~ A P O P H I S ~

well, the program starts fine, but when I drag sets of 36 images into the program by either method, it just doesn't do anything. i left it for about an hour to see if it was just taking a long time, and... nothing. when I do it by hand (dragging each individual frame into photoshop) 1.) it takes forever, and 2.) it somehow ends up skewed, so the spin isn't smooth. it shifts back and fourth, and the edge of the image shows. (when I put the images into Mission computer, it tells me the image does not divide evenly into that many frames.)

Hrm. I don't think I can help you with that, I don't use SpinApp much anymore. Sorry.

I was screwing around with photoshop and blender today, and came up with this, almost by accident. pretty cool, eh?

Posted Image

Cargo crate. Totally.

@yamfries, on Jun 23 2008, 04:34 PM, said in ~ A P O P H I S ~:

I was screwing around with photoshop and blender today, and came up with this, almost by accident. pretty cool, eh?

Posted Image

Nice! I agree with shlimferazel.

Yoda, I have the answer for SpinApp. Do NOT download it from the Nova Addons page. That one doesn't work. Download it from the maker's website.

Shlim who?

well, problem solved. I just had to make the images smaller, unfortunately the image quality isn't very good. (apparently a lot is lost when converting from Jpeg to PICT. :()

@shlimazel, on Jun 23 2008, 05:33 PM, said in ~ A P O P H I S ~:

Shlim who?

Shlim you. :laugh:

Yoda, never save your originals as JPEG. Only ever use a lossless format, such as TIFF, PICT, BMP, PNG, etc.

ok. thanks for the tip 🙂

@yamfries, on Jun 23 2008, 01:34 PM, said in ~ A P O P H I S ~:

My first impression was that it was a box, but after reading Shlimazel's comment, I'm thinking, "Oh, a cargo crate." Perhaps you should lengthen it, or probably make it look like an external cargo container. Other than that, I think it's pretty good in detail.

Shlim you.

I said that because you put Shlimferazel. My name is Shlimazel.

Yoda, never save your originals as JPEG. Only ever use a lossless format, such as TIFF, PICT, BMP, PNG, etc.

Hmm. Is PSD lossless?

@yamfries, on Jun 23 2008, 04:34 PM, said in ~ A P O P H I S ~:

Posted Image

its a Borg cube if you replace all the red with green.

hey folks. another ship, and I am extremely happy with the results. especially the guns. 😄

when I finished it, I named it the first (coherent) thing that came to mind, which was The Daemon

Posted Image
I think it's quite appropriate :laugh:

by the way, in case anybody has been wondering, I have been putting each in a pseudo-scene 1.) to make them look cooler (obviously) and 2.) to practice my lighting skills, getting the object to match the background, and stuff like that.

This post has been edited by Yoda Almighty : 24 June 2008 - 07:54 PM

That's a mighty handsome ship Yoda! This is going to sound funny, but my favorite part is the cockpit. It puts the entire thing into perspective (I assume it's a small-medium craft, correct?)

@yamfries, on Jun 25 2008, 12:53 AM, said in ~ A P O P H I S ~:

when I finished it, I named it the first (coherent) thing that came to mind, which was The Daemon

Plagiarism! :laugh:

(edit)One thing I'd recommend is that placing a bump map on the panel texture you used. I don't remember what 3-d program you use, but in my experience it's usually really easy. That will help it look much more life-like and less flat (the texture, that is; the modeling is spectacular).

This post has been edited by Archon : 24 June 2008 - 08:46 PM

@yamfries, on Jun 24 2008, 05:53 PM, said in ~ A P O P H I S ~:

hey folks. another ship, and I am extremely happy with the results. especially the guns. 😄

jaw meets floor An amazing vessel, Yoda. Archon's comment...

@archon, on Jun 24 2008, 06:42 PM, said in ~ A P O P H I S ~:

That's a mighty handsome ship Yoda!

...is simply not enough for that. And as for Archon, I agree.

Well, given that that's the same word ("handsome") that pipeline used to describe what I see as the most beautiful ship in Nova, it carries more weight than you may think. 😉

hahaha. thanks everyone.

If I knew how to do a bump map, I would have, However, tomorrow I will look p some tutorials, and actually texture this sucker. (the one there now is using blender's built in materials system.)

@archon, on Jun 24 2008, 08:03 PM, said in ~ A P O P H I S ~:

Well, given that that's the same word ("handsome") that pipeline used to describe what I see as the most beautiful ship in Nova, it carries more weight than you may think. 😉

Hmm, but it still isn't enough to describe Yoda's ship. It's a little above the rank of "handsome".