Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII

Phew Carnagey! Sorry, Hypochondriac, but I was convinced of your guilt. I'll pay more attention in the future. FTM I'll abstain from voting.

Actually, I think I'll just consider this some more, but I don't intend to abstain.

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 26 January 2008 - 11:28 AM

@kickme, on Jan 26 2008, 02:19 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

So far, RJC Ultra has only voted randomly. While the chances of actually picking a terrorist by this method increase each round, he has wasted his vote this round.

Not randomley, I observed your voting pattern and based my vote on that. :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by RJC Ultra : 26 January 2008 - 11:28 AM

I'm beginning to see a pattern in the terrorist's actions.

First they off Manta. Manta had voted for JacaByte, who had made some suspicious posts and votes. I actually voiced my suspicion of JacaByte at one point, but realized it was probably more likely that he was being framed.

Then they try to off me. mrxak had, up until he realized that I am innocent, made no secret of his suspicion for me. My belief is that the terrorist is attempting to frame him for trying to kill me. For this reason I no longer suspect mrxak of being a terrorist.

Therefore, my observation is that these assassinations, if made for the reasons I suspect, are pretty transparent. It's possible that the terrorist either;

1: Wants us to believe he is a newcomer, making the people who haven't played before suspect.

2: IS a newcomer.

I think this because the terrorist's choices seem pretty blatant and transparent. A more skilled operator would probably know how to make a less obvious choice.

Currently, I suspect Buffalo The Kid. I will change my vote if I can find a more reasonable target.

Now we come to the issue of JacaByte. We don't know what the deal is with the other role (I suggest we refer to this role as the 'assassin' role, since we don't know what it is called.), but why would they off JacaByte? What reason could they have for killing him? This person is not a terrorist, so the usual logic can't apply. Thoughts?

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 26 January 2008 - 12:25 PM

Don't forget: I'm the kind of host who will pull the rug out from under you, after coating it with glue at the beginning. >) Think about it.

By the way: The round ends in 3 hours.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 26 January 2008 - 03:03 PM

You make a good point, but this isn't the first time I've played this game, you know. This is just the first time I've played on the Ambrosia Web board.

About the assassin thing: I think I saw the role Arms Dealer in a previous game.

This post has been edited by Buffalo the Kid : 26 January 2008 - 03:37 PM

Arms Dealer... that would be the previous game. mrxak hosted that one.

I'm starting to be convinced that his sense of GTW is summarily crazy.

@darth_vader, on Jan 25 2008, 11:12 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

mrxak has been laying low. I don't have much on him, but it doesn't fit his usual patterns.

Well nuts. It was you I was waiting on to see how you voted, with the intention of following suit on the off-chance you might have special knowledge. But it would seem that you weren't told what I did for you the last round. Anyway, I'm not too upset, since I cannot be killed. I rather wish you had voted for somebody else though to help me figure this mess out.

@soitbegins, on Jan 26 2008, 03:31 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

Arms Dealer... that would be the previous game. mrxak hosted that one.

I'm starting to be convinced that his sense of GTW is summarily crazy.

I actually came up with a pretty interesting new role for the next game (which I hope to host again next, if none object).

As the round is going to end rather soon, and nobody's really made any good points, I'm going to go with my default of voting off people I think are hurting the game. That means you, RJC Ultra. Random votes are bad, and you have also so far always voted for innocent people.

As the round is going to end rather soon, and nobody's really made any good points

You don't consider mine a good one? If so, why not? Have I made an error somewhere?

I actually came up with a pretty interesting new role for the next game (which I hope to host again next, if none object).

I certainly won't be hosting it 😉

You make a good point, but this isn't the first time I've played this game, you know. This is just the first time I've played on the Ambrosia Web board.

Mmm. I forgot about that.

I gotta admit... Every time mrxak says he cannot be killed, I believe him a little less... He could however just be trying not to get killed because of the suspicions everyone has against him. Still, that seems a bit too nooby for him. Also, if he doesn't die even if he is voted off, suspicion will probably be removed from him.
So I vote mrxak.

@shlimazel, on Jan 26 2008, 04:16 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

You don't consider mine a good one? If so, why not? Have I made an error somewhere?

Did you actually make a point? I must have missed it when you argued two opposing views and then picked a name at random :p.

I was observing that the terrorist's choices seem to have been made specifically to frame other people, but that the choices were fairly transparent. This lead me to believe that the terrorist must be a new player.

@mrxak, on Jan 26 2008, 02:39 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

Well nuts. It was you I was waiting on to see how you voted, with the intention of following suit on the off-chance you might have special knowledge. But it would seem that you weren't told what I did for you the last round. Anyway, I'm not too upset, since I cannot be killed. I rather wish you had voted for somebody else though to help me figure this mess out.
As the round is going to end rather soon, and nobody's really made any good points, I'm going to go with my default of voting off people I think are hurting the game. That means you, RJC Ultra. Random votes are bad, and you have also so far always voted for innocent people.

Wait, that was you? Well, ok then. Vote for mrxak is retracted.

Anon - mrxak (voted by F.A.T.E.)
Buffalo The Kid - mrxak
darth_vader - mrxak (voted by F.A.T.E.)
1Eevee1 - mrxak (voted by F.A.T.E.)
Eugene Chin - mrxak (voted by F.A.T.E.)
kickme - RJC Ultra
mrxak - RJC Ultra
RJC Ultra - kickme
Shlimazel - Buffalo the Kid

mrxak : 5
RJC Ultra: 2
Buffalo the Kid: 1
kickme: 1

_For the third time, the (now somewhat diminished) group of ambassadors sat around the table, waiting for F.A.T.E.'s response. Sure enough, F.A.T.E. used the exact same formal phrasin that it had the past two times.

'As per your choices, you have indicated that mrxak has a high chance of being a terrorist. mrx_ _ --_ _'

Something changed._

-----------------------

Anon - Buffalo the Kid (voted by F.A.T.E.)
Buffalo The Kid - Buffalo the Kid
darth_vader - Buffalo the Kid (voted by F.A.T.E.)
1Eevee1 - Buffalo the Kid (voted by F.A.T.E.)
Eugene Chin - Buffalo the Kid (voted by F.A.T.E.)
kickme - RJC Ultra
mrxak - RJC Ultra
RJC Ultra - kickme
Shlimazel - Buffalo the Kid

Buffalo the Kid : 6
RJC Ultra: 2
kickme: 1

_' --ffalo the Kid , please stand.' No one seemed to notice the sudden change that had taken place. Maybe, to them, it had always been that way.

F.A.T.E., after a pause, continued with its ritual. 'By the powers vested in me by the Secretary General of the U.N., you, Buffalo the Kid, will be deleted on suspicion of crimes against humanity. Thank you for your time.'

And once more did a soul fly into F.A.T.E.'s hungry... uh... wall.

After a short interval, F.A.T.E. spoke once more.

'A posthumous mindscan has found evidence that Buffalo the Kid was a terrorist. Buffalo the Kid's country will be bombed with thermonuclear devices, with the intent of killing everything alive within its borders. My calculations suggest that only one terrorist remains.'

The ambassadors cheered and clapped. A few even smiled. Then Anon erupted in a fit of coughing. After a short pause, he slumped forward. Dead, as F.A.T.E. shortly confirmed. This time, it was an unknown poison.

The ambassadors, now reduced by two once more, started the discussion once again. Hopefully, the other terrorist would soon follow this one.
_
Congratulations, you got one!!

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 26 January 2008 - 08:11 PM

Good analysis, Shlimazel.

Well... yes an no...
He did have a good point, but the first round, SBI was messing with the terrorist pms, so it was almost impossible to choose who to kill, so that one had no base to it and the rest of the time, SIB chose for us...
Gratz anyways.

This post has been edited by Buffalo the Kid : 26 January 2008 - 08:38 PM

Actually, the rest of the time, ----- (the other bad guy) wrote in and told me who the NK of the day was. I have never had to do the duties of the terrorists for them.

Well either way I had less say in the kills than I would have liked. It was finals week.

Oh, and Booga!

This post has been edited by Buffalo the Kid : 26 January 2008 - 08:37 PM

It is clear who is who now. The last terrorist will slip up by not accusing me, letting me know who they are. And that is when we win the game, gentlemen.

Who's left:

darth_vader
1Eevee1
Eugene Chin
kickme
mrxak
RJC Ultra
Shlimazel

Round ends 5 PM CST on Monday. (1700 GMT-6)

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 26 January 2008 - 11:37 PM

There, does that prove I cannot be killed? I can give more examples if needed, but I think we should concentrate on figuring out who the last terrorist is. I suspect only Eugene Chin or RJC Ultra. One of these two, and only these, is assuredly a terrorist. To keep things simple, I suggest you both vote for each other. Voting for anybody else will be seen by those who know each other to be innocent as a sign of guilt.

Buffalo The Kid voted once for Eugene Chin very late in a round. Could they be trying to establish a voting record to prevent suspicion later? We're dealing with basically a 50-50 toss-up here, but this particular fact tips the coin slightly in Eugene Chin's favor.