xander's Global Thermonuclear War

That's not at all what happened.

@mrxak, on May 14 2008, 08:01 PM, said in xander's Global Thermonuclear War:

That's not at all what happened.

How do you mean?

xander

I believe he means that SIB was not taken aback unexpectedly by Templar's murder as much as his post would seem to convey. Even I'm not too shocked by it. Anyways,

SoItBegins. I believe you are a cop.

Wrong game number.

There's something to be said for SIB having to say he was surprised by Templar's death. All nightkills are unexpected! Unless you ordered them, in that case they are expected, and you might feel justified in saying that it was unexpected, simply to prove that you didnt' expect it.
In summary, between LNSU's wisdom often proving true throughout this game and SIB's post, I think this is a fair vote.

I wonder why the traitors kill Templar when everyone kept on voting for him? I'm still voting jrsh92. I don't see anything too suspicious about SIB's comment, and it looks like you're trying to start a bandwagon.

This post has been edited by darth_vader : 14 May 2008 - 06:37 PM

Bandwagons are great if they aren't for me 😛

I say that I was surprised because, I honestly, truly believed that Templar was a terrorist. I wouldn't have gone all homing-missile on him otherwise. However, now that he's dead by the terrorists, it's pretty obvious that he is not , and all of my theories about the game so far have just been blown out the window.

SoItBegins , as promised. Editing your post doesn't really help your case either.

Check out the post time and the edit time. I edited the post within about 30 seconds of putting it up. I haven't edited it since.

Yeah, be realistic mrxak, fixing spelling right after you post isn't editing the post after you've been called on whatever you said. Give him a break for that.
That said, I still think you're the terrorist, SIB. As much as you'd like to convince people you thought Templar was the terrorist, isn't it a bit funny that you constantly tried to make him die and then, coincidentally, he gets nightkilled? It sounds like, since you couldn't organize a vote for him, you just had him assassinated.

Really, why would I want to kill him if I didn't think he was a terrorist? If I was a terrorist, I simply would have quit while I was ahead and night-killed someone else. If you ask me, I think I'm the one being implicated here, while the real bad guy is laughing his rear off behind the avatar-mask of someone else.

SoItBegins , I have trusted you more than some, but the evidence does now point your way. Hypo was extremely quick to defend you when I was rigging my trap first round.

Here's the deal. You tried to kill me to frame Templar<whatever> and then when that didn't work, you tried to kill Templar<whatever> to frame your side, knowing full well that we'd assume that your side, like I had been, was innocent, thus driving a wedge.

... So That's who had been protected in Round 2.

mrxak's testimony is both believable, and damning.

It makes a great deal of sense that the terrorists would try to kill someone who had voted along-side themselves to Night-Kill, considering the clear split in Round 2.

And since -(Message Redacted)-

SoItBegins.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 16 May 2008 - 04:37 PM

Given that I don't really have much hope of any turnaround at this point, I'd like to request that darwinian end this round early.

@eugene-chin, on May 14 2008, 11:39 PM, said in xander's Global Thermonuclear War:

It makes a great deal of sense that the terrorists would try to kill someone who had voted along-side themselves to Night-Kill, considering the clear split in Round 2.

It's a strategy I've used in the past with some success, however using it more than once in a game does kind of make it easy to spot.

@soitbegins, on May 15 2008, 05:04 AM, said in xander's Global Thermonuclear War:

Given that I don't really have much hope of any turnaround at this point, I'd like to request that darwinian end this round early.

Well, since you are the last traitor, if you want to end the round early, that is fine with me.

GAME OVER, INNOCENTS WIN.

The traitors were Hypochondriac, SoItBegins, and JacaByte.

The IA was LNSU. He saw Hypochondriac, mrxak, JacaByte, and Templar98921 (in that order).

The well protected diplomat was mrxak. He protected himself every single bloody night.

xander

I knew it I suspected manta or lnsu as the IA and wanted to kill them in the second or third round but it didn't happen 😞

LNSU had a huge windfall investigating Hypochondriac first.

After Hypo was voted out, LNSU PM'ed everyone who had voted Hypo, told us he was an I.A. on the assumption that Dictators would not vote out one of their own so early, and formed a voting-bloc.

Templar was, of course, part of that bloc, hence why so much effort went into protecting him from Lynching in Round 3.

Learning JacaByte's role in the next round caused us all to pile onto him. The two of these events probably revealed the fact we were collaborating, as it was the same set of people voting.

(EDIT) Hey, can I ask: What was the motivation for killing kickme in Round 1?

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 15 May 2008 - 11:11 AM