beta test (and take specific and detailed notes on the odditys and bugs) then you can help.

Still on spobs. The uneverse is getting bigger. I have debugged the map 90%, and from a far off perspective, it looks great. Peurevengance: Can you do ship resources to my spec.s? I tell you an approximation of the speed, armor, and anything specal, plus requirebits and such, could you do the ship resources? Please reply.
Also, I will need debugging help. the weapon graphics have ben behaving oddly. oh, and how do you keep beams from splitting into 3? is the cornia number not what i think it is? i need help, and the bible is not helping. finally, Does anyone have a guide to spob descs? what should they be about?. finally, for whatever reason EVNew will not let me set a govt's scanmask or require bits. is that eneugh complaing? good. I thought so.

@phoebus-xebdaz, on Oct 3 2006, 03:15 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

Still on spobs. The uneverse is getting bigger. I have debugged the map 90%, and from a far off perspective, it looks great. Peurevengance: Can you do ship resources to my spec.s? I tell you an approximation of the speed, armor, and anything specal, plus requirebits and such, could you do the ship resources? Please reply.
Also, I will need debugging help. the weapon graphics have ben behaving oddly. oh, and how do you keep beams from splitting into 3? is the cornia number not what i think it is? i need help, and the bible is not helping. finally, Does anyone have a guide to spob descs? what should they be about?. finally, for whatever reason EVNew will not let me set a govt's scanmask or require bits. is that eneugh complaing? good. I thought so.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner but I have school and my parents don't let me on the computer till afterwards 😕

Anyways I'd be happy to help you with what ever you want as long as it isn't graphics related.

I sent you a message so check your inbox on the forums.

um... seriously... has this TC stopped moving forward or are people just that bussy? :laugh:

Has there been any recent progress at all?

Yes! I just made all of the ___ (Redacted)'s ship resources. and dude and fleet resources. in less then a week, all of ___ space should be useable. On the other hand, I am haveing a problem with beem weapons. why is the cornia split far from the beem, (makeing a wierd tripel beem). is it the beem size or the fallof or what? and how do I fix it!?! Also, can you use tags (like <PRK>) in desc resources? so many questions, so little answered in the nova bible. in fact, everything in the nova bible is in the little help baloons (Mouse over) in EVNew anyway. (Except of cource for bit operators). so any general help or advice would be nice. oh, and i finished the ailian race's entire terratory.
Has anybody done a plug for flame painted mod SBs, because that would be cool. mabey a used one would have flames painted on?

Okay:

1. The value of the Corona Falloff field in the weap resource is set way too high. Set it to 4 or 5 and see if it fixes your problem.

2. Yes. You can uses any "Wild Card" tags in the desc resource unless the Bible says otherwise.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 14 October 2006 - 12:20 PM

Thank you jaca. I bet the fallof is shrinking the beem, right? would it fix it if I just made the beam smaller?
oh and sometimes, ships with no death delay behave strangely wen they are supposed to die. and spin resources, whats the diffrence between xtiles and xframes?

X size is the amount of pixels going horizontally in one frame of animation.

X tiles is the amount of frames going horizontally in one picture. (There is only one for each RLE resource)

And I wish I could find Guy's beam walkthrough... Edit: I've found it! 😄 This should help you greatly.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 14 October 2006 - 12:44 PM

@phoebus-xebdaz, on Oct 14 2006, 10:21 AM, said in EV: Renegade:

oh and sometimes, ships with no death delay behave strangely wen they are supposed to die.

A ship needs to have a DeathDelay of greater than about 5 in order to blow up. If its DeathDelay is lower, it will remain an immortal, unselectable hulk after it dies.

@phoebus-xebdaz, on Oct 14 2006, 10:21 AM, said in EV: Renegade:

and spin resources, whats the diffrence between xtiles and xframes?

If your editor has a field titled "xFrames" in the spďn resource, and you are wondering whether it is the same as "xTiles" in the Nova Bible, then the answer is almost certainly that they are the same.

Edwards

@edwards, on Oct 15 2006, 07:15 AM, said in EV: Renegade:

A ship needs to have a DeathDelay of greater than about 5 in order to blow up. If its DeathDelay is lower, it will remain an immortal, unselectable hulk after it dies.

Which is useful for creating all sorts of system decorations 🙂

@guy, on Oct 14 2006, 05:22 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

Which is useful for creating all sorts of system decorations 🙂

How delightfully bizarre! 😄 !!!

A Christmas TC...

Thanks for the help guys! those little __s did in fact make nice decorations!. I have finished weapons and theyr outfits. i have begun testin g them. (aganst those ___s in the ___ sistem. Findings:
"Tirminex Missiles are fun!"
if projectiles go fast, they leave expanding circles of particals after them. help me.
No matter how I try, the missile will not do what I want it to! it kills me with it's explosion, and will not display the explosion no matter what i do!
Finally,m what if we make a place to put wierd pitfalls (Such as the beem thing) that "We fell into so you dont have to", to help newbs (Such as my self)
P.S. Do you want me to just use the names of stuff in the TC, because I'm getting confused myself with all of thease ___s? and do you want to see screenshots?
Edit: look at the resources for railguns. ether i was tieered wen I re did them, and they have 8 for both, or 6 for one and 8 for the other.

This post has been edited by Phoebus Xebdaz : 16 October 2006 - 03:02 PM

@phoebus-xebdaz, on Oct 17 2006, 08:59 AM, said in EV: Renegade:

if projectiles go fast, they leave expanding circles of particals after them. help me.

Yes? This is how the particle system works. If you don't like it don't use it.

@phoebus-xebdaz, on Oct 17 2006, 08:59 AM, said in EV: Renegade:

No matter how I try, the missile will not do what I want it to! it kills me with it's explosion, and will not display the explosion no matter what i do!

The explosion field needs to be set to the index of a boom resource. Is this what you've done?

I couldn't make sense of the rest of your post.

Okay, this is going to be a proper progress log, with an entry for everything I have done so far, and how far I’ve done it. Thanks for all of the help. I’m not nearly done, but it looks like it is on track for august 2007.

Particles: none of them behave like that in nova. I’m sure i have the settings wrong. anyway, i think its cool.
Booms: i got it to work (not the faintest how, though I re did all spin and boom resources, because i am using explosions from early games.
Systems: all outstanding bugs have been fixed. all of __*** space is 100% done. Is it just me who enjoys system resources? if it is just me, I would gladly do maps for anybody! Wen I get a subtitle it will be "Astrocartographer"! (From graph paper to in game I mean)
Weapons: mostly behaving as i like them to, aside from some over/under powering, and outstanding weird beams. only __** are done though (I'm flying around in a pirate SB with X3 speed)
Ships: they die properly now (and fixed for bays)
Spobs: almost all of ___* systems are inhabited. i have put Spobs in all of __** space.
Dudes: only ___** and __***. but those are all done.
Preambles: not very big, but sort of entertaining.
Music: Cool, but how can i convert it to mp3? (from wav)?
Ofts: all weapons done. working on upgrades.
Righting: As the good doctor trowel predicted, it is righting intensive. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Sound: I numbered them (Same for spin and boom resources), so I could easily acess them. and I got it wrong, so I had to do it over. The game sounds great though. (If anybody looks at those resources, everything will be numbered in the name). By the way, the sounds used in ev and override are used all over the place on the internet, whereas nova has far superior original sounds. finally, is tinbinbala somewhere in Australia, a creek by any chance? is the tinbinbili system a joke? am I baldley off topic?
Name/story Disclosure: as you can see, i have redacted all of the names of relevant things. If you want me to disclose the names, just ask!
Graphics: I wish there was a pathetic plying smile. I do not need graphics as good as onyx or modesty. just as good as Override will do for now! Please, I need graphics!
God, I love spellcheck

This post has been edited by Phoebus Xebdaz : 20 October 2006 - 02:44 PM

@phoebus-xebdaz, on Oct 20 2006, 09:16 AM, said in EV: Renegade:

Music: Cool, but how can i convert it to mp3? (from wav)?

I'm sure WMP could do this.

@phoebus-xebdaz, on Oct 20 2006, 09:16 AM, said in EV: Renegade:

God, I love spellcheck

You'll be using more than just a spellchecker for all your in-game righting, write?

@phoebus-xebdaz, on Oct 19 2006, 02:16 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

God, I love spellcheck

Glad to hear it.

@guy, on Oct 19 2006, 02:28 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

I'm sure WMP could do this.

You might want to have a look at this handy tool. Nice thing is it's free.

Thank you, nice people!
I'm an idiot, i know, but how do you get a sound or graphic into evnew? do you drag in or what?
I feel that the only thing that could stop this TC is graphics.
Putting dudes into sistems.
Do you want me to disclose names or not?!!?
Debugging of map almost complet!
I'v written a compleet history of renigade, up to this afternoon. I'm thinking of posting it somewhere...
Question: is itg a bad idea for common weapons to be beems. if not, dammit. if so, how do you tone down a low power beam? am I the only one in the world who loves makeing sistems?\
By the way, the spall check somehow thought something I piped was bladder... are you reading closely?
Finally, heres an idea for a one sistem TC:
You are a vyrus. you board enemy cells, capture ammo(Vyruses) and you spread. if you infect the B cell, you get a reinforcement inhibiter...
okay, crazy, but...
thanks for the converter jaca!

For a second I thought that spell check was going to be a new habit around here...

@phoebus-xebdaz, on Oct 20 2006, 01:59 PM, said in EV: Renegade:

I'm an idiot, i know, but how do you get a sound or graphic into evnew? do you drag in or what?

This got me when I first used EVNEW too. Create a new RleD/snd resource, click on the file
menu in the upper left corner and you'll be presented with 4 options: Import, Export, Close and Save, and Close and don't save. I figured this out by reading the Readme that came with EVNEW. 😄

thanks for the converter jaca!

Your welcome. Remember: Google is your friend.

Putting dudes into sistems.

If this was a cry for help: I couldn't tell. But incase it was, in the middle of the syst window are 8 fields named "Dude Types" and "Dude Probablities." Simply type in the ID of the desired dude resource(s) and voliá! I think the Dude Probablities field is pretty much self explanatory.

Edit: Ha. I guess even board veterans make speling mistakes...

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 20 October 2006 - 04:17 PM

Wen you hail a ship of a preticular government, it displays a string at random. how do you know wich number goes to each mood of each government?
Is onyx going to make a tc or what? or just a major plug?
my plug converter got slower and slower then stopped. is this a known bug?
Does anyone want to be a pers in the TC?

This post has been edited by Phoebus Xebdaz : 23 October 2006 - 05:45 PM