Global Thermonuclear War 31

Considering this being the first I'm able to respond jrsh92 and LNSU's votes, you're being very aggressive, JacaByte.

But seeing as jrsh92 's 'self-defense' vote just rings hollow, and since you're right about mrxak, I'll switch for the time being.

I still think you aren't getting enough attention, though, JacaByte.

mrxak: (4)
prophile
LNSU
jrsh92
mrxak

jrsh92: (3)
JacaByte
kickme
Eugene Chin

Eugene Chin: (1)
GutlessWonder

No vote: (3)
RJC Ultra
SoItBegins
Templar98921

jrsh92

Sorry, I just don't think mrxak is guilty. This isn't because I think jrsh92 is.

EDIT:
Actually, this is interesting:

@mrxak, on Sep 16 2008, 05:56 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War 31:

jrsh92 voted for me in "self defense", even though I never voted for him and had no plan to. But apparently killing me will save him.

But it would save jrsh92! Since you have the next highest set of votes, this means that the more dumped on you the less likely it is he'll die. I wonder why both you and Eugene Chin didn't notice that. You're both smart players.

This post has been edited by Templar98921 : 15 September 2008 - 07:34 PM

jrsh92 was in a three-way tie with mrxak and kickme, with a total of six votes spread all-around.

But instead of waiting to see if one of the remaining five players tipped the balance away from himself, jrsh92 switched his vote from kickme to mrxak, effectively polarizing the vote between himself and mrxak.

Please note that jrsh92 was Not in the lead when he switched his vote. He wasn't in any particular danger, merely one out of three names in a shallow tie.

This is a rather aggressive form of "Self-Defense," if you ask me, and polarizing the whole vote could have been avoided.

(EDIT) Further, Templar, the very post you quote shows mrxak does grasp why jrsh92 switched; he just doesn't seem to agree with calling it "Self-Defense."

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 15 September 2008 - 08:02 PM

I'll change my vote to jrsh92 to break the tie.

Then, by my count that makes it:

jrsh92: (5)
JacaByte
kickme
Eugene Chin
Templar98921
LNSU

mrxak: (3)
prophile
jrsh92
mrxak

Eugene Chin: (1)
GutlessWonder

No vote: (2)
RJC Ultra
SoItBegins

SoItBegins , we know you're there, stop lurking.

Wow. Believe it or not, you guys just nabbed a terrorist in the first round. Good work.

jrsh92 is dead.

The terrorist and assassin never PMed me, but the IA did, so nobody else is dying this round.

Player list:
- Eugene Chin
- GutlessWonder
- JacaByte
- kickme
- LNSU
- mrxak
- prophile
- RJC Ultra
- SoItBegins
- Templar98921

As of Tuesday, September 16 at 12am EDT (4am GMT), Round 2 has begun. Round 2 will end on Thursday, September 18 at 12am EDT (4am GMT).

This post has been edited by orcaloverbri9 : 15 September 2008 - 11:04 PM

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

It's like we got a two-for-one sale going on!

Epic Win!

does a stupid dance

Well, who's next?

Also, Eugene Chin voting to get yourself out of a tie is Self Defense in my book. Interestingly he also got JacaByte out...

And I'm sorry about the bit I quoted. I took it to read in a sarcastic manner, thus implying he didn't understand.

FYI: I was 'lurking' (as you put it) because I was gone on an all-day trip. Sorry for the nonexistence.

I'm going to vote

Spoiler

prophile

. I believe he felt I was contentious enough of a candidate for dismissal that it would cause all kinds of a fuss. Since voting for me, he's not been heard from again.

Another possibility is SoItBegins, of course, who was gone all day and therefore could not send a PM to orcaloverbri9 in time to have one of us killed.

RJC Ultra also never showed up, so we should add his name to the shortlist as well.

GutlessWonder was also an early voter that didn't show up again.

We can't overlook the fact that we've had a non-kill by the bad guys before, and in that case there was actual activity on the part of the bad guys. However, I think this is less likely due to the fact that we killed one of them, and most of the active players voted for the guilty party.

I think we should kill people in the order of prophile, SoItBegins, GutlessWonder, then RJC Ultra.

mrxak, I'm not stupid. Had I been evil, I'd have PMd orca before I left, and come back to watch the results. I'm not exactly sure why you're gunning for me. The only good news is that I'm pretty sure you're not evil (I've developed a foolproof way to tell), so that makes two of us.

Actually...

Last round, Eugene voted for jrsh, putting jrsh at 3 votes to 4; Eugene's probably not evil, seeing as a 'vote for the other guy to provide an alibi' ploy would be pretty risky with only two evil players (no surprise, seeing how it turned out!)

LNSU broke the tie in favor of jrsh, so he's most likely not evil either; a baton-pass ploy this early in the game would be taking a major risk with not too much gain (especially seeing as orca has requested no PMs.)

So:

Not Evil
SoItBegins (me)

Probably Not Evil
mrxak
Eugene Chin
LNSU

Everybody Else

- GutlessWonder
- JacaByte
- kickme
- prophile
- RJC Ultra
- Templar98921

Hmmmmm...

SoItBegins, you could've been waiting to hear back from jrsh92, or otherwise expecting him to be the one to send the PM. I agree with you on LNSU and Eugene Chin (for now), but you have left off some people who voted for jrsh92. Since it wasn't practically unanimous like some bad guy vote-offs, it's hard to imagine that the remaining bad guy was one of them.

I voted for you, mrxak, because I found the way you put it suspicious, not purely the fact that you were the first. I would have voted the same way had it not been the first vote, unless someone more suspicious had come along.

I think this time, however, I'll go along (for the time being) with the conclusion of RJC Ultra.

Awww, sorry guys, I completely forgot about this one... good job on jrsh92 anyway.

Anyway, I've got no clue on who to vote for; I think everyone who voted jrsh92 last round is innocent, but all of the rest seems suspicious to me in one way or another.

I'll abstain for now.

(especially seeing as orca has requested no PMs.)

That request doesn't apply to evil players PMing each other.

I'll be honest; I've got no clue who to vote for. I can't find any ties from jrsh92 to other people besides those that are circumstantial, and everybody else is acting like a terrorist in their own right. I don't really trust SIB's "list" though, as it doesn't take into consideration those who voted for jrsh92. It's a dangerous thing to do at the moment, but I'm going to abstain until I can find something to act on.

If I was to get onto SIB for not being around, it'd be like <insert cliched expression here>...but I really don't know who else to vote for at the moment. I do wonder at his list of "probably not evil" players, though. For now I'm going to submit Templar98921.

This post has been edited by GutlessWonder : 17 September 2008 - 10:18 PM

Gutless: Templar's vote tied jrsh92 with mrxak, and was late enough into the round that the dictators should have been thinking about sending in a night-kill to orca, if they hadn't already (Which, clearly they hadn't).

In other words, if Templar were evil, couldn't you have expected him to at least make sure orca had a name from the traitors, or failing that, not put his partner at greater risk?

It's late here, so I'm not going to go into depth about each person who voted jrsh92 out, but in brief:

LNSU doesn't makes sense as a traitor: he voted mrxak when voting kickme would have more directly protected jrsh92, and he broke the later tie on mrxak's behalf.

JacaByte was arguing to keep mrxak alive, when it was clear this would most likely come about by lynching jrsh92. Doesn't make sense coming from a terrorist (unless it was deliberate distancing - unlikely).

kickme sometimes has problems getting online. Voting for his fellow early in the round would backfire if he couldn't get back on; this doesn't rule out that it may have happened anyway.

I was around as the round drew to a close. If I were the other traitor, and I saw that my partner was about to get lynched (by my own efforts!), I'd at least make sure to get a night-kill target in.

Seeing as jrsh92 was twitchy-twitchy-quick to use mrxak as a sacrifice to save himself, mrxak is likely also innocent; this doesn't rule out a baton-pass, but I think it's unlikely.

Guys, let's just kill the people on my list. If prophile's not sticking, let's try SoItBegins or GutlessWonder. GutlessWonder's vote this round made no sense at all when compared to any reasonable sense. Maybe he's our next reasonable choice?