xander's Global Thermonuclear War

I've done some thinking, and what if (however unlikely) Templar and Hypo are/were terrorists? This would make all of the voters for both of them likely innocents, and cast the suspicion for the third terrorist position towards darth_vader, GutlessWonder, Mackilroy, or Prophile. However, I believe this to be unlikely and still stand in support of Templar98921.

I will vote against Prophile for his unusual and mostly-useless voting habits. I subscsribe to mrxak's philosophy of "remove everyone who isn't helpful".

Could I get some confirmation on when the voting for this round will end?

Again, I just have a bad feeling about this new character. I feel it in my bones! But please convince me otherwise. If you don't like my voting patterns, show me the errors of my ways and argue against whom I should be voting.

I'd prefer if you give at least some explanation, even if it was just a random pick, of why you vote for whom you are voting for.

Consider this your four hour-ish warning. I am going to try to wrap this round up before I go to bed tonight.

xander

So Templar will die with only 2 votes on his head, assuming nobody else votes? That seems a bit pathetic in my opinion.

Edit: Oops, I seem to have completely ignored the votes for prophile at this point. My mistake...

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 11 May 2008 - 07:17 PM

I'm not sure at all what to do right now. Since I don't want to die or be voted against, I guess I'll have to vote against someone. In my opinion, there's really only three possibilities:

prophile (3 votes)
Templar98921 (2 votes)
LNSU (1 vote)

It looks as if prophile's going to be voted out this round for being random. That said, I've seen prophile before, and he's random all the time. I don't want to spin this out into a big analysis post (I have neither the stamina or the content for it), but I will say that I still think mrxak's on to something. Templar98921 , it's your turn.

Takes Center Stage

It's really not me!

I'm going to vote for prophile. Three reasons:
1. I can save my own skin.
2. He has been really random this whole game.
3. He says he doesn't trust me. Nothing I have said would create a lack of trust, except for the 1st round vote. This leaves two situations:
i) Prophile holds grudges. This isn't healthy for the innocents, no matter if Prophile is innocent or not. If he is innocent, he would refuse to accept new information, and possibly skew a vote away from the terrorists to satisfy his grudge. If he's a terrorist, as I suspect, he would have pushed to kill me. That assassination attempt could have been on my life. If prophile is a terrorist, this makes sense, as we just killed Hypo over me. If I was lynched, then night-killing me would have posed no effect, but would leave suspicion on me.
ii) Prophile is a terrorist, and blames me for Hypo's death.

@soitbegins, on May 11 2008, 07:38 PM, said in xander's Global Thermonuclear War:

<snip>
In my opinion, there's really only three possibilities:
<snip>

Actually, there's twelve possibilities, as there are twelve players, but only three of them have votes against them.

Hmm. For better or for worse, I'm going to say prophile this round, because the sheer volume of flak aimed at Templar throughout this game is unnatural.

So the current tally is:

prophile: (5)
jrsh92
Manta
LNSU
Templar98921
Eugene Chin

Templar98921: (3)
JacaByte
prophile
SIB

LNSU: (1)
darth_vader

And I notice that Mackilroy didn't vote last round, and hasn't voted yet this round.
If he doesn't vote soon, he'll be hauled out of chambers for interrogation.

I'm voting for SoItBegins. I believe he knows why. If he doesn't, then I'm sorry. The rest of you need not concern yourselves.

I'm going to trust mrxak here, but I wonder why he is voting seeing as how the vote could not possibly make a difference.

I'll change my vote to Templar. I don't think prophile is guilty.

@eugene-chin, on May 12 2008, 09:43 AM, said in xander's Global Thermonuclear War:

because the sheer volume of flak aimed at Templar throughout this game is unnatural.

That happened last game as well. I feel hunted. I don't understand. Can someone give me the reasons why people are voting for me? How am I acting suspicious?

Candidate:	  Votes:  Voted for By:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
prophile		5	   LNSU, Templar98921, Eugene Chin, Manta, jrsh92
Templar98921	4	   prophile, darth_vader, JacaByte, SoItBegins
mrxak		   1	   SoItBegins
Mackilroy	   1	   Mackilroy
GutlessWonder   1	   GutlessWonder

_"Clearly, we can no longer trust prophile, and Mackilroy has been suspiciously silent. Men, take them away."

Both prophile and Mackilroy are handcuffed and lead out of chambers. Mackilroy seems somewhat stoic about the whole thing, if not downright unconscious. prophile, on the other hand, protests his innocence as he goes._

Specials and traitors, PM me. Mackilroy, you are now in custody, as you have not voted in two rounds.

xander

@templar98921, on May 11 2008, 11:19 PM, said in xander's Global Thermonuclear War:

That happened last game as well. I feel hunted. I don't understand. Can someone give me the reasons why people are voting for me? How am I acting suspicious?

You have too many numbers. Now maybe something important happened on September 21st, 1998, but putting that in your name is pretty ridiculous.

Anyway, too bad about Mackilroy. I rather liked him.

I know my vote won't count yet, but nonetheless, expect a vote for SoItBegins when it is time for votes to count.

Sorry, I've been barely home the past three days. If I'm out of the game, well, I'm out of the game. Just let me know.

No, nothing happened on September the 21st 1998. Do you really want to know why these numbers have significance?

Because when signing up for a hotmail account (which I no longer use) they are the numbers it suggested. I just haven't forgotten them. Most, if not all of my online accounts use them.

Also, that date only makes sense from an American perspective, and I ain't American.

On a happier note, I survived! By the skin of my teeth. Again.

^crackhead.

I am sorry for the delay. The traitors have spent the last 24 hours telling me that they want to kill each other (specifically, that they want to kill one of their own). I have told them, in no uncertain terms, that I would not allow that, and they continue to argue with me. I am getting tired of telling them no, so I am going to start the next round. To repeat, no one died during the inactive phase, but it was not because of a save. The traitors just couldn't be convinced to make a decision.

You have 36 hours, plus or minus. This round ends at or around 6:00 AM PDT on 14 May 2008 (1:00 PM GMT on 14 May 2008).

xander

I guess this confirms that whoever gets nightkilled is an innocent. I've always been somewhat suspicious of everyone assuming an attempted or resurrected nightkill would be an innocent, seeing as how the terrorists could have killed one of their own with the expectation of having them resurrected just to insure their immunity through the game... but I take it that tactic is not allowed in this game?