GTW Host Order

I believe you want to conform to the hosting rules, it's just I don't believe you actually understand them enough to do so.

SIB, I'm sorry to say this, but looking at your track record with GTW I'd have to say that I can agree with where the others are coming from. I hope that being able to host the next round of The War makes up for things somewhat, though of course The War has a smaller audience.

Actually, I've changed my mind (surprise). I'd be willing to give him one more chance. If he fails then, he's out. If he manages to do well, then all to the better.

However, I'd rather you not host for say, ten-fifteen games from now.

Well, in that case, here's what I'll do. I won't bring up the subject of hosting for at least six (6) months (so I don't keep sounding like a broken record.) In the mean time, I'll just have fun playing GTW!

EDIT: Vow Rescinded.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 04 September 2008 - 06:53 PM

SIB, I was against your hosting last time and I'm against your hosting ever again.

All right, but I should mention that GTW is starting to get less and less fun for me. I can't host? OK, fine. However, when I'm playing I usually get killed in the first or second round (and spectatorship is kind of boring.) Why can't the bad guys pick on someone ELSE? I'm not even sure why I get killed-- I'm not really that much of a threat. mrxak? I can see why. He's (to put it mildly) charismatic; as a result he gets targeted a lot. I, meanwhile, am feeling a bit more like that nice lamb that the lion's about to eat for supper.

OK. I said it. Any advice there?!

EDIT: Sorry about this (above) ... I just needed to vent a bit, I guess.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 30 June 2008 - 08:40 PM

Hey, guys, would it be possible for me to host a round sometime in the future?

I had an idea for an alternate setting which is centered around the rebellion of the colonial martian goverment from the earth goverment. The players would be the captains of warships who have been summoned to a base on the moon, because some of the players are sympathizers to the martian rebels and the millitary wants to eliminate the sympathizers (of course!). What do you guys think?

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 05 July 2008 - 09:54 AM

Uh, are there nukes?

Of course! The basic setup is the same. The background for the game is just different, that's all.

If you can fit it into GTW somehow, go for it. I've added you to the floating host list.

Ok, excellant! I can host as soon as we have a game available, provided it's still the summer by the time that occurs.

Assuming an average of two weeks for each upcoming game, I think it'll be nearly three months before you get to host. 😉

Having joined game 26, and having played similar games, I would like to request being a host. I have a really cool and unique idea...

I didn't post about it, but you've been added to the floating hosts list. I've also updated everything else, and RJC Ultra needs to specify if he wants to host Game 28 or if he'd rather wait some more.

I bumped my own name up the list (from floating to an assigned game). I hope nobody has any strong objections. I just worry what Eugene Chin will do if I don't finish the story from my last game ;). If Manta's not around, I'll be happy to host the very next game, but otherwise I'll just take the next one after that.

After the last couple game's confusion about who was hosting, I think we should assign a few more games to get a good queue going again. To that end, whoever two of these four people makes the next two posts, you will be added after my name on the host list for future games:

RJC Ultra
EKHawkman
Shlimazel
Rebelious

The remaining two, and anyone else who wants to be get on the floating list, will be put on (or stay on) the floating list.

I'm extremely sure I'll be around for the game I'm to host. I'm already starting to work up the story for the game too.

I can host, just be aware that I'm not around on Thursdays or Fridays.

It occurs to me that depending on when the current game ends, and when Manta's game ends, I may or may not be around. If it's after the beginning of August, should be fine.

Unfortunately the hard drive on my computer died a couple of days ago. I will not be able to host the next game and I am unsure when I will be able to host (dependant on me getting my laptop back from apple). Because of this please just remove my name from the host list.

Per your request I've removed you. 🙂