Global Thermonuclear War 31

@jrsh92, on Sep 14 2008, 12:38 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War 31:

<snip>

For the last time, we're not talking about last game or the game before that, we're talking about this game!

@jrsh92, on Sep 14 2008, 12:38 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War 31:

Once again, I see what you are saying with grudges but I think this is a different situation. It wasn't like "mrxak has had me killed the first round every game since 12! We have to kill him now!", it was "when mrxak participates in games, the innocents lose."
Additionally, seeing as how I haven't done that since my first or second game and even then only did it when I was facing certain death and wanted to piss people off, waving the "you edit posts flag!" every time anyone accuses me of anything, which has been done for the last several games, is not only a prime example of the grudges you don't want me holding, but it just plain silly.

Well, the thing is, you do edit your posts from time to time, so we have to stay on our toes. Surely there's no such thing as being too careful?

And yet again, you use more circular logic and a block of text that accounts for nearly nothing. I'd like to point out that when mrxak is innocent, he's very, very dangerous to the terrorists. He can see through people's posts and connect them with their roles, which is handy when you're a terrorist, as you can impersonate anybody, but when you're innocent, that's the very skill that innocents need to pin terrorists. And mrxak has mastered it. When mrxak participates, his role decides whether or not the innocents win or lose.

At this point, it's too early to decide whether or not we should keep mrxak around or ditch him. That's been my entire point, but you think we should get rid of him now.

Woo yay, we're up to 56 times my name appears on the page.

I'm so glad this game's major drama is between jrsh92 and JacaByte. It's such a load off.

Just watch your step. If my singular vote is enough to push jrsh92 off the bench, then you're next. 😛

Hey, you just made a big speech about how I determine the entire life and death of the innocents in every game I deign to join. I can't be your savior when I'm fighting for my life now, can I? Last game I picked up on some clues with Eugene Chin, but dismissed them all too readily because people were constantly distracting me.

Well, since arguing isn't going to get me anywhere with Jacabyte and I'm not exactly sure why I'm arguing with him anyway (while I seriously considered voting for mrxak when nothing had happened, the person I am now voting for has had several more hours to show up but has not), my vote will go to

Spoiler

kickme

now. With a vote for me, suddenly voting for someone despite having no way to predict whether they are a terrorist or not seems a lot more appealing. It will be preventing the vote from going in my direction. A vote for mrxak would likely get me killed by those yelling about a grudge. Additionally, as much fun as it is to argue with Jacabyte-- it seems that he follows the common "no grudge" sentiment because prior emotions get in the way of the game being played effectively, while the "grudge" I had against mrxak was because I thought it might actually help us win-- neither of us are going to concede anything and I don't feel strongly enough about mrxak to follow that past "I have no reason to vote for anyone except for this...". Therefore, I'm done with that until Jacabyte surely brings it up again. Kickme has had a while to show up. He hasn't. I now find myself voting with mrxak, simply because mrxak's vote made the most sense in the first place, and now makes even more sense since there is now something to respond to (which kickme has not done). We'll see how this works out.

This post has been edited by jrsh92 : 15 September 2008 - 03:11 PM

@orcaloverbri9, on Sep 14 2008, 06:12 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War 31:

There are certainly worse things I could have done (make players who can't vote, are immune, and might get bad info, for instance),

Hey, leave me out of it!

Everybody else said:

<massive argument>

While it would be tempting to vote for mrxak based on his performance last game, I'm not going to do so. First , intergame grudges just muddle the issue, and anyway, Second , mrxak might have just been having a bad day. I don't feel justified in voting for the other players in our drama yet either. So, instead, I will leave you with this portentous reminder:

Posted Image

The pig is watching you.

Just a reminder that this round ends in 24 hours. For those that need to PM me, ensure that you do so.

Current vote tally:

jrsh92:
JacaByte

kickme:
mrxak
jrsh92

mrxak:
prophile

No vote:
Eugene Chin
GutlessWonder
kickme
LNSU
RJC Ultra
SoItBegins
Templar98921

This post has been edited by orcaloverbri9 : 14 September 2008 - 11:06 PM

Wow. Some people just don't understand that I seldomly post in the first round...

Anyways, self defence: jrsh92

So much bickering, but not enough people. Let's spread the love, and bring Eugene Chin into the mix.

As an aside, I'll likely be working all day tomorrow; seeing as how this isn't a really "for serious" vote, it is extremely likely to change at the last minute before the round closes.

I honestly don't think anyone is that suspicious.

Spoiler

Abstain.

Note that this is likely to change if I see something I think is suspicious.

This post has been edited by Templar98921 : 15 September 2008 - 07:30 PM

@jrsh92, on Sep 14 2008, 04:22 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War 31:

Well, since arguing isn't going to get me anywhere with Jacabyte and I'm not exactly sure why I'm arguing with him anyway (while I seriously considered voting for mrxak when nothing had happened, the person I am now voting for has had several more hours to show up but has not), my vote will go to kickme now. With a vote for me, suddenly voting for someone despite having no way to predict whether they are a terrorist or not seems a lot more appealing. It will be preventing the vote from going in my direction. A vote for mrxak would likely get me killed by those yelling about a grudge. Additionally, as much fun as it is to argue with Jacabyte-- it seems that he follows the common "no grudge" sentiment because prior emotions get in the way of the game being played effectively, while the "grudge" I had against mrxak was because I thought it might actually help us win-- neither of us are going to concede anything and I don't feel strongly enough about mrxak to follow that past "I have no reason to vote for anyone except for this...". Therefore, I'm done with that until Jacabyte surely brings it up again. Kickme has had a while to show up. He hasn't. I now find myself voting with mrxak, simply because mrxak's vote made the most sense in the first place, and now makes even more sense since there is now something to respond to (which kickme has not done). We'll see how this works out.

Now I think you're just repeating my name over and over again to spite me.

For the moment, I'm going to say JacaByte , as there's not enough attention on him given he jumped all over jrsh92 yesterday.

You'd think somebody would have acted on that, no?

kickme: (2)
mrxak
jrsh92

jrsh92: (2)
JacaByte
kickme

mrxak: (1)
prophile

Eugene Chin: (1)
GutlessWonder

JacaByte: (1)
Eugene Chin

No vote: (4)
LNSU
RJC Ultra
SoItBegins
Templar98921

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 15 September 2008 - 05:26 PM

After last game, I just assume JacaByte is nuts :p.

Spoiler

mrxak

to make it a three-way-tie.

edit: vote rescinded.

This post has been edited by LNSU : 15 September 2008 - 09:06 PM

LNSU, that has got to be the worst justification for a vote I have ever heard.

mrxak for plain old self defense.

as usual, my votes are rarely justified. I'm one of the guys of get rid of if you subscribe to mrxak's "kill everyone who isn't useful" philosophy.

Sometimes I wonder why I keep signing up for these.

The round will end in 6 hours. I still have not received any PMs. I need them before midnight!

Current vote tally:

kickme: (1)
mrxak

jrsh92: (2)
JacaByte
kickme

mrxak: (3)
prophile
LNSU
jrsh92

Eugene Chin: (1)
GutlessWonder

JacaByte: (1)
Eugene Chin

No vote:
RJC Ultra
SoItBegins
Templar98921

Looks like mrxak's biting it this time.

This post has been edited by orcaloverbri9 : 15 September 2008 - 04:47 PM

Right now I'm wondering why I sign up for these anymore either. Half the people never post, most of the other half do stupid votes like yours. Nobody else seems to care, so why should I?

prophile voted for me because I voted first. I didn't even know people were still using this strategy after game 10.
LNSU voted for me because he apparently likes screwing over random people.
jrsh92 voted for me in "self defense", even though I never voted for him and had no plan to. But apparently killing me will save him.
So yeah, I guess I'll vote for

Spoiler

mrxak

too. I must be evil, right? I mean, I'm always evil, and even when I'm not I'm still evil because I actually want to win. Nobody else wants to win this game, except maybe the bad guys. But hey, if none of the innocents want to work towards the common good, or even show up at all, who am I to argue.

Maybe after this game comes to its predictable conclusion, where the bad guys are so painfully obvious but none of the innocents show up to vote them out, you people will learn to not sign up if you're not willing to play the game.

@eugene-chin, on Sep 15 2008, 06:36 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War 31:

For the moment, I'm going to say JacaByte , as there's not enough attention on him given he jumped all over jrsh92 yesterday.

You'd think somebody would have acted on that, no?

Oh? And that means that you're going to? Instead of doing something more constructive, like, trying to keep mrxak around for at least one more round? I admit, if he's a terrorist we should get rid of him ASAP, but if he isn't, then we should keep him for as long as possible. Right now, keeping him alive is a gamble between letting the terrorists gain an advantage or giving the innocents an advantage, and that's a gamble I'm willing to take.