Global Thermonuclear War 31

@jacabyte, on Sep 18 2008, 06:48 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War 31:

It might also lead to another innocent's death.

So we should vote for an innocent to narrow the chances of voting for a terrorist in the next round? I'm more than a little concerned at people's willingness to follow mrxak almost blindingly.

Still, I must defend myself, and the best chance I have seems to be to vote for RJC Ultra at the moment.

Just a reminder that the round will be ending in less than 16 hours.

Could we have a vote tally every time you make a post, orcaloverbri9?

I'm going with mrxak because his take-charge attitude might be blinding us to his terrorist nature. I don't know, but I thought his accusation against GutlessWonder was a little hasty.

I also think that mrxak is controlling us far too much. Are we all sheep now?

By my count, there are 3 votes for GutlessWonder, 2 for mrxak, and 2 for RJC Ultra. If we have one more vote for the latter two, then we'll have a problem on our hands; there will be a tie. We really need to keep from giving the terrorists a free kill this round, even if they didn't kill anyone in Round 1 and we didn't lynch anyone in Round 2. Our chances of killing a terrorist with a tie are nil.

For now, I'm going to change my vote to RJC Ultra. That makes it 2 votes for Gutless Wonder and 3 for RJC.

How is that any better than 3 for GutlessWonder and 2 for RJC Ultra?

As for people who are angry at me that people are following me, uh, what? If you disagree with the people who are "following" me, you should vote for them for being sheep. Pretty much by everyone's count I'm innocent, so voting for me doesn't really help things much.

According to Eugene Chin's logic, which I think got him killed for some reason, most likely because he was on the right track and the terrorists wanted to silence him, the people we should be voting for are RJC Ultra, Prophile and SoItBegins. I personally think SIB is acting no different than he does normally, but RJC Ultra and prophile both have been acting suspiciously.

I voted for RJC because he said that the people who voted for jrsh92 in the first round were innocent and everybody else seemed "suspicious in one way or another," yet he didn't pick one of those suspicious people to vote for; he abstained instead. Doesn't that sound like something a person who was trying to keep low would do?

I shall change to RJC ultra to help ensure avoiding a tie.

Fine, even though he's at the bottom of my list, he's on the list. RJC Ultra. I sure hope you're right, JacaByte, because we don't have nearly as many chances at this as we used to.

Sorry about ending this round a little late, got carried away playing the very awesome Multiwinia.

Final vote tally:

RJC Ultra
- Templar98291
- JacaByte
- LNSU
- mrxak

mrxak
- prophile
- kickme

No vote
- GutlessWonder
- SoItBegins
- RJCUltra

RJC Ultra got lynched. He was innocent.
SoItBegins was brutally murdered by both the terrorist and the assassin. Ouch.

Remaining players:
- GutlessWonder
- JacaByte
- kickme
- LNSU
- mrxak
- prophile
- Templat98291

Round 4 has begun and will end in 46 hours.

EDIT: I REALLY need to make the rounds not start at midnight next time.

This post has been edited by orcaloverbri9 : 20 September 2008 - 04:53 PM

Told you I was innocent. 😛
dies

Well good, somebody got SoItBegins. There's just two more likelies on my list. I choose...

Spoiler

prophile

Hold the phone, there, mrxak. I don't think prophile is a terrorist. It looks to me like he was framed by Eugene Chin's logic which could very easily have been faulty. I think we should go for the third person on your list, GutlessWonder. He was on your list, but not Eugene's. He may have been trying to clear his name by killing Eugene.

GutlessWonder
Lets make a kill this time, shall we?

Okay, GutlessWonder , who we should've killed last round, guys ;).

How...disappointing. So I must continue to fight for my life against the suspicions of one person, to the complete exclusion of any other names? That mrxak is able to railroad everyone like this is unfortunate. It seems to preclude any actual discussion.

In a small effort to save my own skin, here's a self-defense vote for mrxak.

Actually, I'm going to vote for mrxak too.
He has had an undue amount of influence over this game. No-one should be that much in control.

RJC Ultra, I'm sorry.

Again, targeting the person being followed instead of the followers for following, how logical. I should point out that the people who have started these votes against me the last two rounds were names on my list of bad guys. The real reason people are following my vote (and I should point out, these last two rounds I followed them ), is because I outlined clear evidence and reasoning behind why we should eliminate these people. If my argument is good enough that people are agreeing with me, that doesn't mean I'm evil.

Templar98921, I'm especially disappointed in you. I helped clear your name. That shiny bubble of protection you enjoy is because of my and Eugene Chin's efforts. Please, come and join us in voting out the only likely terrorists. We only have a few rounds left to secure our win, we don't have time to waste voting out people we know are innocent because they happen to be the most visible person attacking the short list of bad guys.

Accusing me because I'm a leader and helping to organize the innocents against the people most likely to be guilty, especially this late in the game when we don't have rounds to waste, is suicide for any innocent player.

@mrxak, on Sep 21 2008, 07:16 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War 31:

Again, targeting the person being followed instead of the followers for following, how logical. I should point out that the people who have started these votes against me the last two rounds were names on my list of bad guys.

Templar98921, I'm especially disappointed in you. I helped clear your name. That shiny bubble of protection you enjoy is because of my and Eugene Chin's efforts. Please, come and join us in voting out the only likely terrorists. We only have a few rounds left to secure our win, we don't have time to waste voting out people we know are innocent because they happen to be the most visible person attacking the short list of bad guys.

I thought the point of this game was that we didn't know who was innocent.

Also, that 'shiny bubble of protection' was Eugene Chin pointing out that Gutless Wonder's vote for me, as entirely unjustified as it was, was wrong. Gutless Wonder said 'he didn't know who to vote for, then placed a seemingly random vote for me. You then implicated Gutless Wonder and started a bandwagon with LNSU.

That's all. That's not really a 'shiny bubble of protection'.