Onyx's shipyard

These are spin'ed already 🙂 I don't know anything about how EVNEW works, but that should shave quite a bit of time off the process that you mentioned. Spin and mask images are provided, along with EV -style target, shipyard and comm pics.

This post has been edited by rmx256 : 17 August 2006 - 05:31 PM

Sweet, but ill do it later anyways since i got an appointment i have to catch and i have to finish my summer reading essays. <_<

Glad to have the shipyard online again! rmx, I just sent Onyx an archive that includes his gifs for the engine glow hack example. If you two want to marry those up with his text and make a web page, there you go.

Glad to have the shipyard online again! rmx, I just sent Onyx an archive that includes his gifs for the engine glow hack example. If you two want to marry those up with his text and make a web page, there you go.

I'm game, let me know...

Oh look, there's all three of you online at once. May I suggest a Live Chat to help speed all this up?

Looks like I'll be re-writing the page to include the engine glow "hack", keeping it basically true to the original page for what it's worth. It makes sense to host the RLE'd versions and whatever windows-compatible thing needs to be done (I'm not up on the differences), and I can take over hosting for it at a nice, simple domain name on my server space. That's all the work I'll be doing on these old files.

and yet...

I'm thinking I'll make a new shipyard as well. I've got enough scrap laying around to get it going, and I certainly enjoy making new ships, but I don't have the time to make a full (or even small) scenario anymore. It'll be on my own time, though; no requests, no deadlines. More on that later.

In addition, I'm writing a guide to better shipbuilding, 'cause in my infinite wisdom it appears to me people could use some help and/or advice.

Hopefully I'll have the old page back online later today, but whenever I get it done I'll tell you all.

@guy, on Aug 17 2006, 04:18 PM, said in Onyx's shipyard:

Oh look, there's all three of you online at once. May I suggest a Live Chat to help speed all this up?

Lol, man that would be nice. A live chat forum... 😄

@onyx, on Aug 17 2006, 04:24 PM, said in Onyx's shipyard:

Looks like I'll be re-writing the page to include the engine glow "hack", keeping it basically true to the original page for what it's worth. It makes sense to host the RLE'd versions and whatever windows-compatible thing needs to be done (I'm not up on the differences), and I can take over hosting for it at a nice, simple domain name on my server space. That's all the work I'll be doing on these old files.

and yet...

I'm thinking I'll make a new shipyard as well. I've got enough scrap laying around to get it going, and I certainly enjoy making new ships, but I don't have the time to make a full (or even small) scenario anymore. It'll be on my own time, though; no requests, no deadlines. More on that later.

In addition, I'm writing a guide to better shipbuilding, 'cause in my infinite wisdom it appears to me people could use some help and/or advice.

Hopefully I'll have the old page back online later today, but whenever I get it done I'll tell you all.

Awesome 🙂

Onyx: Go Onyx!

Chronodrago: there is live chat. See the link at the top of the page -- the one that says "live chat?" Click it.

Unfortunately, it is rather underpopulated and doesn't have the bells and whistles of AIM, IRC, etc. I just left the dang flash chat window running behind other open windows for 5 hours, without checking up on it once. A waste of cycles for my computer, pretty much.

Ah yes, i c it now. Thanks.

Is it me, or is the link to Onyx's shipyard broken?

Okay people, I re-made the old thing. Being picky, I not only re-wrote the copy text, but re-coded it from the ground up using more modern standards. It looks pretty much the same, though. Mostly. Oh, and the engine glow tutorial is on there now as well.

Behold, the new (old) shipyard back online:
http://conecollectiv...pyard/index.htm
In a couple days, it'll have a the domain "onyxshipyard.net" pointing to it, making it easier for all to remember. The files will stay where they are, though, so the link above will remain good for all of the known future.

Thanks Dr. Trowel for being a packrat, here's to keeping things alive! Also rmx256, if you email me those RLE'd versions I'll put 'em up there and give you credit for 'em.

@chronodrago, on Aug 17 2006, 08:28 PM, said in Onyx's shipyard:

Is it me, or is the link to Onyx's shipyard broken?

That's...what much of the discussion is about?

This post has been edited by Onyx : 17 August 2006 - 11:00 PM

Sweet ships and outfits Onyx :). Though I never visited your shipyard in earlier times it's great to see something this good up and running again.

This post has been edited by modesty_blaise_us : 18 August 2006 - 04:23 PM

@onyx, on Aug 17 2006, 08:59 PM, said in Onyx's shipyard:

That's...what much of the discussion is about?

I was refering to the new link that rmx256 put up.

@onyx, on Aug 17 2006, 10:59 PM, said in Onyx's shipyard:

Thanks Dr. Trowel for being a packrat, here's to keeping things alive! Also rmx256, if you email me those RLE'd versions I'll put 'em up there and give you credit for 'em.

I'll email you after I 'de-Kemetize' them: they all are named and etc for the ships in KFL that they were before I learned Mechanisto and was furthur inspired by the great Doctor Robotnik to improve my technique.
Also, if you're going to host them yourself, Onyx, I'm going to take down my mirror to save on server space (I do have hobbies other than what are apparent here, few they may be.)

Ooooooo! These are purdy! I'd use 'em, but they're a bit small for my purposes ^_^ . I will be using the weapons graphics and maybe the station/planet graphics though. Yayness!

This post has been edited by gray_shirt_ninja : 18 August 2006 - 12:35 PM

Could somoen email me the rle versions plz? Cuase i cant access the .rsc files.

http://rmx256.home.i...om/shipyard.zip

There is a zip archive of all of the RLEs that I have- note that there are a few from Onyx's shipyard that I did not use in KFL so they were not encoded to RLE, but this is the majority of them, with included 'nova-style' red interlaced target pics and shans complete with weapon exit points for most of them. I did not include the comm or shipyard pics because they were too heavily customized for KFL and I don't want them being used for other plugins: the backgrounds are heavily modified and emblazoned with images inapropriate outside the KFL idiom. I did not include ship resources for the same reason: I was not about to go and erase all of the NCBs and other fields and stuff, it would of taken me hours and the point here is to get it out quickly. You'll have to find some other solution for them for the time being. All resource names are blank so you'll have to find out for yourself what they all are: if people would of been a little more patient I would of gone back and assigned Onyx's original names to them but apparently the community just wants them now so here they are. 🙂

Let me know if anyone else gets a bad link.

This post has been edited by rmx256 : 18 August 2006 - 01:49 PM

Works great, thanks.

@rmx256, on Aug 18 2006, 02:41 PM, said in Onyx's shipyard:

Wow -- Those are incredibly beautiful when they spin. And to think they started out as 256-color images. Clearly, Onyx is even more of a master than I realized from looking at the PICT-resource versions. Did you depixelate and sharpen somehow, rmx, or did you just EnRLE Onyx's originals?

@rmx256, on Aug 18 2006, 11:41 AM, said in Onyx's shipyard:

... if people would of been a little more patient I would of gone back and assigned Onyx's original names to them but apparently the community just wants them now so here they are. 🙂

Works great, thanks! I think this will work for now, but someday one of us might be bored and want to polish it a little. In any case, I'll put it up on the shipyard page later today, and when improvements are made I'll upload those as well.

You people rock.

EDIT: http://www.onyxshipyard.net/ is now live!

This post has been edited by Onyx : 18 August 2006 - 06:21 PM

Us peoples needed ships and did things the right way- by getting placeholder ships instead of begging the community for free ships for an untested project 🙂 If it hadn't have been for Onyx's ships frankly KFL wouldn't be where it is now and for that I am forever in the debt of the Onyx.