Global Thermonuclear War

Hey, wait,

maybe Eugene Chin and SoItBegins are the terrorists? :laugh:

EDIT: Like mrxak, I'm going to sleep now, since Iceland is in a different timezone. Enough idiot posts placed for today.

This post has been edited by RJC Ultra : 09 November 2007 - 05:02 PM

I will point out that in Eugene Chin's picture, the text of SoItBegin's alleged PM is in another window in the background, as well.

The snippet "the game." is also visible in that picture, lower in the same window, yet not in the message.

This snippet is visible in my post revealing the message:
"No intelligent Intelligence Agent would risk exposing himself this early in the game. "

Explanation: I use a text editor to spell check and first-draft my posts.

I've lost track...who's "winning" the votes right now?

The whole situation with SoItBegins is strange.

The three possibilities seem to be:
1. He has some sort of special role and, being new, has exposed himself.
2. He's an innocent trying to masquerade as a special role to manipulate the voting.
3. He's a dictator and, being new, is trying to manipulate things by acting as the IA.

Frankly, I'm puzzled.

mrxak has argued (I think) that Eugene Chin has exposed special roles or is making it up. In response to Eugene Chin's statement that the message content was false, he stated: "How do you know the content is a lie? SoItBegins is new to the game, he may not know any better. If you were really innocent, I don't think that you would make the decision to expose somebody's special role (in fact, two special roles) just on your personal hunch. And if you did, well, then you're a terrible player for the innocent cause, and we'll be better off with you gone."

To me, this doesn't rule out the theory that SoItBegins is a dictator and made this attempt because he was new. Being new, he might have tried this in innocence, but that doesn't mean that he did.

Since Eugene Chin has already posted this message, I see no point in failing to confirm it, although I have previously held off on doing so because of the possibility that SoItBegins was actually some kind of special role.

I too have received PMs from SoItBegins: ones even more suspicious than the one posted by Eugene Chin.

In all, I have had four from him (one of which I deleted because I like to keep my PM box mostly empty but I have the text from it since he quoted it in his next PM). I have included my responses, as they not suspicious. (I did miss one though because he didn't quote on it and I hadn't replied to the last yet as far as I remember.)

**SoIt Begins:
**Greetings. We are writing this to propose an alliance with Canada. This alliance will in effect stiulate that neither will attempt to 'do the other in', and that we will share information as mutually benefits us. As a token of our sincerity, here is some information we have recently 'discovered':

Russia is highly likely to be harboring terrorists; as such it would be in both our interests to vote against them.

I hope you accept our offer. Thanks you for your time.

China

**Selax:
**Hmm, I'll need some time to think about this. May I get back to you on this in a round or two?

SoItBegins :
Certainly. However, we have recieved some highly reliable information to the extent that the ambassador from Mexico has specialized training. This training is not terrorist training. As such, we have a vested interest in keeping him alive, if possible. While it would be far from us to suggest any course of action, our projections indicate it would prove highly profitable to both China and Canada if you voted against someone other than Mexico.

Thank you for your time.

China

**Selax:
**Hmm, well, my vote is only pending more information. I'll have to see what things look like tomorrow.

**SoItBegins:
**Look: The only remaining voter is RJCUltra, and he's a n00b and, as such, easily manipulated. Mexico (prophile) has a special role, that's not Terrorist; I know this for a fact. Please, if you're not going to decide now, just let me know so I can retract and delay destruction.

S-I-B

SoItBegins:
Selax:

If you must know, I've been the one pulling a whole lot of strings to try and convict Russia, because it will keep Mexico alive -- he has a special role which could be really useful later. That's all. Whether Russia is a terrorist or not is another matter-- I just need Mexico to not have enough of a majority to be able to die.

Please, please, please change your vote back to Manta, if only for the sake of that alliance. I'll repay you later.

S-I-B

I think it possible that he may be innocent and trying to steer things the way he wants, but I can't say that for sure.

I can upload screenshots of the three that I have if you wish.

In light of all this, I think that I will keep my vote for prophile.

@selax, on Nov 9 2007, 05:03 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

I've lost track...who's "winning" the votes right now?

By my count it's 3 for Manta, 3 for prophile. You'll want to bold your vote, though. This vote count is also being brought to you after 1Eevee1 changed his vote within his post.

So, SoItBegins revealed himself to Multiple people?

I Cannot imagine an I.A. being this stupid.

Ladies and gentlemen, I rest my case. We have our first dictator.

(I shouldn't have been thinking about GutlessWonder so much this round. That'll backfire soon.)

(Edit) All this, and we're not even in Round 2 yet.
(Editx2) Emphasis added for posterity.
(Editx3) I wonder where prophile is, and what he has to say about this. We haven't heard from him yet.
(Editx4) Heheh. I wonder what SIB would do if he'd tried to trick the Real I.A.
(Editx5) Even If I get night killed at the end of this phase, this has certainly been a very entertaining game. Fast paced and full of intrigue.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 09 November 2007 - 07:00 PM

@eugene-chin, on Nov 9 2007, 03:24 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Ladies and gentlemen, I rest my case. We have our first dictator.

(I shouldn't have been thinking about GutlessWonder so much this round. That'll backfire soon.)

No, I'm just practicing my F.A.T.E. strategy. (You'll find out soon enough.)

Yeah, I woke up at 7PM, thinking it was 7AM, so I got out of bed way earlier than I wanted to. Figured I'd check in on things before trying again.

1. We don't know what special roles there in the game. It is possible that somebody has I.A. style knowledge at the start of a round, not the end of it.
  2. Eugene Chin apparently has PMs about a "targeting takedown".
  3. SoItBegins has stated that he is not the intelligence agent. I don't much see evidence of him claiming to be so in his alleged PMs anyway. He may have acquired knowledge through a different role, or he may simply be guessing, in any case.
  4. After a slew of post edits, Eugene Chin is now telling Mackilroy not to cover for him, that Mackilroy should be impartial and Eugene Chin has screwed up somehow. It would seem at the very least he has something to hide, and that is likely this "targeting takedown" thing. Sounds like Eugene Chin has exposed himself as a terrorist. In his own words, "Ladies and gentlemen, I rest my case. We have our first dictator." (of course, I still believe Manta is guiltier than prophile, and since I cannot vote for Eugene Chin until next round, I believe Manta is our first dictator, Eugene Chin is just our second)

If Eugene Chin isn't a terrorist, than the mysterious PM he made is simply evidence that there are unique special roles in the game we haven't seen before, which should prove that it's quite possible SoItBegins had advance knowledge of one person's role. As I've said before, whether Eugene Chin is a terrorist seeking to put blame on two special roles or he's just a bad player for the innocent side, he should be removed from the game as soon as possible.

Now, maybe I can get a full night's sleep instead of this waking up after a couple hours crap. :blink:

Of course, the most upsetting thing about all of this is that I haven't received any PMs.

cries in the corner

Also... FATE = Foreign Allies Tactically Eliminating (You)?

Alright.

Let me go over this all again.

I received a PM from SoItBegins, where he claimed that he had I.A. style Intel on prophile's Innocence.

There were so many flaws in his assertions, however, that I am Convinced that he is a Dictator. I also noted that his first-round behavior was Far from Innocent. Jumping around from target to target, for no apparent reason.

Apparently, SoItBegins has also contacted Selax in a similar way, so we know that, yes, he really Is sending PM's claiming to have Intel on prophile. We don't know who else SoItBegins has contacted, or would have contacted, in this way.

If he Is an I.A., sending messages to that effect was going to get himself killed pretty quickly. Not Smart. Not Useful. If he's actually the I.A.

However, I am willing to bet that he is a Dictator. Further, that he is a Dictator who tried to trick people into thinking he was the Intelligence Agent. mrxak has completely discounted this possibility, despite all evidence and logic.

If I Was the Dictator, I wouldn't be drawing attention to myself by outing SoItBegins... I'd tell him "Thank you for telling me prophile is Innocent, I shall change my vote immediately." Then I would be scheduling his Night Kill.

(James Chin Asks me to pass along the following:) "Will the Real Intelligence Agent please kindly Stay Seated and Not Draw Attention to Himself!"

According to Selax, SoItBegins said that he had Intel that Manta was Specifically Guilty.
To me, he said that he had Intel that Specifically said prophile was Innocent.

Even if SoItBegins could investigate two people at once, he still had to turn in the names before the tie-breaker round. Isn't it coincidental that he manages to pick the two people at the beginning of the round, the same two people who wind up in the tie-breaker?

My younger brother fears that, since SoItBegins contacted two people, and since that both of us have come forward with this, that SoItBegins will try to spin it into a claim that Selax and I are the Dictators.

Just so you know, there are other information sources than the ones an Intelligence Agent uses.

Think about it.

P.S: I never told Selax that Manta was guilty. Oh, wait. Did I say that? 😮

Gah, sorry for taking so long... Spent a lot of time after school

Anyways, I'm Still going for prophile...

@soitbegins, on Nov 9 2007, 01:49 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Eugene Chin: Please explain this.

Posted Image

$20 thats a fraud, because Eugene Chin never posted a picture with the PM window set to the Inbox.. and after making a claim where you can modify images pretty easily, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that, you took a screen shot of your own inbox and then replaced the corresponding text to support your claim. Being a digital artist, it is fairly simple to move some pixels around here and there..

There is only one way to prove this image true, and I dare not say it for the fear that he'll "just photoshop it" to make it look real.

@soitbegins, on Nov 9 2007, 06:11 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Just so you know, there are other information sources than the ones an Intelligence Agent uses.

Think about it.
P.S: I never told Selax that Manta was guilty. Oh, wait. Did I say that? 😮

SIB, I believe you've dug yourself into a hole so deep, that the dirt is starting to fall back down onto you. If you truly are an IA, you are so screwed now, for you are most likely a terrorist target by now.

-Dark

This post has been edited by Dark Jet : 09 November 2007 - 09:20 PM

In Summation:

SoItBegins made claims to me of being an I.A., and asked me to vote against Manta instead of prophile.

These claims did not make sense to me.
These claims did not match up with what I had observed.

From that, I came to the perfectly reasonable conclusion that SoItBegins was trying to deceive me.
Further, since he was trying to deceive me, I have concluded that SoItBegins is one of the enemy.

All of this seems perfectly rational to me.

This game is crazy.

Anyway, I don't believe that prophile or Manta is guilty: Abstain

This is the link Eugene Chin posted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Cog...ss/Picture3.png

This is the photo showing his Inbox:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Cog...ss/Picture2.png

Even I can't mess with other people's Photobucket albums.

By the way, I stand with my old vote: Manta.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 09 November 2007 - 11:12 PM

@eugene-chin, on Nov 9 2007, 05:24 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Same here. If SoItBegins really is the intel agent though, he'll be killed tonight, so at least you may not have to worry about that.

@mrxak, on Nov 9 2007, 07:06 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

1. We don't know what special roles there in the game. It is possible that somebody has I.A. style knowledge at the start of a round, not the end of it.

Possible. I wouldn't be willing to believe it right now though, as I can't see what gameplay aspect it would "enhance." Nor do I see why SoItBegins would reveal that information to a large amount of people privately, but not everyone.

1. Eugene Chin apparently has PMs about a "targeting takedown".

This does not prove his guilt. I for one am willing to vouch for his innocence. If you've noticed the way we both play in reaction to each other in this and previous games, you should believe me.

1. SoItBegins has stated that he is not the intelligence agent. I don't much see evidence of him claiming to be so in his alleged PMs anyway. He may have acquired knowledge through a different role, or he may simply be guessing, in any case.

Anything he has stated is suspect. He also stated that he didn't send those messages, when he clearly did. I just don't understand why.

1. After a slew of post edits, Eugene Chin is now telling Mackilroy not to cover for him, that Mackilroy should be impartial and Eugene Chin has screwed up somehow. It would seem at the very least he has something to hide, and that is likely this "targeting takedown" thing. Sounds like Eugene Chin has exposed himself as a terrorist. In his own words, "Ladies and gentlemen, I rest my case. We have our first dictator." (of course, I still believe Manta is guiltier than prophile, and since I cannot vote for Eugene Chin until next round, I believe Manta is our first dictator, Eugene Chin is just our second)

Your case against Eugene Chin is weak. Targeting Takedown may well be related to a special role, not terrorist activity. Your failure to examine his own evidence is odd... I'm beginning to wonder if you're a dictator yourself. Or perhaps just bloodthirsty, which you often are.

If Eugene Chin isn't a terrorist, than the mysterious PM he made is simply evidence that there are unique special roles in the game we haven't seen before, which should prove that it's quite possible SoItBegins had advance knowledge of one person's role. As I've said before, whether Eugene Chin is a terrorist seeking to put blame on two special roles or he's just a bad player for the innocent side, he should be removed from the game as soon as possible.

Eugene Chin is hardly a bad player. He made an audacious move, which didn't quite work out. However, since it seems quite clear to me that he is not evil, he's a valuable person to have around. I will never forget the first game I played in, where he figured everything out almost as fast as me, but he was just a normal player and I was the IA. Chin would make a dangerous dictator, and has, but I have noticed that he is a bit more conservative when taking the evil role. I think his audacity here is only further evidence of his innocence and usefulness to the innocent side. Removing him from the game would be a very bad thing, and I'm incredulous that you don't realize this.

This post has been edited by darth_vader : 09 November 2007 - 11:16 PM

Nice new sig, SoItBegins.

(Edit)

@darth_vader, on Nov 10 2007, 04:15 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Eugene Chin is hardly a bad player. He made an audacious move, which didn't quite work out. However, since it seems quite clear to me that he is not evil, he's a valuable person to have around. I will never forget the first game I played in, where he figured everything out almost as fast as me, but he was just a normal player and I was the IA. Chin would make a dangerous dictator, and has, but I have noticed that he is a bit more conservative when taking the evil role. I think his audacity here is only further evidence of his innocence and usefulness to the innocent side. Removing him from the game would be a very bad thing, and I'm incredulous that you don't realize this.

Huh. Even I didn't notice that.

On the other hand, I've noticed that most of our players become more aggressive when they're evil, and I was deliberately trying to avoid that the last two games.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 09 November 2007 - 11:31 PM

@eugene-chin, on Nov 9 2007, 08:22 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Nice new sig, SoItBegins.

Thanks. I felt it would... fit.

@dark-jet, on Nov 9 2007, 09:17 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

$20 thats a fraud, because Eugene Chin never posted a picture with the PM window set to the Inbox.. and after making a claim where you can modify images pretty easily, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that, you took a screen shot of your own inbox and then replaced the corresponding text to support your claim. Being a digital artist, it is fairly simple to move some pixels around here and there..

There is only one way to prove this image true, and I dare not say it for the fear that he'll "just photoshop it" to make it look real.
SIB, I believe you've dug yourself into a hole so deep, that the dirt is starting to fall back down onto you. If you truly are an IA, you are so screwed now, for you are most likely a terrorist target by now.

One problem. Eugene Chin already admitted that screenshot was real, and despite covering for him initially, Mackilroy is no longer claiming it is fake either.

@darth_vader, on Nov 9 2007, 11:15 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Your case against Eugene Chin is weak. Targeting Takedown may well be related to a special role, not terrorist activity. Your failure to examine his own evidence is odd... I'm beginning to wonder if you're a dictator yourself. Or perhaps just bloodthirsty, which you often are.

If he is part of some new special role, then why does he not admit that the same could be possible of SoItBegins?

/me gives up on sleep. ######

@mrxak, on Nov 9 2007, 11:14 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

If he is part of some new special role, then why does he not admit that the same could be possible of SoItBegins?
/me gives up on sleep. ######

I don't know, but either way, the other part of your argument then applies. Whatever he is, a dictator or an innocent, he's not a good player, and he is either putting players in danger by nuking them in the night or by revealing their roles etc. Removing him wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Eugene Chin, not so much.