GTW Game 18

wtf? What's with this last-minute business? For my own sanity, original Big Board quoted below, with votes that were changed and what they were changed to in bold brackets.

@mrxak, on Feb 5 2008, 06:53 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

_The Big Board reads:

Anon - Anon
darth_vader -
1Eevee1 -
GutlessWonder - 1Eevee1
Hypochondriac - Anon
JacaByte - Anon
kickme -
Mackilroy - Anon
nfreader - Anon
rebelswin_85 - Anon
Rickton - {1Eevee1}
RJC Ultra - Anon
Shlimazel - Anon
SoItBegins - Anon {1Eevee1}_

I'm making a note that two people's votes changed, not three, including one abstention changed to a vote, and that this had no effect upon the end result. SoItBegins changed his vote at the last minute a second time, but is the only one to have repeated this. Also, last time he vehemently declared he had nothing to do with his changed vote. So there's that.

This controversy was so last round. Also, you apparently missed the changes in the first round too (which, similar to this round, had no effect on the outcome).

24h until we find out if Anon was guilty or innocent. I suggest we all wait till them before voting.

Am I right that we get to know about Anon in 24 hours and about Jacabyte in 48?

He would have left a note, but nobody told him he was about to die...

This controversy was so last round. Also, you apparently missed the changes in the first round too (which, similar to this round, had no effect on the outcome).

Not strictly true. Gutless Wonder would have been scragged if the votes hadn't changed.

24h until we find out if Anon was guilty or innocent. I suggest we all wait till them before voting.

I agree. If he was innocent, then we should vote for nfreader.

If Anon is innocent, then we should definitely take a very long, close look at nfreader. But don't forget, one of the dictators may have duped him into believing they were an intelligence agent or the likes of and is using him as a fall guy. We have to be careful here or the dictators will murder us.

@rjc-ultra, on Feb 5 2008, 12:52 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

Am I right that we get to know about Anon in 24 hours and about Jacabyte in 48?

Correct. I would ask people to start voting now, instead of waiting 24 hours. You can always change your vote, remember.

@shlimazel, on Feb 5 2008, 01:11 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

Not strictly true. Gutless Wonder would have been scragged if the votes hadn't changed.

I said first round, not second. In the first round two people changed their votes, and the result was exactly the same as it would have been.

One thing you might like to know:

To whoever has been screwing with my vote: I will find you and destroy you, if it takes me 5 games to do it. I am talking Out of Character here, so be warned.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 05 February 2008 - 02:09 PM

@mackilroy, on Feb 5 2008, 07:22 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

If Anon is innocent, then we should definitely take a very long, close look at nfreader.

We can learn from recent games that he mostly just votes random, so he could have made everything up.

@mrxak, on Feb 5 2008, 09:30 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

Not missed, just too lazy at the time to go back and add those votes. The second round is the only one where they actually mattered. What has me really confused is why they're being changed at all in cases where they don't matter. Either it's relatively random and the one time it mattered was a fluke, or the person manipulating votes hasn't been very successful in getting the outcome he desires.

@rjc-ultra, on Feb 5 2008, 11:19 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

We can learn from recent games that he mostly just votes random, so he could have made everything up.

It seems to me there's a difference between "voting randomly" and "forcibly stating you know someone is a terrorist and encouraging others to vote for him based on that evidence."

rebelswin_85 has a point, RJC.

With the vote changing that's going on, it appears there might be someone with the ability to change certain votes without the voter knowing about it. Unfortunately this can't be proved, but I can't think of any other methods as the moment that would do this. Ideas?

Maybe mrxak is doing it!! !sinisterness!

JacaByte, you're dead. Stop talking, it's creeping me out.
Anyway, I know mrxak isn't doing it, and the person who is doing it probably isn't that dangerous. I do have to wonder about the why of the vote changing. First round, darth_vader and Gutless' votes were simply switched and nothing happened. Secound round, darth_vader's and Gutless' were switched again, and SoItBegins' was changed to something else that resulted in a tie. This round, mine and SoItBegin's were changed to who nobody but Gutless had voted for and Gutless and darth remained in place. Which is weird because it seems like it adds a new one each round, and yet this round the original 2 weren't affected.

Now then, only once has the vote changing actually resulted in something. And only once have the votes actually gone towards the same target, 1Eevee1, who wasn't even voting. Even if Gutless and darth had both also voted for 1Eevee1, it wouldn't have even made a difference because there were still so many votes for Anon. However, this is the first time the vote changing has seemed anything besides totally random, so you want to explain what the vote-changer's got in for you, 1Eevee1?

This post has been edited by Rickton : 05 February 2008 - 03:35 PM

If it helps any, I PMd mrxak last round to try and use legalese to lock my vote in, protecting it from the mystery vote-changer.

mrxak wrote back, saying 'No'.

Rickton, I refuse to accept your vote unless you can sum it up in 3 words or less.

And indeed, I only have my gut instinct with regards to the vote changer.

He's out for me because... I'm sexier then he is.

EDIT - It's obvious, mrxak's the vote changer, because if he wasn't, he would have said No in a variety of confusing languages and tones. AM I RIGHT?

This post has been edited by 1Eevee1 : 05 February 2008 - 05:51 PM

@soitbegins, on Feb 5 2008, 03:40 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

If it helps any, I PMd mrxak last round to try and use legalese to lock my vote in, protecting it from the mystery vote-changer.

mrxak wrote back, saying 'No'.

Actually I said "Nope."

@1eevee1, on Feb 5 2008, 04:46 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

Rickton, I refuse to accept your vote unless you can sum it up in 3 words or less.

And indeed, I only have my gut instinct with regards to the vote changer.

He's out for me because... I'm sexier then he is.

EDIT - It's obvious, mrxak's the vote changer, because if he wasn't, he would have said No in a variety of confusing languages and tones. AM I RIGHT?

Of course mrxak is changing the votes, but probably at the behest of a player whose special role involves him being able to randomize or otherwise change a few votes each round.

coughHackercough

"Oh my," mrxak said in a nervous fashion. "The autopsy for JacaByte was going to be conducted a few minutes ago, but the body is gone!