GTW Host Order

Looking over the last several games, it seems clear that we have lost some of the simplicity of the game, in exchange for ever more convoluted, complicated, and potentially game breaking rules. I would like to host a back-to-the-roots game, which dispatches with some of this silliness. Put me on the list in the next available slot that is not taken by someone who objects to my preempting their game.

xander

mrxak was next in line, but willing to wait. I don't think he'd mind you taking over for him this next round.

@mackilroy, on Apr 30 2008, 12:18 AM, said in GTW Host Order:

mrxak was next in line, but willing to wait. I don't think he'd mind you taking over for him this next round.

It is up to him. mrxak?

xander

Piff, I don't mind. I only lasted one round in GTW 22. <_<

I would like to host game 26 or so if its alright.

I'll move you up the floating host list, but I think we might want to close it due to the number of people we have interested. Maybe reopen things after a few of the current hosts have gone through their games. We already know the next three hosts, and we've got seven floating hosts, so that's enough to last us for months.

Sweet. In the mean time I will continue to write scenarios for which the events will take place. I love the idea of being a madman in control of millions of innocent lives. Should I be worried?

I'll just point out that I'm likely to have to move down the hosting order. I'm leaving for a week long camp on the 25th, and wont be back until the 30th.

Okay, well I'll be next, and my games are usually popular, so it may take a while anyway.

Please put me on the definite, non-floating list.

I've moved you to game 27 and EKHawkman to game 26. Also, now that we've got several upcoming hosts and plenty of floating hosts, I'll be locking this topic until we don't have most of those hosts anymore. If you've got any questions/comments, PM me, please.

I'm unlocking this again, as we're down to two names on the list, and one's about to host a game now. I don't have time to edit the first post now, but I'll get back to it at some point if Mackilroy or somebody doesn't beat me to it.

SoItBegins wants to host again, I know, but the expression "two strikes, you're out" keeps running through my head. Anyway, it's up for thoughts.

I've updated the list, though there's some clarification that could be used regarding Game 24, mrxak. 😛

Also, we still have plenty of floating hosts, though their order is up for grabs and should be figured out.

Regarding SoItBegins, I'm against him ever hosting again. Sorry, SIB, but you didn't improve much (if at all) in your second game from your first.

There's some talk of splitting the next game into two games, to keep the games smaller.

mrxak forgot to mention the one thing that you will be glad to hear: The next game I host will be 10 Commandments safe. I will adhere to each and every of mrxak's 10 GTW commandments.

So, I say: Please. Let me host one more time. That is all I ask of you.

You kinda promised that last time too.

What do I have to do to prove to you that I will actually keep my word? I've checked 10 times to make sure that the idea I have in mind is both 10Csafe and shouldn't cause any trouble.

Ohh, for...

(gets down on bended knee)

Fine. I swear on the grave of my old Classic II (wherever it is now) that the next game of Global Thermonuclear War that I host will conform to every single one of mrxak's 10 GTW commandments.

The theatrics aren't really helping. As mrxak said, you said you'd change before, and you did, but you changed for the worse. Fool us once, shame on you. Fool us twice, shame on us.

I don't think you understand. Me swearing on that is pretty much the highest oath I can make (I'd do 'on my mother's grave', but she's not dead yet), and is COMPLETELY BINDING. Moreover, I propose this deal:

1. If, and ONLY if, I break any of mrxak's 10 GTW Commandments the next time I host a game of GTW,

2. THEN I, myself, will PM Magnus and request that I be barred from the DEFCON forum, forever.

Now, will you agree?

Oh, I get it. I simply don't trust you. And you shouldn't have to swear to get people to believe you.

Also, though I could be wrong, I don't believe there's any way to ban you from the DEFCON forum without banning you from the forums entirely.

Don't forget, I have nothing against you playing.