Global Thermonuclear War 31

Why not, mrxak was right last round.
GutlessWonder
If you haven't noticed by now, My strategy is to vote seemingly at random, wait for other people's reactions, and redicide late in the round.

Okay, GutlessWonder.

Since GutlessWonder voted only to bring more people into the mix that ultimately led to a terrorists death, I'm going to vote for him, GutlessWonder. Who knows? Maybe jrsh92's fellow terrorist was trying to bail him out of certain death?

I've seen GutlessWonder do even less sensible things as an innocent in past games; but only a handful of the remaining options really catch my attention.

Here's what I'm thinking:
Immediately after orcaloverbri9's first call for PM's, kickme and GutlessWonder were active. Within an hour, Templar98921 had also posted.

They could have been expected to see orca's call for PM's.

Within an hour after his second call, it was mrxak, JacaByte and Eugene Chin who were around, and the same logic applies.

As the round drew to a close, both myself and LNSU were active.

Premise:
1. Assume: A terrorist who was active, either soon after orca's call for PM's or as the round was drawing to a close, would have sent in a night-kill.

2. Given: The terrorists failed to send in a night-kill.

3. Hypothesis: Since it seems that the terrorists weren't active at those points, then the people who were active during them can be removed from suspicion.

So, for the moment, I'm only looking at:

prophile
RJC Ultra
SoItBegins

So, I'm going to go with mrxak's previous hunch and say prophile , instead of Gutless.

GutlessWonder: (3)
LNSU
mrxak
JacaByte

RJC Ultra: (1)
prophile

Templar98921: (1)
GutlessWonder

prophile: (1)
Eugene Chin

No Vote: (3)
kickme
RJC Ultra
SoItBegins

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 17 September 2008 - 06:27 PM

Eugene Chin: you're overlooking the fact that this is a web forum; you don't have to be on a very specific time to view a post, you can view them whenever. In effect, it doesn't matter who was on when the posts were made, it matters who was on before the round ended.

It's also possible, but very unlikely, that the terrorists couldn't make up their mind on who to kill. I think your hypothesis relies very heavily on circumstantial evidence.

I'd be willing to switch back to prophile. I just don't want a tie.

Hmmm... I think I'll vote for prophile as well. Normally he's a bit more... visible (read: crazy) than this game (where he's been lurking. I'm convinced.

you have no chance to survive make your time

That's too for profile now, with a possible third (mrxak) if a tie comes up. I also will change my vote to avoid a tie at the last minute if necessary.

In an obvious effort to save my own skin, I'm changing my vote to prophile. I fear that my work is cutting too much into time that I should be devoting to this game, I'm pretty much only able to be on around 10 PM and 6 AM for about 5 minutes each. I'm looking at putting in around 101 hours this week.

Well, we have a tie. Nobody dies.

...except Eugene Chin, who got killed by the terrorists.

Round 3 has begun.

Goddamnit.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 18 September 2008 - 12:43 AM

@rjc-ultra, on Sep 17 2008, 01:45 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War 31:

Awww, sorry guys, I completely forgot about this one... good job on jrsh92 anyway.

Anyway, I've got no clue on who to vote for; I think everyone who voted jrsh92 last round is innocent, but all of the rest seems suspicious to me in one way or another.

I'll abstain for now.

Hmm...

Saying you completely forgot is interesting, as if you'd forgotten then you may not have sent a PM. Also, your abstention (and my not being here, though you couldn't have counted on that) caused a tie, and thus the balancing of the last round.

RJC Ultra

Ah, nuts. I thought I had another 24 hours, so I didn't make my usual last minute topic check. I have no concept of the passage of time anymore.

Okay, I'm going to assume it was

Spoiler

GutlessWonder

who had Eugene Chin killed to frame prophile and silence Eugene Chin's usual long posts about who's guilty. That, plus the fact that GutlessWonder seems to be around this time and prophile was again mostly absent. We actually had a nightkill that time, after all.

@mrxak, on Sep 18 2008, 07:13 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War 31:

Ah, nuts. I thought I had another 24 hours, so I didn't make my usual last minute topic check. I have no concept of the passage of time anymore.

Okay, I'm going to assume it was GutlessWonder who had Eugene Chin killed to frame prophile and silence Eugene Chin's usual long posts about who's guilty. That, plus the fact that GutlessWonder seems to be around this time and prophile was again mostly absent. We actually had a nightkill that time, after all.

My bad, I thought I had another 24 hours too.
GutlessWonder

This post has been edited by LNSU : 19 September 2008 - 10:15 PM

@templar98921, on Sep 18 2008, 09:41 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War 31:

Hmm...

Saying you completely forgot is interesting, as if you'd forgotten then you may not have sent a PM. Also, your abstention (and my not being here, though you couldn't have counted on that) caused a tie, and thus the balancing of the last round.

RJC Ultra

Or perhaps I refused jumping on a bandwagon without any further thinking? Why would I want a tie anyway if I were a terrorist and an innocent was going to get lynched? This is ridiculous.

And yes, I'm abstaining for the time being.

This post has been edited by RJC Ultra : 19 September 2008 - 12:45 PM

I'm going to hold off jumping on a protobandwagon for the time being. Eugene voted for prophile last round, so the obvious 'unobvious' choice would be for the evil player to have voted for prophile last round as well. However, it's a pretty common tactic (ergo, GutlessWonder), and I'm thinking the evil player would have probably avoided it. As for who voted for Gutless, two of those names (LNSU, mrxak) are probably not evil in any case, and I'm not that suspicious of the third (JacaByte).

Then, there's kickme and RJC, who didn't vote at all, and prophile, who voted for RJC Ultra. If you ask me, one of these three are the most likely to be evil (of course, like Eugene's sig says, I could be wrong.)

No vote yet, not until I see how things develop.

Sorry, it was probably my fault that you guys didn't realize that the round was ending; I didn't post any of my reminders last round. I'll make sure to this time.

I'll abstain for now, but Gutless's voting patterns don't necessarily make him evil.

I thought we had an extra 24 hours too? Oh well.

I think we should lynch

Spoiler

GutlessWonder

this round, and not make a tie like we did last time. His death will help disprove mrxak's supposition that he was trying to frame prophile, at the very least. It might also lead to another innocent's death. Who really knows?

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 19 September 2008 - 05:07 PM