~ A P O P H I S ~

ANNOUNCMENT: my computer has arrived! it has blender and photoshop already on it, but my dad needs to transfer what is left of my old computer to it. I believe he will do that today.

it's getting close people! 😉

Good luck to you, Yoda!

I did a bit of modeling today, and came up with this:

Posted Image

the Corsair is a smaller ship, capable of landing on a planets surface. the ring folds up like this:

Posted Image

this is a first draft, and nowhere near finished.

what do you think?

Very nice! Your stuff has really improved a lot.

well, I was feeling inspired today, so I went ahead and modeled the LS Battleship. (the first of the 3 shown above)

Posted Image

still need to model some guns and things.

also, I put Corsair into the game, although I need to redo it.

@yamfries, on Jun 22 2008, 10:17 AM, said in ~ A P O P H I S ~:

this is a first draft, and nowhere near finished.

what do you think?

See? Your modeling got better. 🙂

As for hints on the Corsair, you might want to do it so that it rotates 36/64/72/how many frames you want it to (although I suggest 72 for smooth turning), and then, make another rotation of the Corsair, except have it so that the ring moves upwards/downwards, and then do the rotation again. That's how the Argosy can extend the nacelles when you're about to enter hyperspace, and that's also how the Dumpster in Polycon opens its side hatches to open fire on an enemy.

This would make it more realistic. Then you can modify it so that the ring comes up when you are firing your weapons, or when you're entering hyperspace. Heck, it'd be cool if the inside of the ring glowed when you got hit (shield glow). 😉

@yamfries, on Jun 22 2008, 04:11 PM, said in ~ A P O P H I S ~:

well, I was feeling inspired today, so I went ahead and modeled the LS Battleship. (the first of the 3 shown above)

Good, but the bars supporting the rings look flimsy, and there doesn't seem to be enough support. Could you either add more or make them thicker?

Other than that, your work looks great.

man, I'm on a roll!

Posted Image

a heavy transport ship.

Yes, you are. I can't help but notice that you like rings. :laugh:

@king_of_manticores, on Jun 22 2008, 08:16 PM, said in ~ A P O P H I S ~:

Yes, you are. I can't help but notice that you like rings. :laugh:

I am trying to create a new style of ships, based off the images I posted earlier.

@yamfries, on Jun 22 2008, 10:45 PM, said in ~ A P O P H I S ~:

I am trying to create a new style of ships, based off the images I posted earlier.

One suggestion of mine is about the rings. I think they should be a little thicker so that they dont look flimsy in play. Otherwise, absolutely perfect.

@yamfries, on Jun 22 2008, 07:45 PM, said in ~ A P O P H I S ~:

That's fine. It'd be a good idea, though, to use some of your older style of ships.

And don't be afraid to download plug-ins, like Polycon, so you can study different types of ships and create designs based off of them.

@oryhara, on Jun 22 2008, 10:58 PM, said in ~ A P O P H I S ~:

One suggestion of mine is about the rings. I think they should be a little thicker so that they don't look flimsy in play. Otherwise, absolutely perfect.

ok 😉

@king_of_manticores, on Jun 22 2008, 11:09 PM, said in ~ A P O P H I S ~:

That's fine. It'd be a good idea, though, to use some of your older style of ships.

And don't be afraid to download plug-ins, like Polycon, so you can study different types of ships and create designs based off of them.

I am planning on it. 😉

EDIT: king of manticores, is it possible to make the ring fold down when you click to land on a planet? because that is the only time the ring would fold.

This post has been edited by Yoda Almighty : 23 June 2008 - 06:59 AM

Nice job Yoda!!! I really like your work 🙂

I think the first ship (corsair?) is by far the coolest but none the less they are all cool.

I like the rings the way they are. Flimsieness makes ships more interesting sometimes.

@shlimazel, on Jun 23 2008, 11:09 AM, said in ~ A P O P H I S ~:

I like the rings the way they are. Flimsieness makes ships more interesting sometimes.

That's your viewpoint. 🙂

One suggestion of mine is about the rings. I think they should be a little thicker so that they dont look flimsy in play. Otherwise, absolutely perfect.

And that's yours. Did you have a point with that?

@shlimazel, on Jun 23 2008, 11:31 AM, said in ~ A P O P H I S ~:

And that's yours. Did you have a point with that?

I believe it's "do you have a problem with that" :laugh: and no, I don't 🙂

This post has been edited by oryhara : 23 June 2008 - 06:23 PM

You better not. 😉

now now people, no arguing please 😉

I will make the rings a little thicker, but also add some stuff on them.

I am having some problems with making RleD's. I can't get SpinApp to work, and making them by hand is not working either. does anyone know of a good RleD making program other than SpinApp?

What trouble are you having with SpinApp?