Global Thermonuclear War 31

@templar98921, on Sep 21 2008, 06:30 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War 31:

RJC Ultra, I'm sorry.

My own fault; I clearly wasn't around most of the time.

The people who are voting with me, the people you are voting for me because of, are people I have convinced that you are innocent and the other people are guilty. That is the shiny bubble.

In any case, for somebody that is allegedly controlling the entire game, I still haven't managed to kill the person who was #1 on my list. The #2 person got offed by the assassin and terrorists. The #3 person I'm voting for now because my alleged followers didn't go for my #1 again and voted for #3 first. And the #4 was voted out the same way... people ignored my vote and went their own way. You are giving me way too much credit here.

Am I right the round ends tonight?

Yes, and by my count the vote is:

GutlessWonder: (3)
JacaByte
LNSU
mrxak

mrxak: (2)
Templar98291
GutlessWonder

No vote: (1)
prophile

So it looks like prophile has control of the vote for now, assuming he shows up...

A tie does nobody any favours since it effectively gives the terrorists a free kill, so on the off-chance, GutlessWonder.

Then it's settled:

GutlessWonder: (4)
JacaByte
LNSU
mrxak
prophile

Templar98291
GutlessWonder

Well, let's hope it stays that way.

The round will be ending in a little over three hours. I've received both my PMs, so it's all down to voting, and unless someone in the Gutless camp switches at the last moment, it looks like he's screwed.

Also, SIB, you're allowed one death post. Stop breaking rules.

This post has been edited by orcaloverbri9 : 21 September 2008 - 07:39 PM

If you want I can delete his second post.

It was a good run. It doesn't appear that there's anyone I could convince to switch. This death, shall be for my people.

/me closes eyes, then opens one in a desperate hope...

🙂

@orcaloverbri9, on Sep 21 2008, 07:39 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War 31:

The round will be ending in a little over three hours. I've received both my PMs, so it's all down to voting, and unless someone in the Gutless camp switches at the last moment, it looks like he's screwed.

@mrxak, on Sep 21 2008, 08:51 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War 31:

If you want I can delete his second post.

I took care of it. 🙂 And I'm not even playing. 😛

@orcaloverbri9, on Sep 22 2008, 08:39 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War 31:

So, about now?

@templar98921, on Sep 22 2008, 12:11 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War 31:

So, about now?

Yep. 😄

Okay, yeah, GutlessWonder was the other terrorist. He's dead, although he took out JacaByte along the way.

Basically, mrxak was a beast this game. In the first round, he suspected jrsh92, and he was right. In the second round, he suspected GutlessWonder, and he was right. Unfortunately for the innocents, it took two more rounds to convince them.

Roles:
jrsh92 - terrorist
GutlessWonder - terrorist
JacaByte - intelligence agent
kickme - assassin

Good game everyone.

Final player list:
- kickme
- LNSU
- mrxak
- prophile
- Templar98291

By the way, I observed the IA closely, and decided that the no-reveal rule didn't really affect the game much; given the strong backlash, and the fact that the twist it played on the game (forcing the IA to make a case rather than just come right out) wasn't as interesting as the numerous ways "I'm the IA" could be used, the IA will have full flexibility to use his/her role as he/she sees fit next time.

This post has been edited by orcaloverbri9 : 21 September 2008 - 11:58 PM

@jacabyte, on Sep 22 2008, 11:39 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War 31:

Then it's settled:

GutlessWonder: (4)
JacaByte
LNSU
mrxak
prophile

Templar98291
GutlessWonder

You forgot me!

kickme is irrelevant 😛

So yeah, I WIN!!! See, this is the benefit of not killing me the first round like so many of you seem to want to do lately.

@mrxak, on Sep 22 2008, 04:07 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War 31:

See, this is the benefit of not killing me the first round like so many of you seem to want to do lately.

That's EXACTLY what a terrorist would say. 😛

My best move would have been to off mrxak the first night, but having only 5 minutes twice a day to play got the best of me (I went to bed that first night hoping that jrsh would have pm'd orcaloverbri). After that, and his suspicions of me, I didn't want to just kill him, so I let him hang around for a while and tried to circumvent him during the day game, hoping that him not dying would be enough to disprove the people he was pointing a finger at. Unfortunately for me, it wasn't. When JacaByte became so adamant about my death I figured he was the IA, but it had been a tossup between him and SIB the previous round, and unfortunately I picked SIB (so if I had gotten mrxak the first round, followed by letting SIB get taken out by the assasin and thusly eliminating the IA, it would have been a much different game).

Of course, shoulda, coulda, woulda.

I did really badly that game. Between assuming that a PM would be sent by Gutless the first round, (or possibly I was just too used to the round ends, PM's are sent, and THEN action is taken system,) and making myself very out in the open the first round, I really messed it up by the end of just the first round. I was almost hoping Gutless would die the very next round, then we could make it look like a bad joke instead of just a badly played game on my part 😕

Damn and blast, I got killed. I made a gamble for the fifth round; I knew that prophile, mrxak and myself were innocent. For sure. I found a post by jrsh92 in the first round where he voted for kickme, and decided that he wouldn't try to draw attention away from himself and get his fellow terrorist killed. Risky, bold, wasteful. Not worth the death.

Since mrxak was trying to draw the vote to prophile, and I knew for sure that he was innocent, I decided to push the vote towards somebody whose role I didn't know. GutlessWonder was the easiest choice, I didn't think he was the terrorist. I was going to investigate Templar for round 4, and if he showed up as an innocent, I was going to tell the assassin to kill himself (kickme, since I still didn't know his role for sure) and have the council kill LNSU. I was hoping that the terrorist didn't figure out who I was by then.

But he did. Anyway, the downsides to this plan if it didn't work are obvious; the council wouldn't have the information I'd already gathered and behead innocents whose roles I did know. But the upsides were tremendous. I went for the gamble, and got killed.

Good game, but if either Templar or LNSU had been the second terrorist, and I didn't get killed, it would have been much better. 🙂

I SURVIVED