GTW Host Order

Boohoo. Fix it yourself, mrxak. 😛 I haven't been home a lot the past three days.

Since this has been languishing...

With the last game there was some dissension about the rules. I'll ask that a host write up a set of rules for the game (may differ depending on host) so that way everyone's clear. Perhaps one set of rules posted publicly for everyone, then whatever extra rules apply only to the terrorists PMed to them?

Deal me out of hosting a GTW game. It looks as if I'm going to be strapped for time during summer break...

Understood, JacaByte.

Also, we need to decide if we're allowing SoItBegins to host...

I'd let him host another game.

I'd give him another shot at hosting. I think it's been enough time and I'm sure he's learned from his mistakes.

I'd let myself host.

Obviously.

I'm still in favor of you not hosting. Anyone else want to throw in their opinions?

I'm against SoItBegins hosting again so soon, waiting a few more games to host may make his next game more successful.

I would like to point out that I've been waiting for two months. I have learned my lesson right now, and I really won't create a game that was as misbalanced as my last try. If you still don't believe me, why not give me a chance to prove myself instead of making me wait?

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 08 April 2008 - 03:04 AM

I think you guys still ragging on SIB are just being mean now. If you don't want to play next game, don't sign up, but don't deny him the chance to do better than he did last time. I wouldn't mind a small game, because I'm up for one no matter who is hosting.

Like I said in the sign up sheet, If he can fly in a yellow ubershuttle he sure as hell can host a game about everybody dying.

I don't know what SiB did last time he hosted, but from what I gather, it was a scenario that was horrendously unbalanced and made people mad. It seems to me that since he has done that once, he doesn't need "more time" to figure out how to do it correctly-- he just needs to consciously consider the mistakes he made last time, and do it right this time. As I said, I don't know the specifics, but from what I can tell it isn't some deadly character flaw with SiB, it was just a bad decision in how the game was run, one that can be avoided not through months of consideration and meditation or whatever you guys want him to do, but simply a sincere effort to not do it again. Unless something completely unbelievably absurd went on in his last game, there's no reason to not want SiB to host except anger.

He put a role into the game (Two in fact; one of them was rogue) that could alter any of the occurrences in the game, to put things bluntly.

SIB put the two god-moding characters in, which he still fails to recognize as a problem. He also put in multiple roles that could either change votes or even control other players entirely, completely unfair to those players who were being controlled. Then to top it all off, instead of letting someone win at the end, he killed the last two players to masturbate his ego. This is why he is unfit for hosting so soon.

@manta, on Apr 16 2008, 12:00 AM, said in GTW Host Order:

SIB put the two god-moding characters in, which he still fails to recognize as a problem. He also put in multiple roles that could either change votes or even control other players entirely, completely unfair to those players who were being controlled. Then to top it all off, instead of letting someone win at the end, he killed the last two players to masturbate his ego. This is why he is unfit for hosting so soon.

On top of this, Game 17 had fourteen players. All but two of them had some sort of special powers.

I'm not going to object to him hosting Game 22 - it's... possible... that he's actually learned from his mistakes.
But neither will I be subjecting myself to another of his games until I know he's learned from them.

Given the way Game 17 was arranged, SIB saying that his plans for Game 22 require at least seventeen people does not instill me with confidence in this regard.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 16 April 2008 - 02:52 PM

Somebody needs to modify the first post to reflect SIB hosting the current game, and also whatever happened in the last one, since I wasn't paying the slightest attention to it.

I've added everything in.

So far Its alright. Also I don't think he needs 17 people. Its just it would fit in better. In a semi related subject I would like to host a game soon. Could someone PM me when a spot becomes available.

I've added you to the floating hosts list. Just keep checking this topic.